Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been deliberating for sometime on whether to post up my angst with Jaguar Customer Services and my dealership but as I appear to have hit a wall here goes:

The issue relates to the Corrosion on the rear door of my October 2016 Supercharged 3.0litre. I noticed it earlier this summer

My dealership felt it was a warranty claim and asked me to take it to their independent Jaguar approved body shop for inspection.

The body shop duly inspected the Corrosion and reported by email to my dealership. The dealer did not pass this onto Jaguar until I enquired and then they seem to have gone awol.

I contacted Jaguar Customer Services in frustration and they informed me the claim was rejected . I was surprised by this and asked for this to be confirmed in writing. This was not actioned and they did not make any further contact with me. I rang them again even though I had further complained via email as had no response .

I eventually spoke with the Jaguar Customer Adviser appointed to the case who said the rejection stemmed from their warranty engineer reviewing photos the dealer had submitted and concluding it wasn't a body or paint defect

In light of this I contacted the body shop who confirmed their opinion was it was likely to be aluminium Corrosion and forwarded the report to me. The report stated that there was as no sign of exterior impact or damage of any kind and appeared to be under the paint.

The whole affair has been shoddy although the Motor Ombudsman has said I should give Jaguar a chance to rectify before further actions are taken

Am I alone with Corrosion issues ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi,

If you search this forum rear door rust I am sure you will find it.

It would be great if you post some pictures.

I had mine done under warranty since my car was only 8 months old and noticed it.

But I was so mad at all that I wrote a long email to customer support Jaguar since it's not dealer who made this crappy car.

I am still not happy since work done is not at my standard it might be for Jaguar but not for me.

It's a PCP car so I don't want to lose my energy anymore drive it give it back.....simple. I have much better things to do in life.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looked at your thread and mine is the same as yours, and in the same place .

Good to have further ammunition to use ! Cheers

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi,

Glad I could be of any help. Give reference to this and I would say get it done under warranty, Looks like TATA steel is making these doors as most of the car is aluminium, doors are only steel.....
This car sells because it looks fantastic, drives fantastic apart from that rubbish....paint quality, material choice even some basic technology like boot light which don't operate independently with interior lights, if interior lights are ON only then boot light works they should sack that engineer who built this.
If I had few references of the same rust in same place I would have tried rejecting the car as it's manufacturing defect. I bet there would be more cars with same corrosion issue.
Quality control at JLR looks crappy.
Also if they agree then be careful they would do the whole door including rear side till top roof so meaning half car they would try to paint for those small marks. I can see the paint shade patch where it is being joined , so not happy.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All very unsatisfactory by Jaguar but a big thanks for your input

I imagine they will be forced into the repair eventually but does not show Jaguar in a positive light

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well had a final response from Jaguar CRC, who refuse to accept that the blemish is a warranty claim.
This is disappointing as 2 Jaguar approved bodyshops have confirmed it isn't from an external source and Jaguar have only seen photos

The blemish is also in the same place on the same colour of F Pace as others who have had warranty repairs

Have reviewed the warranty conditions and feel a court case looming against Jag unfortunately

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just looked at your pictures. And I noticed while detailing the god damm swirls out of the car mine as a few blemishes on the paint not many and you do have to look hard .
There's a bit of laquar peel
There's a few contaminated bits under the paint
And the drivers rear door as the same as yours but more towards the edge
It's definitely not rust and I'd say the same to yours it looks more like silicone was on the body before spraying and after painting it's had a reaction with the paint
Il be showing all these marks to the dealer next week when it's having it's electric towbar fitted

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally had my Corrosion repaired but bitterly disappointed with Jaguars involvement .

The dealer eventually went 50/50 as a gesture of goodwill and as i would have had to take JLR to a small claims court , it was the path of least resistance.

JLR will not be supplying my next car unless customer services have a change of heart

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well mine was done under warranty the work done is not satisfactory as I can see where they have tried to join the paint and rough lacquer , now I have one more small new spot coming under the paint this time its roof or top frame where door top part ends and car roof frame starts.
I am not doing anything about it as its just painful and rubbish quality never seen such poor quality even in cheap cars I must say.
It's all visible when you are into cleaning and detailing the car yourself. So now I detail my car in dark hahahaha..... So I don't see things and no more heart broken.....

Nice looking car , drives fantastic, quality just rubbish. Maybe it's the price we pay as anything similar sized is way expensive like Porsche Cayenne or even macan those are the only good looking SUVs.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Doors are steel not aluminium. Boot is composite. No corrosion issues but intrigued regarding yours. What does the corrosion look like?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Smitten said:
Doors are steel not aluminium. Boot is composite. No corrosion issues but intrigued regarding yours. What does the corrosion look like?
Yes you are correct. So it's the doors which had problem on mine, now there is something very small white pointed like a tip of needle showing up but on roof side frame just above doors and before roof rails . For doors bit I started a thread "rear door rust" if you would like to have a look all pictures are there for mine. Gentlemen Tex agreed and confirmed his is also at same spot on doors.
I didn't follow or asked body shop if there was real rust under paint when they were repairing or it was just something else.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Wonder if it is contamination during painting process, small airborne particles for example? I had something tiny that resembled a small aluminium tailing buried in the paint on my passenger front door. It was small and went unnoticed for many months and now resprayed anyway due to vandalism so can't send a pic. To me it looked for all the world like something embedded in door paint...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.