Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a through read of the forum and the quality advice -guidance I am about to order a 2.0 Portfolio with ICTP plus other upgrades. It's clear that a major part of the purchase is in the dealer - customer service/experience and certainly when things are not right how they respond. I'm from Bedford (uk) and looking for the best dealer feedback, will travel within reason, any help would be appreciated. Finalising spec for delivery hopefully March 17 by then ICTP will be fixed? Thanks Geoff

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Peter Tubbecke, Clelands of Galashiels. Scottish Borders so a long way but...

Excellent customer service (I could go on but I wont, just read my other posts)

I think they will reimburse your flight tickets (probably rail) if you buy from them - just check their web site out.

Just off to see them in 30mins to finalise my order as I received an email to say that the build date is 27 January for a guaranteed 4 March collection!

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
Peter Tubbecke, Clelands of Galashiels. Scottish Borders so a long way but...

Excellent customer service (I could go on but I wont, just read my other posts)

I think they will reimburse your flight tickets (probably rail) if you buy from them - just check their web site out.

Just off to see them in 30mins to finalise my order as I received an email to say that the build date is 27 January for a guaranteed 4 March collection!

Arianne
Don't add any more stuff!! :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've not been impressed by the "everything is too much trouble" attitude from Grange in Welwyn. No comms, courtesy calls regarding build progress, salesman left, errors in spec. Hopefully, they'll redeem themselves and impress me when I pick up the car in a week or two....

·
Registered
441 Posts
From a service and after care prospective I would recommend my Nottingham dealer now Stratstone. Formally H A FOX Inchcape the service department under Tony Mills has not changed since the change of ownership in July of this year and continue to always offer an exemporarly service to customers which I have enjoyed since 2004. Any upgrades and warranty issues have always been offered and discussed on every new Jaguar I have owned and this has always been reassuring.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm not much further north than you, but after being less than impressed with my local dealer I called round a few, mainly to see who could offer shortest lead time. However, the pro-activeness and friendliness of Phil Cox and Michael Mills at Farnell Jaguar in Leeds / Bradford so impressed me that I decided to go with them.

Ok it's a bit of a trek, but it's not the moon and I guess if I get any issues I can go to one of the locals. Of course things could change once they have my money, but I just don't get that feeling from them.

Anyway, they gave me what I thought was an ambitious delivery schedule, but have actually still managed to beat it and they have always responded to my questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting was looking at Welywn as they had some good reviews but will give tick them off the list. Looks like the North has some good ones, will see if there are any in the local region before committing. Had a number of VW and Audi,s before and they are already offering me 10% of the new Q5 as a previous customer. But time for a change, I wonder how long it will be before dealers can start discounting.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Take a look at Sturgess in Leicester. I got my last XF from them. Their customer service was excellent. Take a look at the Jaginfo forum where they take an active part responding to people's queries etc. New car prep and handover was the best I've had from any dealer too - despite paying rock bottom price I still got free brolly, leaper key rings and bottle of wine. Full silk cover reveal on pick up and stripes / leaped logos vacuumed into the pile of the carpets.

Only not used them this time as I live in Bristol and wanted to give my local dealership another try as they have changed ownership.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bonkers said:
I'm not much further north than you, but after being less than impressed with my local dealer I called round a few, mainly to see who could offer shortest lead time. However, the pro-activeness and friendliness of Phil Cox and Michael Mills at Farnell Jaguar in Leeds / Bradford so impressed me that I decided to go with them.
Me too, I'm dealing with Rog in the corporate team and he's been great

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks has anyone had dealing with Lancaster Jaguar @ Milton Keynes? I see there are just building a new 10 million plus building for their new Jaguar site.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi GeoffB, Bought mine from there, collection was 22nd July. Original sales guy left so Lee Dobbs took over. He is nice bloke and will try and do most things for you. I don't feel they have the excitement or passion for the cars that we are feeling as they are dealing with things day to day so it is normalised to them. We are keen to hear each nut bolt screw and wiper blade that is assembled but they themselves are told very little by JLR. Pre collection I'd advised Lee about all the issues I knew that the car was having, so insisted ALL the fixes were done.....suspension, ICTP blah blah otherwise the car would get rejected. So I was assured Car was up to date. As you have possibly read elsewhere mine is now on death row as they have not fixed it. Fault lying with JLR not Lancaster MK. Dealer have done what JLR are telling them but nothing helps. Neil the Service manager been great, apologetic and sympathetic but until JLR work a fix out we are all stuck. So car gets rejected on 22 Oct if it isn't fixed. That's no slur on the dealer though. I'd say overall they are better than average but could do a little more to engage with our excitement.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Carl, you've just summed up exactly why I was feeling a bit underwhelmed with the sales experience. My dealer's done nothing wrong, it's just all been a bit... blah! As you say, it's routine for them and they mostly seem to work long hours, six days a week. I say nothing wrong... they did leave my order sitting in the holding pool until long after the salesman went long term sick. Still, the saleswoman I'm now dealing with has been great, so fingers crossed all will be well up to and including the handover. Then toes crossed as well that the service department are any good!

Maybe if it was customary to tip our sales people like we do waiters, they would engage with our excitement more. Mind you, when I get a waiter like that, I normally wish they'd leave us in peace to enjoy the meal :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Hi GeoffB, Bought mine from there, collection was 22nd July. Original sales guy left so Lee Dobbs took over. He is nice bloke and will try and do most things for you. I don't feel they have the excitement or passion for the cars that we are feeling as they are dealing with things day to day so it is normalised to them. We are keen to hear each nut bolt screw and wiper blade that is assembled but they themselves are told very little by JLR. Pre collection I'd advised Lee about all the issues I knew that the car was having, so insisted ALL the fixes were done.....suspension, ICTP blah blah otherwise the car would get rejected. So I was assured Car was up to date. As you have possibly read elsewhere mine is now on death row as they have not fixed it. Fault lying with JLR not Lancaster MK. Dealer have done what JLR are telling them but nothing helps. Neil the Service manager been great, apologetic and sympathetic but until JLR work a fix out we are all stuck. So car gets rejected on 22 Oct if it isn't fixed. That's no slur on the dealer though. I'd say overall they are better than average but could do a little more to engage with our excitement.
What was the name of your original salesman Carl? Be interested to know if it's the same one I had my original order with.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I will need to check I think it was Wayne, young half cast (can you say that?) mixed race/ or I understand the new acceptable word is 'blended'?? Apologies for any insults or toes I tread on if using wrong words. He left to go back to Uni to study Marine Biology.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Heatha05 said:
I've not been impressed by the "everything is too much trouble" attitude from Grange in Welwyn. No comms, courtesy calls regarding build progress, salesman left, errors in spec. Hopefully, they'll redeem themselves and impress me when I pick up the car in a week or two....
I ordered through Grange in Welwyn in August. The salesman has been pretty good in responding promptly to questions about the spec and build dates etc so good so far. I've never owned a Jaguar before, so can't say anything about after sales yet. Getting my FP in late November, so let us know how it goes once you've got yours, Heatha05.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You would believe that Customer Service would be at the front and the highest priority for each and every Jaguar dealership. Some clearly feel that Jaguar cars sell themselves which might be true for the F Pace at this moment in time. Customers who don,t feel they have been looked after will think twice about going to the same dealership to get their car serviced and I suspect that this aspect would be a good percentage of dealership income, not withstanding that referrals and ensuring customers consider coming back for subsequent cars must be part of their business model. Will check out Milton Keynes, Northampton and Coventry an hour up the road. Thank you all

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
DON'T DO NORTHAMPTON!!! I cancelled my original order with these as the 'business manager' was a complete twat!!! The sales guy was perfect but when the business guy Kye or something like that says 'your order looks like it's lit up like Christmas tree!' I took real offence!!! He cheapened my my choice and experience!! So went Lancaster MK.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Northampton crossed off, don,t think you will ever get a universal opinion of 5* but this forum goes a long way to ensure you can at least stay clear of the 1* dealers. Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts