Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just because I wanted to celebrate the arrival of my long-awaited F-Pace even if I do not take ownership until Sept 1 then I have to wait a further 2 days for the paintwork to be ceramic coated :cry:

Dealer intro video to my car https://video.citnow.com/vt0MPv1Lzj8

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Virtually my spec and I think the blue really looks better with the sun on it.... I wasn't sure on my colour choice and have been panicking a little, white and black were too obvious, red is a no go due to football allegiances and I didn't fancy gold or grey. I went against the black pack as I didn't think it suited the blue but really wish they had colour coded the rear valance insert...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Lovely car. DSB looks better without the black pack. Thanks for posting, much appreciated.

Arianne

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jonty1625 said:
Virtually my spec and I think the blue really looks better with the sun on it.... I wasn't sure on my colour choice and have been panicking a little, white and black were too obvious, red is a no go due to football allegiances and I didn't fancy gold or grey. I went against the black pack as I didn't think it suited the blue but really wish they had colour coded the rear valance insert...
Here's my previously scribed opinion on the silver arse for what it's worth...

The ''S' satin silver rear valance is 'Mocca/Quasqai-esque'. Whilst the standard S-spec satin chrome does to me go a little wrong at the rear here's how I intend to live with it....

- Dark Sapphire Blue would lose the black pack against the colour and could look a little too 'Gangsta' for my 41-year old horticulturalist, parent-of-one status
- Having the rear valance alone wrapped in shiny black could make the car look disjointed
- Jaguars to me should be about luxury, class and sophistication blended with an undercurrent of power and aggression. I think the classic Jag DSB colour coupled with the chrome to accentuate the large front air intakes on my car nails it
- The satin chrome elements of the 'S' are Mr Callum's original design, see First Edition - he doesn't get much wrong so, as mentioned by several others, why buy one and then cover-up those elements to make it look like the majority of other F-Paces on the road when in the case of DSB they actually compliment the paint colour (not the case with many of the other colours available - Ammonite, IRR, Rhodium, whites without black pack would not have worked for me)

Typing this was like therapy. Bring on 3rd September!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Arianne said:
Lovely car. DSB looks better without the black pack. Thanks for posting, much appreciated.

Arianne
I agree, and in actual fact, even the rear valance looks good too

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have never heard of a football club being able to influence the choice of colour for a car before so I am glad I was free to choose IRR.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
I have never heard of a football club being able to influence the choice of colour for a car before so I am glad I was free to choose IRR.
Afraid so - no Man United colours in my house. My XE was Bluefire and was a bit gutted they didn't have that colour for the FP but I suppose similar to the FE colour. For a while superstition had me not buying or sitting on anything red which was a challenge! Mellowed a bit in my old age but paying £60k for something in Uniteds colours would be acceptable even though I think it looks great on the FP

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jonty1625 said:
PaulC said:
Just because I wanted to celebrate the arrival of my long-awaited F-Pace even if I do not take ownership until Sept 1 then I have to wait a further 2 days for the paintwork to be ceramic coated :cry:

Dealer intro video to my car https://video.citnow.com/vt0MPv1Lzj8

View attachment 1598

View attachment 1599

View attachment 1600
Who is doing the coating? The dealer or someone else? And what did you opt for... It's on my to do list
Perfect Polish (http://www.perfectpolish.co.uk/) in Shrewsbury, the manager is even coming to the dealer handover to give the car the once over before its delivered to them next week (on trade plates as it still won't be registered until Sept 1). CarPro Cquartz coating. The Gtechniq coating would be an extra £75 and I'm already way over budget. Both coatings offer the same durability and the cquartz (8.5H) is only 0.5H in hardness behind the Gtechniq coating (9H). That, and an interior protection package for the leather and fabrics.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Looks great! As I have said before, darker shades need silver wheels and chrome, lighter colours benefit from black pack and dark wheels, colours in the middle swing it 50:50 to personal choice.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Looks great! As I have said before, darker shades need silver wheels and chrome, lighter colours benefit from black pack and dark wheels, colours in the middle swing it 50:50 to personal choice.
Agreed. I still ponder if silver Helix's would have been the way to go as the grey Turbines do not tie-in quite as well to the silver details as I would like but the extra £400 was a little too much after going from R-Sport to S

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
PaulC said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Agreed. I still ponder if silver Helix's would have been the way to go as the grey Turbines do not tie-in quite as well to the silver details as I would like but the extra £400 was a little too much after going from R-Sport to S
The Jury is out, I like the Dble Helix but the. turbines are definitely not shoddy!! Main issue for me is you stuck with 22", smaller than that and the car loses its kerb appeal for me!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Now you open another can of worms!! I too felt going for the 22" rims that std discs may look tiny, or make the wheels look too large for the brakes.....so I upgraded the brakes too, to the larger ones!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Now you open another can of worms!! I too felt going for the 22" rims that std discs may look tiny, or make the wheels look too large for the brakes.....so I upgraded the brakes too, to the larger ones!
What larger brakes? I didn't see that option?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
F-Pace S said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Don't panic Captain Mainwearing!!! The larger discs were for us with the underpowered cars....... Upgrade to the the big boy discs!!!!! Your 3.0l already had the larger discs !! ;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
F-Pace S said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Don't panic Captain Mainwearing!!! The larger discs were for us with the underpowered cars....... Upgrade to the the big boy discs!!!!! Your 3.0l already had the larger discs !! ;)
Ah I see, I didn't even realise they had different sizes :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You're good to order fella! I wouldn't mind hearing your full spec as you say "and probably more". I went a bit mental on mine if I had my time again I'd probably dump the TV as the stealer told me it was duel view like my Evoque and it switched off screen to driver at 7mph like the Evoque.....it doesn't passenger can only get same view as driver, and it switches off at 1mph!!!! I would trade the TV for memory seats and auto dipping mirrors in reverse, but members are grumbling that auto dip mirror is not functioning correctly either!!! JLR!!! SORT THIS BLOODY MESS OUT!!! It would be nice for one of your Senior Management team to approach us and just say sorry for the inconvenience and delay, and you are working on it...but we hear nothing!! Even my direct communication with you I have not had a sorry, or a please bear with us!!! Very arrogant that we are expected to part with our money for knowingly sub standard materials!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Haha yes, the probably more is because I cannot remember the finer details. I didn't TV as I carry an iPad Pro with work anyway, so can watch it on that. Auto dip mirror I have with my BM and will be sorry to lose it, but the reverse camera will make up for it, and I didn't want to pay £500 for memory to include the dip mirror, JLR need to sort their pricing out!! Let alone it not working properly!

Red with red is a big statement, given I have had grey with black, and grey with oyster my last two cars....but I thought, hell, I like it and I fancy a change, and with no white leather option ( sort it our Jaguar, they do a lovely version in the Evoque and RR!!!)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts