Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm struggling to get Traffic Announcements on DAB - is anyone else having the same problem? I think I have all the right boxes ticked, it shows the "TA" symbol, but I only get FM Traffic Announcements (much lower quality). In 3 weeks ownership I haven't heard a single one on DAB - am I missing something?
All help appreciated!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is nobody using this at all? Just need to know if it's working for anybody or not, all input gratefully received.
Thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, yes I am using ICTP. I have checked the link, thank you, it's useful background but doesn't explain it. I've had VWs recently and on them it's simply a case of checking the box and it works; in theory the ICTP is the same, but doesn't work.
It would be good if somebody could confirm what settings are needed and if anyone actually has it working?
Thank you

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Sorry bucksjag don't use DAB traffic reports. Out of interest why wouldn't you use the live traffic updates via 3G since you've invested in the ICTP. They are very accurate. Saved me from a big traffic jam on the A23 on Monday at the last moment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do use the live traffic through ITCP, it works well. I like the TA as well though, especially on longer journeys when you might get news of motorway issues a hundred miles away and can make early decisions. I'm doing 25000 miles a year and need all the help and info I can get!

·
Registered
473 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Sorry bucksjag don't use DAB traffic reports. Out of interest why wouldn't you use the live traffic updates via 3G since you've invested in the ICTP. They are very accurate. Saved me from a big traffic jam on the A23 on Monday at the last moment.
JLR when my ITCP forgets I have a sim (a near daily occurrence ) then I have no predictive sat nav.... but I am sure mine works on DAB, I drive 45 miles to the station listening to Today on bbcR4 on DAB and get the TA's, they switch the updates as I travel west to east from Shropshire, to Staffs, scouseland and Manchester, I have it set up that it will drop to FM if DAB not available but I am pretty sure it's DAB most of the hour long drive and its not only FM I get the TA's. Can't say I have forensically checked it at 6:00 am though.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Gman, glad it's working for you, that gives me confidence it should work. I think you'd notice if it went to FM traffic, the quality drop off is very noticeable (which is why I want to get it working!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.