Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just an observation as I'm fortunately not in this position, has anyone taken legal advice to establish whether under these extreme circumstances it could be regarded as an unfair clause in the contract?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Out of interest, for those that have had orders outstanding and then have had to cancel/decide to cancel... What is the status that has been pushed back your dealer has been saying? Is it the "built" date or "committed to build" stage??

·
Registered
9 Posts
My mid-June order is not cancelled by me, and supposedly still planned for delivery late November.

However, if it's any indication, the status shows "Committed to build" with an early September date (black text), and "Built" with a late October date (grey text) in the event history log.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where can you see your order status.

I too have a June order, and my dealer is telling me it's planned to be built by the end of October.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To see your order status, you can ask your dealer to send you a copy of the vista sheet. i did this last Monday and am also 'committed to build' with a build date of 29 Oct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you too, ordered June and been told it's 'Committed to build' with a built date/delivery by end of October. Hopefully the final push back but not holding my breath!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Treezy/Techie: do you both have a "Built" date of exactly 29/10/21?

If so it seems quite a coincidence as my order has that exact date as well. Maybe the factory is going to be super busy that day… or just maybe many orders have that arbitrary date assigned (last weekday of October).

I know they're hit by the worldwide supply issues, but I guess I find it frustrating that I seem to get better and more accessible delivery/tracking info for £7 screwdriver or phone charger cable than I do for a £70,000 car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I certainly do, and I seem to remember earlier on in this thread that a few people had the same date earlier on in the year.
So it appears JLR may like to 'bunch' them up, i'm just hoping that this is the last of my 3 or 4 dates i've had.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am another one patiently waiting. Car ordered in May, I have been given various delivery dates, current one is that the car has a build date of 8th October and will be with the dealership by 22nd October. From a bit of research online the build date indicates the end of the week the car will be built in, so fingers crossed the car is in production next week. I know a few people who also have F-Paces being built the same week, so it does seem they bunch them up for production.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered 15/02/21, original build date in May, then a letter somewhere Q3, then letter probably Q4, but still no real information, also no info about spec changes... P400E SE 21.25MY

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I queried my order today with my dealer to see if we were still on for a 29 October build.

I was pleasantly astounded to receive an email back within 5 mins stating that there should be more info at the end of the week as the build date is TOMORROW!! :eek:

When I queried him on the date, he nonchalantly said it had come forward. Naturally, due to my elation that I am trying to contain until I have some sort of confirmation of it being built (with chips), I wasn't upset that he hadn't told me.

So here's hoping all is well and maybe a ray of sunshine for others patiently waiting.

I ordered a P400e HSE on 18 June.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am really confused how things work at JLR, i see that you've ordered your car in June..i have the same P400e HSE on order since November 2020..and today i got a message from my dealer that again the build date has changed for the 8th time, to 29th of October...but i'm happy for you.. please share picture if you have the car :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the dreaded phone call with the dealer this evening - ordered at the beginning of Jul 21 (build date of Oct 21 was given) and have been told that `worst case scenario` the car will be with me by the end of Jun 22. As others have said it will now be a MY22 which means no 3D camera - if I want a 3D camera I would be looking at another 12-18 months!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Seems these delays from order dates are getting longer and longer .
My vehicles now will be my last for a long long time with only full electric available in a few years time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello and good day to you all,
My sincere thoughts go out to all of you who are waiting for cars….
We went to our dealer in August 21 to order a new car for March 22. We've bought many cars from them and trust them (Matford, Exeter). They couldn't guarantee getting us the car we wanted by then. (The next nearest Jaguar dealer said we'd have it in a few months but we didn't believe them).
Anyway, our dealer did have a very similar, brand new but pre reg SVR, as the one we had specc'd. We opted for that one, given it was a physical car. It has interactive driver display, 3D camera etc. They ordered the SVR anyway, intending to display it in the showroom.
They've now been told that car order has been cancelled outright - not delayed.
I'm posting a photo of ours (the number plate has changed now) - not to gloat but to give you belief that, if you're able to wait, new Jaguar ownership will be worth it. We love ours. Take care everyone.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Velocity blue looks really dark in the showroom but it's a lovely colour .
You'll have to get a post up with more pictures of it
I was after a 570 or 600 lt spider around this time last year and almost pulled the tricker but poor dealers let me down and decided against it in the end . Now there price have gone up 30% from this time last year

·
Registered
58 Posts
Beautiful car... many safe miles..lucky you :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had another phone call from my dealer earlier. He continues to insist my F-Pace D300 HSE, ordered at the end of June, is still due to be built on October 29th, with delivery to me in early November.

He tells me it is definitely a MY21 car and that all standard features will be fitted. The 3D camera is standard on the HSE, so I hope he's right.

I have a hard deadline for getting the new car of the end of January, due to leasing commitments. So if I get hold of the new car next month I'll be very happy. I'm buying the car this time rather than leasing. But if the fpace isn't delivered by the end of January, I can order a new car with my leasing company and continue to drive my current car until any new car is available. I've made it clear to the dealer that I can't wait for the new fpace beyond the end of January.

So let's hope my fpace really is going to be built at the end of this month.

·
Registered
9 Posts
"3D Surround Camera" was officially standard equipment on all MY21 models, not just for the HSE versions.

I'm reading "Jaguar F-PACE Specification and Price Guide" document, April 2021 edition, Page 23, Advanced Driver Assistance section.

"3D Surround Camera" is standard in all eight models:
F-PACE
F-PACE S
F-PACE SE
F-PACE HSE
F-PACE R-DYNAMIC S
F-PACE R-DYNAMIC SE
F-PACE R-DYNAMIC HSE
F-PACE SVR

It's not even a "no cost option", which has a different symbol. It is simply listed as "standard".

I ordered a F-PACE R-DYNAMIC SE in June and it was standard equipment on the order. That said, I have no idea whether my car will now arrive with it fitted (hopefully, but dealer is not sure).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the f pace R dynamic se p250
Early June. Had a delivery date of Sept 30th
Mid August got a delivery date of 14th Oct.
A few days later I got another email saying delivery 21st Jan 22
I live in northern Ireland and I had bought a private plate for the car.
So I called my company and said as delivery is later want to upgrade a few things and they have told me as I have a build date for November they cannot change my specification . How can they not change because it's locked in for build??

221 - 240 of 252 Posts