Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just a note regarding anyone looking to purchase and fit a front facing dash cam with GPS location.

Be aware if it has GPS location you may have problems / issues with it finding and locking onto satellites due to the wires in the heated front screen.
I would advise buying one which has the option of additional external GPS Aerial.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good to know and thanks, we have just added them to our work vans and are considering rolling them out to all the management cars too.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Mick1963 said:
Hi all
Just a note regarding anyone looking to purchase and fit a front facing dash cam with GPS location.

Be aware if it has GPS location you may have problems / issues with it finding and locking onto satellites due to the wires in the heated front screen.
I would advise buying one which has the option of additional external GPS Aerial.
Thanks for this... a bit late for me I'm waiting in for delivery today of my Blackvue kit. I hadn't thought about the GPS issue and heated front screen! :cry:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a Roadangel Gem speed camera locator with GPS in my Discovery and fortunately it worked fine with the heated screen.
It all depends on the GPS chips that have been used in the device.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.