Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, first post been lurking for a while.

Got a 3.0D on order due to pick up on Sep 5th. Been adding options on over the last few months the latest of which being the memory pack at £600, last week asked dealer to send me final order form specifically to check that memory pack had been ordered. Unfortunately he has added memory seats only and not the pack, so no electric steering column or mirrors - guessing it will be too late to change at this stage and dealer on holiday until tomorrow.

My question is whether there are any views on how I should handle this error on their part, refuse to pay for the memory seats or just except it? Insist on the memory pack being fitted somehow etc etc?

Anŷ thoughts welcomed.

Cheers,
Dan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fingers crossed the poor guy doesn't get fired after returning from Holiday

·
Registered
441 Posts
My dealer ordered the tilt roof and I didn't know until the morning I collected the car and they started preparing the invoice. The last thing I wanted was a tilt and slide roof and fortunately my hand written sheet of paper with the extras I ordered was in the file so they had no choice than to delete the £300 they were wanting to charge.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
My dealer made exactly the same mistake but fortunately I spotted it in time. You will still get the reverse dip mirror I think.

If you are annoyed but will quickly get over it then refuse to pay for the memory option and try and get a service pack thrown in.

·
Registered
948 Posts
stato said:
Hi there, first post been lurking for a while.

Got a 3.0D on order due to pick up on Sep 5th. Been adding options on over the last few months the latest of which being the memory pack at £600, last week asked dealer to send me final order form specifically to check that memory pack had been ordered. Unfortunately he has added memory seats only and not the pack, so no electric steering column or mirrors - guessing it will be too late to change at this stage and dealer on holiday until tomorrow.

My question is whether there are any views on how I should handle this error on their part, refuse to pay for the memory seats or just except it? Insist on the memory pack being fitted somehow etc etc?

Anŷ thoughts welcomed.

Cheers,
Dan.
This happened to me, the only difference was that I only knew about it on collecting the car at which point it was too late for me as my RRS had already gone. But to be completely honest with you after living with the standard adjustment system on the steering column I find it superb and ain't missing not having the electric/memory adjustment.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think the others have about got it right. If you don't pay for memory seats yours getting £430 for "free" or around that cost. You,lose the steering wheel and what's the power fold mirrors. The S already has that doesn't it ?
So you save £630 in total which isn't too bad so see what you can get but I would say that's the minimum really.

They can easily sell it but do you want to wait again ?. My dealer gets us to check the order very carefully and sign and return it I guess to protect against this and put the onus more with the customer.
Must admit I assumed certain features for granted on the top of range so was surprised on memory features and others. Only just found out about a few I sort of "expected" and didn't look into enough. Too obsessed with colours and still think I chose wrongly !!

Good luck go get your car and do a deal your happy with

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It's all down to your lock in date. My dealer was quite clear final lock in order by date "X". I went in with my configurator, my brochure, ran through each option crossed each option off (£22k worth took some time!!!) and then signed off final order. It's that easy. Don't understand why people struggle with the concept. Caveat emptor - it's been around a few years!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
I think the others have about got it right. If you don't pay for memory seats yours getting £430 for "free" or around that cost. You,lose the steering wheel and what's the power fold mirrors. The S already has that doesn't it ?
So you save £630 in total which isn't too bad so see what you can get but I would say that's the minimum really.

They can easily sell it but do you want to wait again ?. My dealer gets us to check the order very carefully and sign and return it I guess to protect against this and put the onus more with the customer.
Must admit I assumed certain features for granted on the top of range so was surprised on memory features and others. Only just found out about a few I sort of "expected" and didn't look into enough. Too obsessed with colours and still think I chose wrongly !!

Good luck go get your car and do a deal your happy with
They didn't with me, I had to check their rather confusing itemised list which doesn't compare with online configurator & query quite a bit until we agreed it was all there...

Nothing signed & had to make sure they acknowledged there order gave higher price than configurator. Which I had to ask for when revised with final options..

Have they confirmed your build/delivery date yet?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The online configurator is not very clear. I only just realised last week that the £400 option does not seem to include the three memory settings for the mirrors. Yes to power folding mirrors but no the three memory settings, it seems. We have three drivers here and I want the other two in our household to have good visibility. If I don't get the full mirror memory then the other two will drive it with the mirrors set in my position and that's not good.

The electronic steering adjustment is not important to me although I have a slight dislike for the manual knob which looks cheap. But this alone isn't worth the extra £200 for the full memory pack alone.

Anyway, we have gone for the full pack simply to secure the memory mirrors. It is weird as my XC60 has this feature built in on my R-design Lux model. And, while I am about it, what is the rationale of giving us electronic seats but without memory unless we pay extra as an option? Frankly, without memory on the seats I would rather have manual adjustment as those electronic motors take a lot longer to ratchet back than my hand on a lever under the front of a seat!

Anyway, I feel for you. I would take the car but would make them pay for the limited memory pack which is almost useless to you (that would be my line) and so you shouldn't pay for it. And I would also seek compensation for loss of the full feature - the Service Pack certainly springs to mind.

But the glass is still 99% full? You have a lovely car there.

Arianne

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The memory mirrors and auto down in reverse is a pain but was an extra £800!!!! Stuff that!! Any new driver use the joystick to select your mirrors!! And in reverse same again too mirror down. My Evoque had memory seats mirrors and auto dip on reverse but £800 extra is a serious joke!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ It's £615 for the full memory pack on the S trim, compared to £400 approx. for just the memory seats.

Arianne

·
Registered
363 Posts
On my XE (long story) my dealer missed heated windscreen and power fold mirrors. Initially I was going to take the car, minus the cost of the missing extras of course as I had waited 6 months for the car. Then I realised why compromise as it wasn't my mistake and refused the car, the dealer eventually knocked off nearly £4K off the invoice if I took it without those options - and after weighing it up for £4K I could live without those options. If they have to sell your spec they will take some kind of hit on it so you have some aces up your sleeve plus you can 100% reject it if you can prove it was their mistake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer rang me this morning back from his hols and assures me my car will have the memory pack fitted despite what it says on the order form, something about the order form not directly reflecting the build ??! Car still on track for 5th Sept pick up, so will find out then!

Thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
247 Posts
stato said:
Dealer rang me this morning back from his hols and assures me my car will have the memory pack fitted despite what it says on the order form, something about the order form not directly reflecting the build ??! Car still on track for 5th Sept pick up, so will find out then!

Thanks for all the feedback.
Have you selected climate seats? One thing I noticed on the configurator was that it would not allow you to select both. As soon as you select climate seats it de-selects the memory pack, but you can go for memory seats!?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've ordered the cold climate pack but think I still had the option of the memory pack on the configurator.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
stato said:
I've ordered the cold climate pack but think I still had the option of the memory pack on the configurator.
Climate seats different to climate pack items. It's basically cooled and warm seat options. Love air conned seats :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, just thought I would send an update on this topic. Picked up car yesterday and had full memory pack along with all my other options, so was happy, happier still when I saw I was only charged for the memory seats option. Will post pictures on the '66' post once car back from detailer.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Good result. Shame the reverse dipping mirror is completely useless. Only works on the passenger side and moves to a useless preset position meaning you have to manual adjust it anyway. Hopeless compared to the Evoque which allowed both passenger and driver to dip and could be set in any custom dipped position.

Really poor show Jag.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts