Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after nearly 6mths with the car I now have a buring smell when driving, mainly pulling away, overtaking; generally rapid acceleration.

Coupling that is the condition of the leather seats, should I merely accept it's a natural material and understand it'll crease, or what I would say severely crease (in the case of the FPACE First Ed), in any case I will bring it all up with the local dealer (not where I purchased it from) and push for it to be resolved. Saying that though, I recently attend their service dept to adjust the slightest misalignment of the bonnet (actually picked up in a photo I took of the car) to be told I 'best live with it' or they can push JLR to take it back into the workshop but would mean an unknown amount of time to resolve, if at all it can be done. I actually took it blase, as it wasn't something that concerned me until I saw the photo, and even then it was slightly out, what has miffed me more is the leather, I simply cannot accept that, it begs to be posed, how much does one need to spend to get top notch quality across the board, as the JLR brand tout on themselves.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Burning smell - you need to get that looked into ASAP.

The Leather - I think it's known issue on First Editions, they should be at least open to discussions (I don't know your millage) but even then 6months doesn't seem long.

The Bonnet panel - They can adjust, and should adjust.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My drivers seat leather has been replaced under warranty

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes I'm getting all my seats changed as well. Do you have pictures as I've seen all sorts.
See what dealer says they may take photos, email Jag and get authorisation.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I have the first edition also and do not have a seat issue, would be interested to see some pictures if possible.

·
Registered
142 Posts
After 25 days and 800 miles that was the condition of my drivers seat. Took it into the dealers 3 or 4 weeks later to complain, they took photos to send off to JLR. 6/7 weeks later and I have heard nothing. Been too busy to chase it up.... but I will.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I honestly see that like your wife's wrinkles....quite endearing!! My car car pre reject had done over 5,000 miles and was possibly en-par with your pick. I found that rightly or wrongly acceptable. That said I will keep an eye on my Rangers leather. I have noticed the Ranger experience more stress as the seating is soooo much higher!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ruski said:
After 25 days and 800 miles that was the condition of my drivers seat. Took it into the dealers 3 or 4 weeks later to complain, they took photos to send off to JLR. 6/7 weeks later and I have heard nothing. Been too busy to chase it up.... but I will.
Mt RR Evoque had a wrinkly drivers seat and they replaced it after around 6 months no questions asked - quick and easy.
Was a common problem with the Evoque but everyone I know on the forum had theirs sorted without a fuss.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all, and thanks for the responses, very much appreciated.

I'm taking it all up with the dealer and will feedback results.

As for Russell's comment, I agree creasing is aacceptable and is hand in hand with leather products, but I stop and take account and raise a concern at sagging.

A new creak I found is on full lock (clockwise), feels and sounds like something's catching, or at least the suspension making a noise under the manoeuvre, anyone else had anything similar?

·
Registered
441 Posts
FP761 said:
Well after nearly 6mths with the car I now have a buring smell when driving, mainly pulling away, overtaking; generally rapid acceleration.

Coupling that is the condition of the leather seats, should I merely accept it's a natural material and understand it'll crease, or what I would say severely crease (in the case of the FPACE First Ed), in any case I will bring it all up with the local dealer (not where I purchased it from) and push for it to be resolved. Saying that though, I recently attend their service dept to adjust the slightest misalignment of the bonnet (actually picked up in a photo I took of the car) to be told I 'best live with it' or they can push JLR to take it back into the workshop but would mean an unknown amount of time to resolve, if at all it can be done. I actually took it blase, as it wasn't something that concerned me until I saw the photo, and even then it was slightly out, what has miffed me more is the leather, I simply cannot accept that, it begs to be posed, how much does one need to spend to get top notch quality across the board, as the JLR brand tout on themselves.
The attitude of your dealer stinks and I would report it to Jaguar CRC and name and shame them here too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
FP761 said:
Hi all, and thanks for the responses, very much appreciated.

I'm taking it all up with the dealer and will feedback results.

As for Russell's comment, I agree creasing is aacceptable and is hand in hand with leather products, but I stop and take account and raise a concern at sagging.

A new creak I found is on full lock (clockwise), feels and sounds like something's catching, or at least the suspension making a noise under the manoeuvre, anyone else had anything similar?
Yes I have the same regarding the creak when on full lock. Feels like something catching or knocking and the car seems to jump a bit or at least feels like it does. However yet to inform the dealer so can't give an answer on that, as I have just been too busy to take it in. Once I do I will update the forum unless someone beats me to it.

Regarding the leather it seems to me that the foam is not sufficiently supportive as after 25 days it shouldn't look like that. The dealer tried to explain by saying that modern leather on the seats is paper thin compared to what it was a few years ago.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ruski, thanks for the feedback, glad I'm not going mad.

I'm off to the dealer tomorrow and will see what they say, and how soon I can get the car booked in for a look see.

I'm not sure to start a new post or to continue this one under the apt heading 'concern', this time is regarding the AEB, I had a warning 'AEB deactivated', I hadn't done anything to make it happen, which is to say I didn't turn it off via the settings nor had I fiddled with anything else before the warning appeared, hence to say I figured it would reset with engine on-off-on, however that was 2 days ago, and this evening I had a near miss and the AEB didn't activate, so I attempted a near miss, parking behind the wife's car (pegging it and leaving it to he last sec before applying the brake coming to rest mm's off the bumper) and still no AEB activation, I figure it hasn't reset since engine on-off-on or not in use. Nor do I get a display to say it is activated/deactivated when I manually turn it off-on via the menu settings (then again I'm not even sure if there should be a warning when it's activated/deactivated manually, can anyone check for me?)

Any ideas guys? Anyone had anything similar to me? It was raining today (limited viewing scope) but as this is a safety feature you'd expect it to work in whatever weather, right...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
FP761 said:
Ruski, thanks for the feedback, glad I'm not going mad.

I'm off to the dealer tomorrow and will see what they say, and how soon I can get the car booked in for a look see.

I'm not sure to start a new post or to continue this one under the apt heading 'concern', this time is regarding the AEB, I had a warning 'AEB deactivated', I hadn't done anything to make it happen, which is to say I didn't turn it off via the settings nor had I fiddled with anything else before the warning appeared, hence to say I figured it would reset with engine on-off-on, however that was 2 days ago, and this evening I had a near miss and the AEB didn't activate, so I attempted a near miss, parking behind the wife's car (pegging it and leaving it to he last sec before applying the brake coming to rest mm's off the bumper) and still no AEB activation, I figure it hasn't reset since engine on-off-on or not in use. Nor do I get a display to say it is activated/deactivated when I manually turn it off-on via the menu settings (then again I'm not even sure if there should be a warning when it's activated/deactivated manually, can anyone check for me?)

Any ideas guys? Anyone had anything similar to me? It was raining today (limited viewing scope) but as this is a safety feature you'd expect it to work in whatever weather, right...
My dealer told me that they had an XE with this issue, they narrowed it down to 6 cars made together from a factory batch and all were recalled when the first owner had the issue, and replaced the windscreen and sensor which is in the rear view mirror housing, no issues since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts