Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
281 - 300 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered 12/6/21 and have just received confirmation that it’s built and on the way to the dealership arriving around mid week next week - 2.0 - R Dynamic SE
That’s the exact same date I ordered mine. Hoping to have news soon. The only info they have told me was I had a build date in November after original date was 30th Sept
P250 R Dynamic SE also

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same timescales as me
My P400e order from mid June is now saying estimated delivery to dealer (within UK) early December.

Interesting but also slightly annoying reading this thread that other orders around that time appear to have been built and delivered already. Perhaps those other orders have quite different specifications, or perhaps the production queue isn’t strictly ordered by order date for similar orders.

Also interesting that JLR is paying Tesla to pool UK carbon emissions to reduce fine. Perhaps if they’d built more EVs or PHEVs (like mine!) in the last quarter it might have helped things!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My P400e order from mid June is now saying estimated delivery to dealer (within UK) early December.

Interesting but also slightly annoying reading this thread that other orders around that time appear to have been built and delivered already. Perhaps those other orders have quite different specifications, or perhaps the production queue isn’t strictly ordered by order date for similar orders.

Also interesting that JLR is paying Tesla to pool UK carbon emissions to reduce fine. Perhaps if they’d built more EVs or PHEVs (like mine!) in the last quarter it might have helped things!

Feels like the engine definitely impacts the build timetable. It’s not just by date.

think they must clear a batch of certain engine builds then do the next run

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think we must be in the same batch. I ordered a P400e on 18 June and I have noted that we both had build dates of 29 Oct and 5 Nov.

As of 25 Oct, it was 19 Nov for early December delivery, is that what you are now? I’m planning to ask for my vista on Monday, as it will have been 2wks since I last spoke to them.

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think we must be in the same batch. I ordered a P400e on 18 June and I have noted that we both had build dates of 29 Oct and 5 Nov.

As of 25 Oct, it was 19 Nov for early December delivery, is that what you are now? I’m planning to ask for my vista on Monday, as it will have been 2wks since I last spoke to them.
Yes, very similar dates. I only have latest delivery date (no build date or vista).

As of 29 Oct it was delivery date 3 Dec, so presumably a build date around 19 Nov assuming the previous two-week pattern holds. And as always, all dates are Fridays so they seem to be a “week-ending” date rather than an individual day.

Hopefully this will be final date change, but we’ll see.

Does yours have HUD on the order? (Mine does; not sure if that is causing extra delays.)

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, I didn’t go for HUD on mine.

Hopefully we both get some good news soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My F-Pace D300 HSE arrived at my dealer this morning. It was ordered at the end of June.

I'm going to see it in the morning and I should be able to collect the car in a couple of days.

Really excited.
Wonder if my D300 HSE is the same batch, as dealer told me yesterday its being loaded onto a transporter and should be with them today, and all things being well I can collect some time next week!!

Reactions: John020

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the call yesterday to say that mine is now with the dealer. I am collecting it on the 12th. Ordered towards the end of May.

·
Registered
F-Pace D300 HSE. Hakuba Silver
30 Posts
Great news. I'll be picking up my new car on Wednesday morning.

I went into the dealership this morning to drop of some new tyres to go on the car and I had a bit of a rummage round the new car while I was there.

I have to say I was very impressed. The interior in particular looked very smart.

I'm really looking forward to Wednesday when I can finally take the car home.

Only problem I'm having at the moment is getting insurance. I've got a quote I'm happy with, but it wont let me buy the policy as the car is not yet registered with the DVLA and they are saying they can't sell me a policy without a registered number plate. I've got a personalised number plate which is already fitted to the car. So either the dealer hasn't registered the car yet or the DVLA system hasn't updated yet. I've been trying for hours to get through to the insurance company help line, but so far without any success.

Surely buying car insurance shouldn't be this difficult.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Exciting times !!
Dealer are allocated blocks of registration numbers by DVLA and should tell you straight away which one they have assigned to yours.
It may be that is a Saturday today, and the backoffice peeps tend to work Monday to Friday, so just be patient, I'm sure they will have the required info for you before you go to pick it up?
Even should that fail, most, if not all main dealers offer complimentary 7 day "drive-away" insurance, so I am sure you will be fine for a wednesday handover.
Talk to your sales person - they are expert at cutting through red tape 😉
More importantly, ENJOY !
Best, Tim

·
Registered
F-Pace D300 HSE. Hakuba Silver
30 Posts
Tim,

I have a personalised number plate. Which is already fitted to the car. The registration fee has already been paid. But it seems I'm in a catch 22 situation. The insurance company won't insure unless it's registered but the dvla won't register if it's not insured. I'll try and sort it out on Monday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Inchdown,
I understand your situation, but your sales team are used to problems like this, but usually don't work weekends...
As I understand it, your car will be issued with a standard DVLA "VRN", then that will be superseded by your personal plate.
When you sell the vehicle, if you choose to retain your plate, the car will revert to the original VRN, which will then become non-transferable ?
I am sure someone with more expertise/experience will come along with the correct process soon?
I am sure it's all done online these days, so should be simple for the right person with the right training..
Lean on your sales person - they are the real experts in this type of situation ...
Good luck pal,
Tim

281 - 300 of 355 Posts