Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make and sell Cup Holder Covers for the Jaguar XE and have recently been asked to make the same Covers for the F Pace, if you dislike the open Cup Holders then this is a solution for you.............the cost is £21.45 per set including UK postage, I have sent many abroad so please contact me for a quote
[email protected]
Just returned from holiday........ all enquiries welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
CHC240 said:
I make and sell Cup Holder Covers for the Jaguar XE and have recently been asked to make the same Covers for the F Pace, if you dislike the open Cup Holders then this is a solution for you.............the cost is £21.45 including UK postage, I have sent many abroad so please contact me for a quote
[email protected]
No charge for this next piece of advice! It'll increase your turnover tenfold or more....

It's time for you to enter the US market. Why? If you read the US forum you will discover that the cupholder cover isn't an option for them! Can you believe it? They can't even specify it on their configurator.

Our US cousins must be desperate for you to offer them your solution and, since the US market is potentially huge (albeit that Jaguar is proportionately tiny as a car brand right now in the US) it offers you a great outlet.

Take a hyperlink over to the US forum and start exporting. I presume you're UK based? I wish you well - we need all the exports we can get right now!

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/#jaguar-f-pace-general-discussion

Best wishes.

Arianne

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Arianne just visited the site per your link and now a member, posted on parts and accessories (watch this space) I will let you know the outcome
Just sold a set to the USA via this forum.
Many thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
CHC240 said:
Thanks Arianne just visited the site per your link and now a member, posted on parts and accessories (watch this space) I will let you know the outcome
Just sold a set to the USA via this forum.
Many thanks
Mike
Mike, looks like folk are interested but, if you read their replies, they are asking you for more detail and better quality images. Over to you...

Arianne

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yep, more details please - how do they fix in, how do you get them out, any pics of them out etc? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hey Mike, if you're in need of some nice pics of your covers I'd be happy to offer my photographic services if you send me a set for my manual R-Sport, which couldn't be supplied with the sliding louvre type cup-holder cover because it's not compatible with manual transmission spec cars for some obscure reason!

If you're interested, I've some of my artsie-fartsie interior pics from my F-Pace on a thread here ... http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1359 . . I reckon I could manage some pics of covers too . . . you up for swapsies, some pics for a set? . . if so, PM me

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ I thought your photos were some of the best I have seen. Your offer sounds like a good marketing deal.

Mike, you out there?

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
On Monday I offered to take some photos of the circular covers that Mike Gurd has been making and supplying to Jaguar owners who want to cover their open cup holders.

Unlike our auto-equipped cousins, manual transmission F-Paces cannot spec the OEM louvre style sliding cover, it's not even an option choice from Jag for us manual Luddites! After just a few weeks my cup holder openings are already starting to look a bit 'used', from keys, the occasional mint wrapper, even the remains of some discarded Pistachio shells! . . hmmm, pretty untidy really! . . I'd actually be lucky to get a drinks bottle in there if I even wanted to!

Well, having tried these covers out to set-up for the photos this morning, I think they are a really neat solution. The disks are made from shiny black 8mm thick acrylic, which matches the surrounding trim very pleasingly and they sit snug and flush into the rim and certainly look vastly better than my formerly open-topped mini waste baskets!!

Easy to remove, just flip them out with your forefinger. They have some reasonable weight (about 65g each, or just over 2oz) so they don't seem to move or rattle around when driving with them in place. Thanks for sending 'em Mike!

Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Gadget

Hand Gear shift Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive design Carbon Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

Contact Mike if you're interested in getting your paws on a set; his details are at the start of this thread.

Cheers all,
Cats ^..^

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
My F-Pace has just arrived - 89 delivery miles on the clock and just at the same time these cup inserts also arrived and dare I say, they're great. They sit perfectly in the cup wells and the high gloss finish matchest 99.999% the surround of the car - NO COMPLAINTS - nice job - thanks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
thats a fair number of pre delivery miles? Mine had 6 on the clock on collection

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any chance you can laser etch the leaper logo in them?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts