Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So after my second set of test drives in F-Pace. Tried both the 3.0D S and 2.0D R-Sports yesterday, I've pretty much made up my mind on an F-Pace.

Trying Lexus NX in an hour and have tried Mercedes GLC, BMW X3 and X5. None of the others have come close for me in their driving experience.

I've ruled out the Audi's (i just won't be an Audi driver) and the Porsche Macan (never been a Porsche fan and don't like their particular styling).

So now i need to negotiate the best deal possible and want advice on how to go about it and what i might be able to wrangle if I ask for it.

I've currently been dealing with Lancaster Jaguar of Tamworth, it's not my closest dealer but it's where I ended up for a part for my X-type so i spoke to them. They've been great so far, very knowledgeable, no pressure, accommodating and from what I've read they have excellent reviews for service and snag listing. I've also been using Carwow to see what deals are available and every dealer on there that quoted returned a deal of £0 discount.

several months ago when I started looking I could completely understand and agree as there was a 6month waiting list, now it's more like 1-2 months max, so I feel they should be ready to start offering deals soon.

Advice, reports and tips please.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Good morning Apollya,

Many have been through the same car trying as you have and reached the same conclusion.

Sadly discounts are few and far between, and more with service pack and extras such as brollies than cash off yet, maybe in a year or so.

Good luck

·
Registered
307 Posts
When I placed my order in October, it was still a strict no discounts on the vehicle or options (as per Jaguar). That only left the dealer fit options which in my case I still didn't get anywhere . Each dealership has a allocation of vehicles which Jaguar will provide them a year. my dealer had already sold their allocation so didn't really care too much whether I bought from them or not. This was quite obvious as they made no effort to follow up after my second showroom visit, when I was prepared to sign the contract only if they throw some freebies in to the deal .
I also tried carwow which come back with the same results.
Now if I had the time I could have phoned around different dealerships to see what deals they would offer. But as I would be looking at having to drive 2-3hrs to visit any of these, I decided it wouldn't be worth the price of a rubber boot liner or mats.
My belief is Jaguar have instructed all of their dealerships not to discount the FP to keep used prices high. As most dealerships have both brands within the same site, The pricing strategy which Land Rover use is being carried over to the Jaguar brand. I could be eating my words in few years time :)

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Also remember the prices are going up very soon so you need to get the deal done and delivery before the increase.

Regrettably they will not be in hurry to offer you any deals as the cars are selling so well both new and second hand but you may be able to get a deal on things like 5 year warranty, car care plans ect.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Also, anything delivered after April suffers increased tax cost, so no urgency to discount for a few months yet I'd say as order books take them to April anyway

·
Registered
302 Posts
The reality is that there are still low numbers on the road, dealers have their allocations and although the waiting list appears to now be down to a few months, there is still high levels of interest and demand out there. So this all boils down to there being few areas for negotiation apart from dealer fit options or service plans (as mentioned by other forum members).

You have not said which variant you are thinking of going with (2.0 or 3.0), or the spec.... What you need to remember is that as well as list prices about to go upwards again the changes in car tax rates could make a significant difference to your overall annual running costs if you don't get an order in quickly!

Assuming you will purchase (seems like you already made your mind up, and cannot see a Lexus NX is really going to do it!), then welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got the high mileage service pack thrown in for free (and also got nice key presentation box, flowers for the wife and an umbrella on collection).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AndyS said:
Assuming you will purchase (seems like you already made your mind up, and cannot see a Lexus NX is really going to do it!), then welcome to the club :)
Thanks Andy, the NX was actually surprisingly nice to drive (more like a car than the BMW / Mercedes) but you're right, it's no F-Pace.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Don't really have much advise but of you get anything then well done. Certainly cash discounts aren't really happening and not much on accessories either. I got a deal in the end but only due to a slight spec mistake but prior to that got nothing at all and I tried for a few freebies.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Apollya said:
AndyS said:
Thanks Andy, the NX was actually surprisingly nice to drive (more like a car than the BMW / Mercedes) but you're right, it's no F-Pace.
So........ What you going to order then??? :D - Let's have the full spec!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Growler said:
I got the high mileage service pack thrown in for free (and also got nice key presentation box, flowers for the wife and an umbrella on collection).
I had one of those key presentation boxes. I just thought everybody one. I must admit when he brought out this very plush red box my first thoughts were he was throwing in some red letter day driving experience - wishing thinking on my part I know!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
G T said:
Growler said:
I had one of those key presentation boxes. I just thought everybody one. I must admit when he brought out this very plush red box my first thoughts were he was throwing in some red letter day driving experience - wishing thinking on my part I know!
Not wishing to sound Monty Pythonesque... ' You lucky, lucky... barstool...

I got two lovely Guy Salmon key rings and a small. bouquet of flowers to give me hay fever... :evil:

I asked for a Growler key ring, which they had none & was promised one in post 4 weeks ago... needless to say never arrived so I've bought my own & binned the crappy reminders of an awful dealership all round..

Didn't expect much, but personally, the boxed keys should be a minimum...

Shop around & take advice from here... Not all dealerships behave the same....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got a growler key ring, mind you I did get a 20% reduction of the base price of my car as I work for Tata-yeeeeeh!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is on an XF though!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AndyS said:
At present looking like... 2.0D R-Sport in Dark Sapphire Blue:

1. Sliding Pano roof
  2. 19" Bionic (although considering 20" Venom)
  3. Privacy glass
  4. LED headlights
  5. ICTP w/ Meridian 380W
  6. Jet leather with Oyster stitch
  7. Driver memory pack for 14-way sport seats
  8. Etched alu trim
  9. black pack, Adaptive dynamics
  10. Advanced Park assist with surround
  11. Head up
  12. Adaptive Cruise Control
  13. Heated front Windscreen and Washer jets
  14. Gesture tailgate
  15. 19" space saver
  16. Cup holders
  17. Smokers Pack
  18. Air quality sensor and lockable cooled glove box
  19. Electrically reclining rear seats
  20. Cabin Pre-heat via remote
  21. Rear seat remote release levers
  22. Climate Front and Heated rear seats
  23. Lane assist
  24. Blind spot monitor
  25. Keyless entry
  26. Aluminium gear shift paddles
  27. Luggage compartment side net
  28. Rubber mats
  29. Luggage compartment rubber liner

Think that's me spent...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Apollya said:
AndyS said:
At present looking like... 2.0D R-Sport in Dark Sapphire Blue:

1. Sliding Pano roof
  2. 19" Bionic (although considering 20" Venom)
  3. Privacy glass
  4. LED headlights
  5. ICTP w/ Meridian 380W
  6. Jet leather with Oyster stitch
  7. Driver memory pack for 14-way sport seats
  8. Etched alu trim
  9. black pack, Adaptive dynamics
  10. Advanced Park assist with surround
  11. Head up
  12. Adaptive Cruise Control
  13. Heated front Windscreen and Washer jets
  14. Gesture tailgate
  15. 19" space saver
  16. Cup holders
  17. Smokers Pack
  18. Air quality sensor and lockable cooled glove box
  19. Electrically reclining rear seats
  20. Cabin Pre-heat via remote
  21. Rear seat remote release levers
  22. Climate Front and Heated rear seats
  23. Lane assist
  24. Blind spot monitor
  25. Keyless entry
  26. Aluminium gear shift paddles
  27. Luggage compartment side net
  28. Rubber mats
  29. Luggage compartment rubber liner

Think that's me spent...
Good spec, but go for the 20" venoms....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Also remember the prices are going up very soon so you need to get the deal done and delivery before the increase.

Regrettably they will not be in hurry to offer you any deals as the cars are selling so well both new and second hand but you may be able to get a deal on things like 5 year warranty, car care plans ect.
Why are the prices going up?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts