Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very disappointed and I have lost considerable confidence in the purchase process of my F-Pace which was suppose to be collected on Friday (16/09). I recieved the call on Monday that the order was incorrectly submitted by the dealer onto the JLR system...if this can still happen then what is the point of the configurator!!! They submitted the order with brown seats and roof lining that was black. I ordered black seats and light roof lining. The car was ammonite grey. As a direct consequence of their incompetence, I am now left without a motor vehicle and most importantly the one I had ordered.

They wanted to retrofit the car with the proper interior and roof lining and after seeing the cars that were on tour that were done manually that is not an option and have stated to them that I expect a new factory fitted vehicle as originally ordered. Additionally, I have setout my terms that they are to provide for my use, without any charge, a vehicle of a similar quality to the one ordered, until such time as the new replacement vehicle has been obtained.

Timeline of the events:

1. Deposit of £1,000 paid on January 2016 for the reservation of a build date in August 2016
2. Car built on the 15th August
3. Mercedes sold on the 11th September
4. Notified the specifications were incorrect on the 12th September
5. Due to collect vehicle on the 16th September

Anyone have experience with this kind of issue or know of a dealership with capacity. I am prepared to work with them but their initial offer of a discount falls short of the inconvenience this has caused and has ruined my new car purchase. I consider myself a demographic that they were targeting with this vehicle but this experience has left me to reconsider my loyalty to the brand.

Will see what takes place Friday.

·
Registered
688 Posts
absolutely shocking this is happening on what seems a regular basis.. these dealers should be named and shamed

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I would expect a loan Jaguar car, you might not get an Fpace but you want something suitable, I would then tell them to build a new car, why would you accept a retro fit car unless they offered some serious money off but I think you may struggle to sell the car if the job is not done correctly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So just as a followup on this one. Met with the dealership to discuss the options and the way forward after learning of the mistake. We have agreed a solution which included a rebuild of the correct specifications, price concession, loaner car to replacement arrives and a few extras. While disappointed that I did not collect the car when orignially planned at least the dealer was able to work on a solution and made this matter a high priority one.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Bit shit but good result and hopefully JLR will have buried some gremlins so you won't have to deal with the crap some of us are suffering. :D ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Zane said:
So just as a followup on this one. Met with the dealership to discuss the options and the way forward after learning of the mistake. We have agreed a solution which included a rebuild of the correct specifications, price concession, loaner car to replacement arrives and a few extras. While disappointed that I did not collect the car when orignially planned at least the dealer was able to work on a solution and made this matter a high priority one.
From the sounds of it your get what you wanted eventually but you have found a solution that hopefully your happy with.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have sorted it all out. They have also made concessions and I have a loan car till mine arrives in December.

Jagfpacejk said:
Zane said:
From the sounds of it your get what you wanted eventually but you have found a solution that hopefully your happy with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same happened with my order. Ordered jet seats, but got brogue. Dealer suggested that I pick up the incorrect spec car (which I did) and keep until a new car is built.
Didn't get any additional discount or freebies, but at least I've got to drive the F-Pace.
Also after a long journey I realised I needed lumbar support (something that I've had on my previous cars), so I've managed to add that to my order.

My car should be ready end of October, so I'm guessing the dealer will sell the one I currently drive at a heavily discounted price

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
newcat said:
Same happened with my order. Ordered jet seats, but got brogue. Dealer suggested that I pick up the incorrect spec car (which I did) and keep until a new car is built.
Didn't get any additional discount or freebies, but at least I've got to drive the F-Pace.
Also after a long journey I realised I needed lumbar support (something that I've had on my previous cars), so I've managed to add that to my order.

My car should be ready end of October, so I'm guessing the dealer will sell the one I currently drive at a heavily discounted price
So you are driving an FP you haven't paid for? Not a bad result! Sounds like a good dealer (despite the initial cock up)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe they ran out of black leather and no one at the factory has enough colour sense to realise grey and brown don't really "go". They probably just thought their long suffering customers won't notice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have just found out that my car is due next week.

I sent in my configurator spec on time to them and i have just found to that it is coming without a tow bar. TO which i was asked if that will be a problem!

Well yes unless they can find another way of putting my bikes on the back of the car!

So they have offered to get all the parts and put in on at the dealership, (electrically deployable) but the costs will add £1000 to the vehicle. Would i mind paying the difference?

**** YES I DO!!!!

They are yet to come back to me with anything more, but i have amassed call from hem around 3,30 i shall call them tomorrow and go in to sit down and sort this out.

As a dealership up to this point they have been fantastic. I have driven most variants of the car three or four times, and spent hours messing around in various vehicles and they have never complained. But they never acknowledged my final build but the only thing they got wrong was the tow bar, and i have heard nothing to say its coming.

We have not yet discussed finance, PX values, servicing deals, or any type of paint cover or coating that others seemed to be offered!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
bigfoot said:
I have just found out that my car is due next week.

I sent in my configurator spec on time to them and i have just found to that it is coming without a tow bar. TO which i was asked if that will be a problem!

Well yes unless they can find another way of putting my bikes on the back of the car!

So they have offered to get all the parts and put in on at the dealership, (electrically deployable) but the costs will add £1000 to the vehicle. Would i mind paying the difference?

**** YES I DO!!!!

They are yet to come back to me with anything more, but i have amassed call from hem around 3,30 i shall call them tomorrow and go in to sit down and sort this out.

As a dealership up to this point they have been fantastic. I have driven most variants of the car three or four times, and spent hours messing around in various vehicles and they have never complained. But they never acknowledged my final build but the only thing they got wrong was the tow bar, and i have heard nothing to say its coming.

We have not yet discussed the finance, PX values, servicing deals, or any type of paint cover or coating that others seemed to be offered!
If you had it down on the order form then any costs to put it right should be paid by the dealer, why would you pay for something you asked for?

But as you have not agreed finance and px ect I feel they may just claw it back that way so don't given in to any silly quotes ect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gladly i am not planning in using their finance, and if i need to will sell car to a dealer or we buy any car.

However nothing has been said about the servicing and there isa lot on here about the paint protectors etc, so i will go ni there tomorrow and have an interesting chat.

I may pop by another dealer tomorrow and find out the wait, for a new order, and then just refuse the car. It will then come down to if they want to have the car on their forecourt or sell it there and then.

·
Registered
207 Posts
bigfoot said:
Gladly i am not planning in using their finance, and if i need to will sell car to a dealer or we buy any car.

However nothing has been said about the servicing and there isa lot on here about the paint protectors etc, so i will go ni there tomorrow and have an interesting chat.

I may pop by another dealer tomorrow and find out the wait, for a new order, and then just refuse the car. It will then come down to if they want to have the car on their forecourt or sell it there and then.
Good afternoon Bigfoot,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the comments surrounding your order.

I can confirm that should you require any further assistance from myself after visiting the retailer in question, please do not hesitate to PM me where I will be more than happy to assist where possible.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Amelia,

thank you for your reply, I have today visited the dealership in question, and they have now offered to sell me the car i ordered and will be fitting the missing tow bar at no cost to me. They are picking p the extra cost for me.

I must say this was agreed without any throwing of toys out the pram, or raised voices, simply by reasoning with them, and asking them to see it from my side and the fact that i am no longer looking forward to collecting the car i have been waiting for.

I am happy they have resolved it and await the unveiling in Friday!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Suggest you make sure it will still get the full 3 year warranty that it would have got if it had been fitted correctly in the first place at the factory.

·
Registered
207 Posts
bigfoot said:
Hello Amelia,

thank you for your reply, I have today visited the dealership in question, and they have now offered to sell me the car i ordered and will be fitting the missing tow bar at no cost to me. They are picking p the extra cost for me.

I must say this was agreed without any throwing of toys out the pram, or raised voices, simply by reasoning with them, and asking them to see it from my side and the fact that i am no longer looking forward to collecting the car i have been waiting for.

I am happy they have resolved it and await the unveiling in Friday!
Good morning Bigfoot,

Thank you for your post.

I am pleased to learn that this has been resolved between yourself and the selling retailer, and that you are happy with the outcome.

Please do not hesitate to PM me should you wish to discuss anything further, however I do hope that you thoroughly enjoy the collection of your new Jaguar.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Registered
18 Posts
Similar problem here

Ordered my car in March for late September/early October delivery

I could have had the car in July, but the delayed it in the hope of dodging at least some of the inevitable 'teething problems'.

I went into the dealership in the first week of September just to double check that everything was tickety-boo on JLR's system - don't ask me why but I did

My configurator, the dealership paperwork, their back office admin paperwork, plus their in house 'system' were all in Sync with exactly what I'd ordered, so happy day's you'd think...

...BUT, on inputting the data (manually!#?%) onto the JLR factory system (Factory Order), the dealers head office admin team got it wrong apparently, and they ordered an automatic instead of a manual gearbox.

It was too late to change this by the time it was spotted, so straight back into the holding pool for me with a December build date being the very best JLR could do even as a national dealership network priority order.

The Salesman and the Dealership Principle have been great over this - they have bent over backwards to sort it out, and after three weeks of doing their very best to pull things forward without any success, they came to offering the perhaps inevitable solution which means that I'm in my car - yes its the auto that I hadn't ordered, and no I haven't had to pay the £1,750 extra for it.

Absolutely chuffed with the car, and If I hadn't have changed my mind on the gearbox, the dealership also had a car lined up for me to use (at not inconsiderable expense for them) until my original manual gearbox spec came at Christmas.

What's the point of JLR having a configurator if both the dealership network and JLR follow it up with manual data input not once, but potentially two or three times? - its absolutely bananas these days to have multiple opportunities for human error - as evidenced by the other posts in this string and elsewhere

The most connected car ever - with gaps!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts