Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after todays test drive i'm even more confused on colour ... it was black or white but today i saw an ammonite one in the flesh. Now I am very tempted to go ammonite.

2.0d R-Sport Auto - what do you folks think? Which makes you go wow!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ammonite is a fab colour, and it was my other option to IRR...however my last three cars have been Ammonite and so fancied a change

·
Registered
688 Posts
what wheels you thinking?

just based on colour I'd go black, Ammonite, white

·
Registered
688 Posts
if Ammonite looked like this all the time then i know what I'd choose :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Ditto! That was the first pic I saw of the car and made my decision on Ammonite until I saw it under grey British skies. Still a lovely colour but needs sunshine to show it off properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I originally ordered black and then changed to ammonite so guess which colour I would recommend. I collect mine on Thursday so will post some pictures and let you know.

·
Registered
688 Posts
its what sold me on storm grey, black pack and those wheels

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Amonite is good, for me storm grey but that's much darker and can be mistaken for almost black.

Of course I've gone black and it does look fantastic and has a great sparkle in the sun.
Ammonite was a little too light for me but in pictures looks fantastic as you see above.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Of the three colours you have placed before us....

Ammonite looks best, especially with the smaller wheels you have on the configurator image.

Black is not great IMHO. A nightmare to keep clean. 24hrs after washing it you will be looking down the line of the huge bonnet and see a film of dust rather than the paint. And finally, it will show every swirl from washing abrasion after a while.

White - the wheels are too small which is emphasised by white because of the colour contrast between tyre wall and the gaps in the wheelarch.

There you go! Have a nice day.

Arianne

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going for the standard R-sport wheels which for me work great with the ammonite. I also think the website doesnt do Ammonite justice - it looks much better in the flesh then the pics on the configurator show.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am not a white car person at all but, after a process of elimination, settled on Glacier White and, now that I have it in the flesh, I frickin love it - it seems to change shades very subtly with the differences in the ambient light and always (to me) looks stunning. It has also had so many compliments (more than I have ever known before). Even today, a grizzly ol' day, it still seems to look great which I'm not sure the dark colours do (subjective, I know). Hope it helps with the big decision!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do quite like the red calipers - how much are they

·
Registered
688 Posts
the cost of an S.. or a tin of paint :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I thought about painting mine but decided the colours pulled your eye from the quality of the wheels!!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
When first saw the cx17 I wanted the blue and when I found out it was only going to be on the first edition I had to have it, if it was going to be a colour of choice it would not have been 100 percent the first edition spec.

If I was to choose a second colour hands down it would be the white on black, just makes the Fpace look stunning.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
First edition blue is a wicked colour!!! That's my favourite!! But I couldn't justify the cost for the lack of spec! So I ordered mine FULLY loaded. I know options drop like a stone but I will use them, so I will appreciate their value whilst using them!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts