Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning to you all
I am a Fpace Forum virgin. so excuse me if this question has already been answered. I have two dogs who reside on the back seat of our current car: Honda CRV. Although I have placed an order for the Fpace RSport I have suddenly thought of a practical problem which I never really resolved with Honda. The question is am I able to deactivate the in car alarm so that the dogs can be securely locked without the alarm being activated by fidgety dogs. Hope someone can help. Mind you as I have already ordered the car its a bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted. Cheers Stephen

·
Registered
16 Posts
Morning Stephen,
This is my first post to and also have a vested interest with your dog/alarm question. I've not seen it posted before.
I have looked through the jag online handbook as we have not got our r sport built or delivered yet and the only reference to the alarm is that the "alarm sensors" can be turned off via the vehicle settings in the instrument panel menu, but sounds like it would need to be done each time as it will revert back each time! It only refers in the menu afaics to the tilt sensor so maybe someone on here with their fp could have a look for us to see if the internal sensor can be turned off in this menu please?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hello! Hmmmm fantastic question.

On the Range Rover cousins (of which I have had 3) you press the lock button to activate the first stage (external locks/alarm only) and then the button again within 2 seconds to activate the deadlocks and internal alarm sensor. I certainly hope Jaguar follows a similar method. I didn't think to check either!

·
Registered
67 Posts
It looks like single locking might be the answer as according to the handbook it does not detect movement within the vehicle, this is activated with double locking. It might be worth trying out with demo vehicle at your dealers .

·
Registered
458 Posts
You are correct. pressing the lock button once locks the doors and activates the perimeter alarm (door and tailgate switches only) in case you wish to leave the car occupied or the windows open. A second press straight away double locks the doors and activates the internal sensors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...i am a new user here. As i checked manual and found that the alarm sensors can be turned off via the vehicle settings in the instrument panel menu, but sounds like it would need to be done each time as it will revert back each time! It only refers in the menu afaics to the tilt sensor so maybe someone on here with their fp could have a look for us to see if the internal sensor can be turned off in this menu please? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Single locking (one press on the key fob) activates just the doors and tailgate sensors. Double locking (two presses on the key fob) activates the internal movement sensor. If, say, you are leaving your dogs in the back of the car for a short time, they will be okay if the car is just single locked.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You are correct. pressing the lock button once locks the doors and activates the perimeter alarm (door and tailgate switches only) in case you wish to leave the car occupied or the windows open. A second press straight away double locks the doors and activates the internal sensors.

Again!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Certainly on MY 18 and before one press locked the car two presses activated the movement sensors. Later cars may be different.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Found this, might be worth trying.

The interior motion sensor is an alarm sensor. The alarm sensors can be enabled and disabled, for one alarm cycle only, via the Vehicle settings menu. See INSTRUMENT PANEL MENU.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.