Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got my build date, it's the 8th July, with dealer on the 29th, I of course had to ring to find out ;)

Need to start planning detailing and as per Catwoman's thread get my playlist sorted for inaugural drive through the Welsh hills

I have a dinner party on the 30th, apparently the guests are bringing a trilby and a sheepskin coat as I have become the honorary "Arfur" for the duration of my Jaaaaag ownership, I have been told it will lead me to forget my wallet and eyeing up the barmaid whilst my good lady pays for the drinks...... I think they are implying I will become a bit of cad through my esteemed choice of vehicle.... :lol: :mrgreen:

I think it's because I sent them the Merc advert YouTube clip from yesterday thread and three of the couples are Stuttgart shod and consequently are seeking revenge :roll:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Progress! I wonder if I'm due a call / need to make a call today as we're at the same dealership?

Presumably that would make me Terry though?

·
Registered
381 Posts
By the way. Perfect Polish have asked me to ensure the dealer do not do any vehicle prep to the bodywork and the car ideally delivered straight to them.

Hatfields won't be able to deliver off the trailer to them as there's various things they need to do including software, PDI etc presumably so I'm likely to drive my be-stickered car off the forecourt straight to Battlefield them collect from them 2-days later

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
PaulC said:
Progress! I wonder if I'm due a call / need to make a call today as we're at the same dealership?

Only if you drive a Capri!

So I had a voice message from my dealer this morning (unprompted) apologising for not calling yesterday as he's said he would in his email of last Friday with an update, but to say that he should have my build date confirmed by the end of the day, and he would call me back later.

Seems like shopping around and going further afield paid off!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
The Gman said:
I have just got my build date, it's the 8th July, with dealer on the 29th, I of course had to ring to find out ;)
:
8th July very close .. are you happy to go into build without a confirmed fix for the squeaky back end?
I am I still think the squeaky back end is the alternative spring supplier issue...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PaulC said:

Paul, I would call fortunately it's my salesmanship day off on a Friday so I could talk to the sales manage and get a sensible answer.

Noted on the comments from perfect polish they apparently had to rectify quite a few scratching issues on a new XE due to over zealous use of circular polisher at the dealership so I to will take to them untouched to detail.

Hopefully you will get good news on your delivery date....

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The Gman said:
JLRnumber5 said:
The Gman said:
:
8th July very close .. are you happy to go into build without a confirmed fix for the squeaky back end?
I am I still think the squeaky back end is the alternative spring supplier issue...
I would ask your dealer for a catagoric statement to that effect in writing!

·
Registered
247 Posts
PaulC said:
By the way. Perfect Polish have asked me to ensure the dealer do not do any vehicle prep to the bodywork and the car ideally delivered straight to them.

Are they ALL Polish or are some of them Rumanian / Lithuanian?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.