Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Paul, I said our specs were virtually the same! Not sure about on the inside with the extras but glad I went with the DSB now, its a lot better than it looks on the XE or XJ and the standard trim works for me - maybe a little regret I didn't go chrome surrounds but happy with the Turbines.

Told the dealer not to wash it before hand over as it is off for the full Gtechniq treatment in 2 weeks and they simply jet washed it - to my untrained eye the paint looks good, no swirls at all and I am actually liking the silver / grey rear insert in the flesh.

Body panels all aligned, interior all good and everything perfect... almost.

Aluminium scuff plate was missing (on order) and my heated steeering wheel was fitted but doesn't work. Also maybe some issues with the forward sensor or they may be fine and it's just a wierd Jaguar workflow.

Will post up images after the detailing for a comparison.

Need to get a ruler out to do a depth of shine comparison I reckon...

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ICTP is being brilliant tbh - although there are some glaring omissions (am writing this in reception at the dealers!) namely voice control on iPod / plugged in devices and the ability to search by first letter or do a fuzzy search. My sensors seem a little slow to turn on (I am used to Jaguars lethargic response when they work!) when using the forward sensors and the camera views are a little tricky to get my head around, but otherwise decent. I agree with others that the crossover on the bass levels seems wrong but I'll need to play around a bit more. Oh, and my wifi SIM drops signal a lot - even when stationary in a 4g full coverage area (compared to my phone on the same network).

And I am terrified of kerbing the alloys.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
jonty1625 said:
ICTP is being brilliant tbh - although there are some glaring omissions (am writing this in reception at the dealers!) namely voice control on iPod / plugged in devices and the ability to search by first letter or do a fuzzy search. My sensors seem a little slow to turn on (I am used to Jaguars lethargic response when they work!) when using the forward sensors and the camera views are a little tricky to get my head around, but otherwise decent. I agree with others that the crossover on the bass levels seems wrong but I'll need to play around a bit more. Oh, and my wifi SIM drops signal a lot - even when stationary in a 4g full coverage area (compared to my phone on the same network).

Remember the Bass and Treble adjustment are gains where as the subwoofer is a frequency adjustment and has no gain.

Strange I know, would have been so much easier if the screen showed this.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Keep us posted on the solution to SIM drop out. I have that a lot too.

Cheers!
I turned the wifi function off and it was certainly better - my thinking being like a phone it might try to connect to open wifi rather than use its data connection. Wasn't perfect though, tomorrow I a. Going to also try with the hotspot off as let's face it your phone is probably 4g and faster anyway! For me the data sim is really about the services and traffic.

Will update you tomorrow on how that goes!

·
Registered
381 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Stay terrified of kerbing those alloys. A constant state of terrification (new word) may help prevent this...

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread

A fine choice of colour and spec.

If you wake up one morning and notice the above wheel on your car, you'll know me and my wrench found you :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PaulC said:
jonty1625 said:
Stay terrified of kerbing those alloys. A constant state of terrification (new word) may help prevent this...

View attachment 2126

A fine choice of colour and spec.

If you wake up one morning and notice the above wheel on your car, you'll know me and my wrench found you :lol:
Haha - I have a very aggressive guard cat - an 8 year old tabby with sharp claws...

·
Registered
887 Posts
PaulC how did you manage that amount of damage?

Found your original post now - That didn't take long! (Kerbed Turbine)

Jim

·
Registered
381 Posts
Jim said:
PaulC how did you manage that amount of damage?

Found your original post now - That didn't take long! (Kerbed Turbine)

Jim
Multi-storey car park. Thinking more about the corner at the top and ended up kerbing my driver's side front on the corner at the bottom! Slammed the brakes the minute I connected but when I looked at the wheel I was basically stuck on the pavement area and had to do more damage to get free. All this with my 4-year old in the back.

One very well reputed wheel refurb company have said they cannot do a 22" diamond turned. I'm taking the car to another recommended supplier when I can so he can take a good look before he attempts a repair. As for the tyre - it's safe, the tyre wall did it's job and stays on (albeit I'll move it to the back of the car

The width and track of the F-Pace is considerable bigger than an Evoque !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts