Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lucy,

A question was asked of Ryan re: the above, but to date after 29 posts there is no reply from Jaguar CS.

Do you have any information that could enlighten us all.

My particular concern is that my car is probably being built as I write. Could you reassure me that:

a) Jaguar are aware of the problem
b) Jaguar have found a solution, hence...
c) New car builds going forward will not have this problem.

A reply would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Good questions!

Since you posted this enquiry last Friday morning, catalyst, just prior to a Bank Holiday Weekend CS dept shut-down presumably (..and I hope y'all had a good one BTW!), I think we'll have to allow a little more time for an answer, but I would say Lucy's credibility hangs in the balance depending upon how she responds to your a, b, c's . . . hopefully by close of play tomorrow (tuesday), or wednesday at the latest . . . . watching this with interest..

So, Lucy, it's over to you . .

·
Registered
688 Posts
catwoman said:
... but I would say Lucy's credibility hangs in the balance depending upon how she responds to your a, b, c's . . .
That's probably a little excessive I'm my opinion, this is by no means an official Jag forum and they are under no obligation to give any form of reply. But as you would expect from any company in 2016 is to engage with their customers through social media, twitter, Facebook or whatever it might be... But if people want answers from any explicit queries they may have id suggest going to your dealer or jaguar customer relations directly

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'm sure they will in some form when they get round to it and I along with everyone else is keen to know what is going in.

My point merely being if their was an issue of issues which were could impact an order costing circa £50k I'd be making sure I spoke to someone directly and got a reply or reassurance I needed.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You can be sure they are aware but will be quite savvy as regards any reply.
Whilst they monitor all forms of social media, they will be sure to properly consider any reply. The reality is that any response - even just a rehash of the party line is pored over at length and dissected to the n'th degree. The recipients will also read into it as they see fit, and claim any omission as either being intentionally vague (which may well be the case) or evasive, which is also then interpreted as something to hide.
The truth is that they are in a no win situation, because we are in part a baying crowd demanding satisfaction- satisfaction being being told, officially by jaguar- exactly what we want to hear.

What do they say? Say nothing and let people think you have no idea what is going on - or open your mouth and confirm it!!
Lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jinjin said:
catwoman said:
... but I would say Lucy's credibility hangs in the balance depending upon how she responds to your a, b, c's . . .
That's probably a little excessive I'm my opinion, this is by no means an official Jag forum and they are under no obligation to give any form of reply. But as you would expect from any company in 2016 is to engage with their customers through social media, twitter, Facebook or whatever it might be... But if people want answers from any explicit queries they may have id suggest going to your dealer or jaguar customer relations directly
Actually, formerly Ryan and more recently Lucy specifically came on here from Jaguar CS to answer questions.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Well, very sorry for you catalyst, your enquiry is left hanging . . and sorry for all others who are having this problem, it's a great shame! :cry:

It looks like Lucy is maintaining radio silence on this awkward little issue (getting bigger every day!) . . well, there's a surprise!
Like I already stated, it doesn't say much for their Customer Service credibility. Seems they're just 'fair weather friends'!
It'll be interesting to see what they do have to say when they eventually pop their heads back above the parapet. :roll:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't think you will hear this week from anyone at jaguar as they are on a weeks shut down, one of the reasons my collection has been put back a week

·
Registered
245 Posts
My FE is in the workshop today and tomorrow with the same issue. My dealer (HA Fox, Norwich) is very sympathetic and has loaned me a brand new black XE Portfolio. My wife is refusing to drive my creaking FE (result) and would you believe it, has now taken a liking to the XE. She is telling me to leave the FE at the dealership and demand £40k cash + the new XE in exchange as compensation. I don't think so! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
AshleyR said:
My FE is in the workshop today and tomorrow with the same issue. My dealer (HA Fox, Norwich) is very sympathetic and has loaned me a brand new black XE Portfolio. My wife is refusing to drive my creaking FE (result) and would you believe it, has now taken a liking to the XE. She is telling me to leave the FE at the dealership and demand £40k cash + the new XE in exchange as compensation. I don't think so! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So are you expecting it back fixed tomorrow?

If so I am very confused. At least two others are saying Jag doesn't have a fix for this issue.

Which is it?

·
Registered
245 Posts
My understanding is that there is currently 'No Fix'. Watch this space! Also I have the InControl Pro disease, screen occasionally goes black and at the weekend the reverse camera came on (for no reason) during a 50 mile journey, that was a bit more worrying! :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Ok thanks will be checking frequently tomorrow for your update!

I've made it clear to my dealer I don't want the build date locked in until this issue is fully resolved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
AshleyR said:
My understanding is that there is currently 'No Fix'. Watch this space! Also I have the InControl Pro disease, screen occasionally goes black and at the weekend the reverse camera came on (for no reason) during a 50 mile journey, that was a bit more worrying! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Indeed for the creaking Suspension there is "no fix" at the moment.
But for your Problem with the InControlPro there is a fix available -> contact your dealership he should check topix

·
Registered
245 Posts
locobmw said:
AshleyR said:
But for your Problem with the InControlPro there is a fix available -> contact your dealership he should check topix
Contacted the dealer today and there is definitely still no fix for the InControl Pro. Yes, there is a software update for the XJ range but not the F-Pace!

·
Registered
29 Posts
AshleyR said:
locobmw said:
AshleyR said:
Contacted the dealer today and there is definitely still no fix for the InControl Pro. Yes, there is a software update for the XJ range but not the F-Pace!
I had the problem, too. The dealer looked on topix and there was a solution for exactly my problem.
Maybe the german guys are a little bit faster :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good afternoon All,

I am sorry for the delay in responding to yourselves, I have been experiencing difficulties with logging onto this forum, please be assured no discourtesy was intended.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to send me a PM containing the following:

Full name
Email address
Telephone number
VIN
Vehicle registration
Preferred Jaguar retailer

Once I have this information, I can then assist you all individually.

Many thanks,

Lucy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have just spoken to Ryan at JLR 4.15 pm today, THERE IS NO FIX.
He is going to get his colleague James to call me in a weeks time to update me as to the progress as it is with 'Technical' and they are allegedly working on it.

It looks like we are going to have to suffer with our F-Creak for some time yet.

The Porsche Macan is looking better every day....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts