Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan

I have a very bad creaking noise from the rear of my First Edition that my dealer is unable to resolve. After 5 days in the workshop they are making contact with Jaguar for help.

I have read one other post that gives me some hope of it being resolved.

Is this a common problem ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good question to ask - someone posted something about a batch of springs being sourced elsewhere due to a factory flood in the supply chain... if this is true, does it mean there was an isolated batch of springs and, if so, will we get a reasonable enough answer on how this is being managed by the supply chain guys (rather than the 'see your dealer' response)?

It would be nice to have some transparency on this from JLR if it is indeed a known batch issue or similar.

·
Banned
444 Posts
No way are Jaguar or any other manufacturer going to come clean as to why the suspension issue has arisen, certainly not to discuss their internal parts sourcing problems.

It might be true about the "factory flooding" but I guess we will never know. My main problem at this moment is the instability of the In Control Pro System, or as Jaguar technical refer to it the Infotainment System. It freezes, switches off, the screen goes black. Jaguar do not yet have a fix, their first campaign a software download, made matters worse!

Yesterday I also heard a creaking sound from the rear, I too suspect the suspension.

Not happy.

·
Banned
444 Posts
My vehicle has 20" Alloys, the creaking noise is only slight but nonetheless it is audible and you also feel the it if that makes any sense.

I really don't want my car being experimented on, so I will endure until there is a definite fix.

Presently I am more concerned about my dodgy electronics!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Now I'm kinda glad by delivery is end of September. Hopefully gives them enough time to sort these gremlins.

Sorry for you guys and gals who are going through it.

Fortunately deliveries have started in the US and those guys really don't mess around when it comes to this stuff.

Rather disappointing given all the extensive testing and delays due to reengineering this car has been through.

I had a first edition RRS back in 2006 (the mark 1 RRS) and apart from 12 mpg fuel economy it was faultless. 10 years on you'd hope for better.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Highly unlikely that the suspension system differs between wheel sizes. The overall size of the wheel would be about the same, if not identical? Isn't it just the relative size of the actual rim in relation to the sidewall profile of the tyre that changes?

The bigger wheels mean less shock absorbing from the tyre sidewall (be very grateful we are not running BMW Run Flats here) which might result in somewhat more impact upon the suspension. But, if there's a fault with the shocks then I would anticipate that all F-Pace cars will experience the problem unless it's isolated to a faulty batch of components.

The latter is most likely. How on earth could Jaguar otherwise have completed their test programme and not identified the creaking strut tops issue. I doubt it. So I think it must be a faulty batch or something wrong with the fitting at the factory.

Keep in touch folks. I had something similar in my XC90 and it drove me nuts. But, by then, I had 100k on the clock and it was seven years old!

Arianne

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have 22's, no creaks yet but I've only done 350 miles.

Mine was built 28th April so perhaps it was resolved by then...

·
Registered
922 Posts
I remember when on the factory tour with DAL that in the rework area thier was an FE with a collapsed suspension... However this was at the front left side of the car and not the rear! .... If only they would be honest about any known ongoing or potential issues with the car, then at least we would be aware, if not entirely happy with the situation.
As long as they (Jaguar... Not the dealers... Mine anyway) keep treating customers like mushrooms, :? they will never get my respect or support, but then they are only after our money at the end of the day!!
All I see on here is opportunities for Jaguar to step up and sort out a solution beneficial to all parties.. Like a closer working relationship with forum members.... But as usual... :roll: They would rather appear arrogant and ignorant of our concerns than incompetent over current issues on our vehicles.
Let's hope that nothing is likely to pose a risk.... As this would clearly breach the regulations that even they have to abide by in issuing a recall.
Don't really want to waste any more time on those muppets in charge of this and other points raised here, until I see a change in policy that no longer treat us like a bunch of morons .. :eek: Incapable of thinking for ourselves!! God forbid :shock:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jags cat said:
As long as they (Jaguar... Not the dealers... Mine anyway) keep treating customers like mushrooms, :? they will never get my respect or support, but then they are only after our money at the end of the day!!
Couldn't agree more - unfortunately, I would say the same experience applies with my dealer. I've been with BMW for 9yrs and turning to Jag for the first time and the level of customer service and integrity of the interactions with their customers are a long way apart (not in a good way!). I'm just hoping that my change in car choice won't need me to rely on the customer service as I am smitten with the F Pace :?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

In answer to your question re mileage , it started at 600 miles and go progressively worst. At least it brings back memories of staying at my Grandmothers and sleeping in old bed that creaked.

I will keep you posted on progress. I am now driving a XJR Sport in the meantime. It's rather nice with memory seats :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from Germany,

Really interesting forum here. I read a lot so far, because I am going to order a F-Pace in the near future.

Yesterday I had a test drive on a 3.0d S with 22 Inch rims. The first what I heard as I rolled off the parking lot of the dealer was the creaking what you all describe here. It came definitely from the rear. But I was not 100% sure if it was the suspension or something else.
Today I changed to the 2.0d with 20 Inch rims. No creaking at all. Both cars has been running for more than 1500miles.

Michael

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Catalyst,

Thank you very much for the You Tube link.
It's pretty clear that Jaguar knew there was a problem before they launched the First Edition. I cannot believe non of the reviewers on that day didn't raise the issue with Jaguar as 3 out of the 4 cars had the problem.

Doesn't exactly instil confidence.

Thank you from Germany, looks as though JLR expensive issue to resolve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So far no creaking on my FE, done about 1500 miles, will have to see how it goes over time. Interestingly we did have a similar problem on my wife's RR Evoque after about 8ooo miles. Was diagnosed as a spring problem and fixed under warranty.

My FE's Incontrol Pro has failed to boot up correctly a couple of times, but has always reset ok if I switch off and allow the system to shutdown before re starting. This problem also occurred occasionally on my previous Range Rover Westminster, a different information and media package but very similar fault. Was infrequent enough for me not to consider a major annoyance and a very similar experience to operating a Window's PC! Will have to see if the Incontrol Pro problem is more frequent/more annoying. If its only an occasional fault would rather get on with life and enjoy the good attributes of the car and see if they have a upgrade/fit next time the car is in for maintenance. :|

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just a thought, to those that have the creaking has your F-Pace the adjustable suspension (adaptive dynamics)?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Has anyone OTHER than owners with 22" wheels experienced the creek? On the NA forums (I think) it was reports that it was limited to vehicles with the 22" wheels and was due to inferior springs being created by an out sourced vendor that has now been rectified, and that all you have to do is take it in to your dealer and they will replace your sprints with non-creaking ones.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Russell said:
My vehicle has 20" Alloys, the creaking noise is only slight but nonetheless it is audible and you also feel the it if that makes any sense.

I really don't want my car being experimented on, so I will endure until there is a definite fix.

Presently I am more concerned about my dodgy electronics!

1 - 20 of 188 Posts