Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has confirmed this morning what Ryan was saying yesterday afternoon, there is a supply problem affecting between 50+ supercharge orders (in the UK). :roll:

So it could well be September but he did say it's on escalation and they are working hard to resolve supplier issues, different spec engine to XE and XF so not affecting those models but orders are rare for that engine in those models anyway, interesting it doesn't appear to be affecting the F-type but again I suspect volume is low for those so I don't imagine they are checking with the factory that often.

A question of wait and see, whilst I am not happy it's easier when you know we are all in the same boat..... I am at or near the top of that batch apparently so we will see.

I am speculating with the next comment and extropolating from what was implied rather than said that there is some if very limited supply, so some cars may have been built/being built before supply became an issue, in that instance people who already been told of delivery dates (Dal comes to mind) might well still be fine, hope so as he can then tell us how great it is to drive and that will help sustain us whilst we start to the see the FE's and diesels on the road. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes seems that way indeed. My order been in system for few weeks now and just checked and still no date so until supply is sorted then no more orders turned into builds. Looks like a few have got in
Wonder what the supply issue is particular to the 3 litres
Hope they get sorted and build a glut to clear the early 3.0 orders from last year !!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just got back from my dealer in Norwich and was advised that the delay on the petrol engines is due to them trying to get emissions down as much as possible. The sales guy told me that the petrol engine will have ad blue, the same as the diesel? Ordered mine in October but specified that I didn't want it until September at the earliest, so not fussed about any delays.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know, it maybe just salesman speak, but it was what I was told.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Never heard of any manufacture using AdBlue on petrol engines, sounds like your dealer is spinning you a yarn.

I really do wish dealers would stop treating customers like fools.

1. Rear plastic arch trim is for protection - No it's not it's to hide rivot joints.
2. Supa Guard adds to residual value - No it doesn't when have you ever heard any salesman ask if it's supa guarded when P/X a car
3. Whatever engine your are looking at - is the best engine in the range
4. When speaking to a salesman and you say you have a FE on order and they ask what colour are you having.
5. Being told you are top of the list for an FE - then two arrive and neither of them are yours.

and it goes on........ it would be really refreshing for dealers to be honest & knowledge about the products they sell.

·
Registered
948 Posts
+1, the reality is very few sales persons are interested in what they sell, it's purely a job...... nothing more.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Agree, when my salesman phoned me to tell me that they had 3 showroom cars that had been delivered 3 days ago, I asked him to tell me the interior colours and he said he didn't know because he hadn't looked at them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Stagman said:
As far as I know AdBlue is only suitable for diesel engines[/quot

Yes pretty certain only works with diesel immissions
When you google adblue or DEF fluid (Diesel engine fluid) only mentions Diesel engines
It's basically urea (pee) that is atomised and injected in to the exhaust gasses in the exhaust I believe

·
Registered
260 Posts
And Adblue is one of the ways to get Nox emissions down to meet Euro 6 emissions requirements for diesels. Petrol Nox emissions requirements are already lower and Jaguar must have tested for compliance before going into production.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts