1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Colour for me was the trickiest and I'm still not 100% convinced.

That storm grey is nice - I've got an XF in a dark grey (looks nearly black) and it looks good but I like this colour on the Fpace. Due to having a grey already and the extra cost I've almost gone with default metallic black.
Green I like the idea of but it just needed a bit extra - BRG is traditional I know but just needs lifting a little somehow.

Can't have white, red or that horrible gold colour.
Blue is ok so really had it down to ultimate black, green or that storm grey.

Black is on the order form right now and probably won't be changed now,

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Good link, thanks for providing.

Storm Grey would be my first choice, if money were no object, but I would really like to see how much better it looks compared to the Ammonite considering the extra cost involved. I'm actually hovering between the two extremes of either the Ebony black, which I also really like and comes at no additional cost, or the Storm Grey if I can self-justify stretching to it. I think the reality is I'd rather spend my budget on other options.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
The caesium blue in the link ...looks nothing like the caesium blue in the flesh...this might be the case for other colours :shock:

Compare these two photos
View attachment 93
View attachment 87

In the flesh looked better than the photos :D
Photos give you an idea of colour but might be different in day light etc :|

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
My dealer said Ebony black shows every mark, scratch and scuff as its so flat.

Might be worth checking out some XEs at your local dealer in that colour..

catwoman said:
Good link, thanks for providing.

Storm Grey would be my first choice, if money were no object, but I would really like to see how much better it looks compared to the Ammonite considering the extra cost involved. I'm actually hovering between the two extremes of either the Ebony black, which I also really like and comes at no additional cost, or the Storm Grey if I can self-justify stretching to it. I think the reality is I'd rather spend my budget on other options.

·
Registered
922 Posts
My dealer was very patient, (more so than the wife after a couple of hours in the forecourt / showroom) :( dealer moved around 4 cars to be closer together for comparison... In the end I was still torn ammonite and rodium, now I don't need to go into the ins and outs of who won this argument, ( be quiet DAL) but we are having ammonite grey with black pack! Colour is an important choice especially to bear in mind if you are thinking of going for the pack too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had a bit of a search for F-pace through Twitter last night and found quite a few of the silver, white and red that I hadn't seen before. They look a LOT better than they do on the configurator - especially the silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I rather prefer the dark sapphire.

Tire Car Vehicle Grille Wheel

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel Car

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Perhaps an idea; when you choose gloss blackline pack it will look better on a gray i think

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bonkers said:
I had a bit of a search for F-pace through Twitter last night and found quite a few of the silver, white and red that I hadn't seen before. They look a LOT better than they do on the configurator - especially the silver.
I have sat in that exact vehicle, it is doing the rounds of the dealers. It's the one I mentioned on another post that doesn't allow the memory functions to control the wing mirror or steering wheel adjustment. the rep didn't know if that was going to be the same post production.

What exactly does the black pack entail, its not very clear.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Aldo said:
Bonkers said:
I have sat in that exact vehicle, it is doing the rounds of the dealers. It's the one I mentioned on another post that doesn't allow the memory functions to control the wing mirror or steering wheel adjustment. the rep didn't know if that was going to be the same post production.

It's listed in the options on the configurator, but basically the front and rear valances change from silver to black along with the side power vents and grill surround

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bonkers said:
Aldo said:
Bonkers said:

It's listed in the options on the configurator, but basically the front and rear valances change from silver to black along with the side power vents and grill surround
I've noticed you have spec'd a heated steering wheel, I've never used one of these, are they good?

·
Registered
381 Posts
View attachment 87 Works for me anyway.

Debated the Black Pack for a long time on this spec. I'm the end......meah

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts