Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well chaps and ladies..... after a lot of deliberation I had a test drive in 3.0 diesel with 22's. Super motor - really punchy - good ride, great driving position etc etc - lovely. So ............. get ready to hide behind your settee..... BRG, pano roof, suedecloth headlining (saw an f-type coupe in the dealers.... and I'm a sucker...but it looked the bomb) black pack, privacy, black 22's, black/red, splash guards with probably fixed side step on which I will get the steel powder coated to gloss black as well. So I will have brg and pretty much all gloss black and red/black to pick up from calipers and wheel centres if we are being anal... which I am. Comments,.... raspberries welcome if you think I'm nuts... but I think it will look great particularly in sunny days when the curves show up the paint. If it don't .... oops .. but its on the way so just like brexit.. and like it or not when it arrives ... got to make the most of it.... :)

I did ask the dealer about an alcantara steering wheel but no go.....:-( I have heard rumours of a v8 f pace so that will have one no doubt.... :)

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Merlin said:
Well chaps and ladies..... after a lot of deliberation I had a test drive in 3.0 diesel with 22's. Super motor - really punchy - good ride, great driving position etc etc - lovely. So ............. get ready to hide behind your settee..... BRG, pano roof, suedecloth headlining (saw an f-type coupe in the dealers.... and I'm a sucker...but it looked the bomb) black pack, privacy, black 22's, black/red, splash guards with probably fixed side step on which I will get the steel powder coated to gloss black as well. So I will have brg and pretty much all gloss black and red/black to pick up from calipers and wheel centres if we are being anal... which I am. Comments,.... raspberries welcome if you think I'm nuts... but I think it will look great particularly in sunny days when the curves show up the paint. If it don't .... oops .. but its on the way so just like brexit.. and like it or not when it arrives ... got to make the most of it.... :)

I did ask the dealer about an alcantara steering wheel but no go.....:-( I have heard rumours of a v8 f pace so that will have one no doubt.... :)
The v8 rumour is a SVR version and has taken up some magazine and on line space.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/19/jaguar-f-pace-xe-svr-report/
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/jaguar/2018-jaguar-f-pace-svr-ar173255.html

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think you've got a good colour combo there. I discounted green early though I thought it would be ok but more I've seen last few months makes me think I discounted too easily, that deeper dark colour green does look good and matched with black is perfect.
I wish I had managed to change my colour to storm grey but I got talked out of it and sort of regretting it. BRG would be up there now and should look great.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Saw Sapphire Blue in the dealer showroom on Saturday and it looks much, much better than on the configurator. However, this was an S model and it didn't have the black pack. That made it look good because the rear skid plate and other chrome elements worked well.

On the way home I saw a standard Portfolio, without the black pack and it looked a little understated for me.

I agree with those who have said that carefully choosing the exterior specification is important for the F-Pace as different colours work differently with the various optional elements such as wheels and black pack etc.

Regards,

Arianne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks sp much for the feedback - and the picture - it looks great as well. It looks like brogue interior which I have also considered. Any chance of a photo of the inside? The paint will look nearly black most of the time I think but when the sum is out it looks fantastic on the curves of the body :) Overall the effect of brg and black/red should be quite dramatic I think - fingers crossed.... sorry to the majority I just couldn't face silver/grey/black/white ..... too many about really - needed a bit a variety - come resale who knows but it could be one of those that people ask about if you come to sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.