Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, has anyone else had problems with lack of communication from their dealer.
We test drove an F-Pace on 24th April for a couple of hours. Fell in love with it. Our current car is an Evoque. I emailed dealer on 29th April saying we were very interested in placing an order for one & would be in touch. We were waiting for completion of the sale of our house. I called dealer on 11th May to place our order, was told possible delivery date September /October I was also asked to use online configurater for our chosen spec. Duly did this and emailed it to dealer. Didn't get a reply back, so my partner called & was told they would be in touch. We're still waiting, another email sent 3rd June, still no reply. Don't know if car has been ordered or not

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Where are you based cas2chloe? I experienced the same thing with my nearest two dealers so looked further afield.

In the end I went with Harwoods Croydon. They are very good. Call Tom Boyle. He calls me around once a week since placing my order with updates.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yes that is about the level of customer service to expect. My order has moved from dealers because first lost franchise. No one told me until I started chasing progress. I'd suggest you go or email them and get it in their heads that buying a car is big and they are there to make it as pleasurable as it should be. You can buy hassle anywhere so make that point.

Why is this common across a lot of Jaguar dealers? They need to wake up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Even though I have my Fpace I was always chasing the sales guy . I now have a few issues emailed my salesman twice no reply then rang he has left and his boss has left but you would think somebody would be picking up the emails.
Worst service I have ever had from a car dealer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jaguar have told their dealers to use a no pressure soft selling approach with the new XF, XE and FP. Some dealers obviously take this to mean 'can't be bothered'. That plus the fact they're being inundated with orders to an unprecedented level with the FP and probably struggling to cope.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jaguar Pentland in Perth Scotland. I shouldn't have to chase them. I thought I was the customer. When you're spending nearly 40k,you'd have thought common courtesy would apply. I'll give it a week or so and then email again requesting a reply or I'll cancel order & look elsewhere. Which will cause more delay in getting a car

·
Registered
184 Posts
ASM33 said:
Jaguar have told their dealers to use a no pressure soft selling approach with the new XF, XE and FP. Some dealers obviously take this to mean 'can't be bothered'. That plus the fact they're being inundated with orders to an unprecedented level with the FP and probably struggling to cope.
Oh come on, I seriously doubt they are so inundated with orders that they are swamped and can't get them on the system. Whenever I go to my dealer who, I have to say, I would rank as extremely bad, their sales guys just wander around aimlessly trying to look busy and failing abysmally.

I have never been impressed with any car dealership but needs must etc, but I have to say my experience with my Jaguar dealer has been a revelation, I seriously believe they don't give a s**t.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Where are you based cas2chloe? I experienced the same thing with my nearest two dealers so looked further afield.

In the end I went with Harwoods Croydon. They are very good. Call Tom Boyle. He calls me around once a week since placing my order with updates.
Your kidding. Fair play. I'd possibly even see it as overkill / pestering :)

Good effort.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Lancaster Miltin Keynes are not great either. Don't get me wrong the salesman is a nice enough chap and you would think all this new interest in their brand would radiate excitement and inject some passion, but they all seem to be wandering round like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. The salesmen are either not available, day off, trading and take 3-4 days if you are lucky to respond to emails. When you are spending money on a premium brand at rates North of £50k, is it too much to ask for a little bit of interest in your custom???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.