Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife and I took the kids to the cinema over the bank holiday weekend. Having bought our tickets and in the popcorn queue, I could see out window a couple of curious individuals taking a good look, followed by another, then another who started taking photos. There were quite a few approving nods of heads, and pointing at the leaper at the back as if to say 'is this really a jag?!'. Anyway the film started and about an hour in I decided to pop out to check all was well, and lo and behold, there was a small crowd of about 5/6 people circumnavigating, pointing , staring and peeking inside pressing their greasy mitts all over the front windows to get a good look past the reflection.

Now I've got used to the odd 'nice car, what is it?' comment and rubbernecking/pointing by other motorists, but this episode was making me feel a bit uncomfortable. I could resist it no longer. So I took out the phone, opened the app and hit 'beep and flash'. The parasitic oglers jumped back in fright and then looked around in confusion! I know it was a bit 'passive aggressive' but I couldn't help but have a good chuckle to myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope F-Paces now start coming out in large numbers so people can get used to them and stop smearing their grubby paws all over my shiny newly washed car! :lol:

·
Registered
688 Posts
:lol: :lol:
can you make the mood lighting come on via remote? you could have made it look it KIT from Knightrider!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Start the car for even more amazement !

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think this is what the rest of the world refer to as a proper "First world Problem"....I cannpt get people to stop looking at my new £40k+ car!!

You have to remember that people love new things, my friend with a McLaren 570S has the same problem

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F-Pace S said:
I think this is what the rest of the world refer to as a proper "First world Problem"....I cannpt get people to stop looking at my new £40k+ car!!

You have to remember that people love new things, my friend with a McLaren 570S has the same problem
It is a problem when strangers are all over your car to the point of a smudging the windows with their breath and leaving their paw prints everywhere, I had spent a good hour washing and chammying it to perfection not long before!

There are even some sick individuals out there who would take pleasure running their keys along your door panel purely out of spite. It is for this reason I have invested in a dash cam with live view, which notifies whenever there is an impact in parking mode, i.e. someone has come too close.

As for first world problems, this forum is full of them! 'My ICTP freezes', 'I can only open the gesture tailgate on the left not the right', 'I'm torn between 22 in helix and turbines!' etc etc, feel free to point this out on all those threads too! ;)

The problem is that the car is almost alien to the general public's psyche, apart from the reviews in car magazines and some papers, has there been any wide scale TV/radio advertisement campaign for F-Pace?

·
Registered
948 Posts
A couple of days after I got mine I was leaving work and as I was about to round the corner to where I'd parked the car I notice a couple of work colleagues checking out the car, I'd noticed them but they hadn't noticed me so I thought I'd have a little fun.... got my phone out and started the car..... the look on their faces was priceless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.