Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current Porsche Macan owner looking for something a little more stylish, but still practical/sporty etc.

I gather from Jaguar that cars won't be available to drive until April 2016, and I don't want to commit until I've driven one.

Possibility of static demonstrations in December around the UK.

Looking forward to that.

If I proceed, it'll be my first Jag.

·
Administrator
199 Posts
Welcome along!

From speaking to my dealer they seemed open to the idea of you placing a deposit / order subject to test drive. If you didn't like it on test drive you'd get your deposit back.

I think they're banking on the fact they could easily sell it on to someone else.

I see Porsche are now implicated in the VW scandal too, hopefully you'll have none of that bother with Jaguar!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, that's interesting - deposit subject to test drive. Thank you.

However, I'm not in that great a hurry. I've only had my Macan Turbo for 3 months and intend to keep and enjoy it for 18-24 months, so thinking ahead.

But then you have to. If I wanted to refresh my Macan, the lead time is 18 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also considering a petrol version. I am only driving about 10000 miles a year so to me the petrol engine makes sense. However like all others I am waiting for a decent viewing in the "metal" and a test drive before I commit to buying one.
Can't wait until the new year when they arrive in the dealerships

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I've seen the car, I've decided against placing an order. Purely on fit and finish and general feeling sitting in the car, I like my current car (Porsche Macan Turbo) better. A shame, because the F-Pace is very very good, but I had hoped for just a little bit more.

I know it was the Frankfurt show car, and so not indicative of what a customer car will be, exactly, but time is running out on my option to get another Macan, so I'll be doing that.

In a couple of years, the petrol S will be out and tested and maybe even a MY refresh, so I'll take a look again. Maybe even a R version!

I'll be hanging around in this forum though as I'm keen to see the experiences of those that do buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.