Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan
I have been lurking in the background and would like a bit of advice.
After finally getting to test drive today, which was brilliant , I managed to get to question the dealer about the state of my order. He showed me the order on his system which was sitting in hold and the order date of 13/11/15. I was told that they were waiting for Jaguar to give them a build slot. From reading earlier posts from yourself I thought it was the dealers responsibility to move an order into build so I am wondering if I am being strung a line.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I can help a little...

- Each dealer has an annual allocation of F PACE build slots for 2016 (and I assume 2017)
- If your dealer has allocation left for this year it's Jaguar who will provide them with a build slot related to when your deposit was placed and specification (i.e. availability of components etc)
- Once the car is built (build only takes 1-2 days) it's moves within a few days to a dealer holding compound which is when your dealer has to call it off for delivery to them for PDI etc

HA Fox Nottm (Tony Urben I deal with) as an example had two free slots left for 2016 when I picked my car up last week.

So, for me, it's a mix of IF your dealer has allocation and IF they can try and expedite your build slot with Jaguar (the latter unlikely but a good dealer will at least try).

One thing for sure we know from this forum is that all dealers are not created equal :cry:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ryan
An additional question in to my previous one, the dealer stated that the build slots were by issued by blocks of type I.e. 3.0 Ltr or 2.0ltr etc could you confirm if this correct or do they just get told you have so many slots put what you like in them.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts