Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for all you owners who have shown off your new pride and joy to our continental cousins recently....

Is there an easy way to change your lights for driving on the wrong side of the road?

In particular those with LED lights?

I only ask as currently in France with XKR and been made by gendarme to cut off half my hand, remove back of light & try and find the minute toggle to swap to LHD mode.... :oops:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Good point. I drive over every year and never bother with light changes but rarely drive in dark
Should be easy switch inside but I'm interested to know with these new things

·
Registered
247 Posts
From the owners manual (LED LIGHTS):
HEADLIGHTS - DRIVING ABROAD

The headlight beam pattern is suitable for driving on either side of the road. There is no need for any mechanical adjustment or external decals.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bonkers said:
From the owners manual (LED LIGHTS):

The headlight beam pattern is suitable for driving on either side of the road. There is no need for any mechanical adjustment or external decals.
Do you know if it's the same for the xenon headlights?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Actually, reading it again, it doesn't make a specific reference to the LED lights - so I guess it's the same for all types

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Don't quote me but I thought I'd seen scrolling through the set up menus driving on left or right for headlights???? My old Freelander 1 many years ago had a switch in the back of the headlamp unit, I'd like to think by now we can do this electronically. I haven't noticed the headlight beam being flat, which it is on most motorbikes. Cars still tend to be biased to the kerb.....but I stand to be corrected.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you check through the menus I think it is in driver assistance you can change the lights to left hand drive

·
Registered
143 Posts
Doppleganger said:
If you check through the menus I think it is in driver assistance you can change the lights to left hand drive
Copied from the electronic manual. Don't have mine yet so I can't check the in car menus. :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live over in Germany. LED and Xenon are flat beams and there's no need to make any changes at all.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have adaptive LED's, swore I saw something about left or right hand drive headlights in the menu. If I didn't I blame dodgy ICTP!! :lol: . Seriously if I have made a mistake I do apologise. What I can say is the LED lights are F' ing awesome!!! Had adaptive Bi-Xenons on the last 4 Land Rovers & Range Rover, thought they were good....LED's are another level!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
The problem is there are so many possible configurations, if you have ICTP you have another set of menus to scroll through to alter car settings , I do not know how you access this info if you don't. There are also different levels of lights which might or might not need altering , it needs checking in the manual for your own particular type of lights. With LED and ICTP there is the opportunity to change the lights to left hand drive along with the speedo to Km and the navigation to Km. what happens with other configurations I have not got a clue

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, at least it sounds positive that we may have moved from the stone age & little, inaccessible buttons on the back of the light units!

My 2012 RRS had a menu to change HiBeam assist to LH/RH driving, but the main beam was still manual...

Here's hoping! :D

Still, todays problem is battery failure and no one here seems to know how to get at it. C'est la vie... Bum...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Of course, there is a way to avoid headlight problems altogether....

WP_20160830_17_10_30_Pro.jpg

As the ridiculous French Jag assist turned up with flat-bed for only & zero testing equipment my car is off for a 30mile jaunt to St Tropez without me... :oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts