Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right along with the constant re-jig of the options I have a dilemma over the colour to go for:

Ultimate Black - with red and black leather interior

Vs

Ammonite Grey - with black leather interior

Any help greatly appreciated! :roll:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think you're going for the S in which case I would go with the black leather interior over the black/ red.

The black/ red combination looks good on the R-Sport as it's red leather inserts in the seat but in the S the red leather is on the outside of the seats and for me at least a little too much, especially with a 4-year old to filth it.

In terms of the paint colour choice - I was disappointed when seeing Ammonite in the flesh on a standard murky British day. That said, I'm done with black having had one for the last four years so am going for Dark Sapphire Blue. So, of the two choices above I'd go Ammonite

I like the contrast of the standard silver details of the design (particularly the rear trim exclusive to the S/ FE) so am avoiding the look and expense of the black pack.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I was originally going for the Ammonite but after seeing it on an XE in the dealer's forecourt I just felt it wasn't exciting enough for me so I've now switched to Glacier White.

·
Registered
39 Posts
luminated said:
I was originally going for the Ammonite but after seeing it on an XE in the dealer's forecourt I just felt it wasn't exciting enough for me so I've now switched to Glacier White.
How mad is that? i wasn't sure about Ammonite but popped into a dealer a saw an XF clad in it, thought it looked lovely and it made up my mind. I love the Glacier White but having had white cars for a few years I need a change... less washing as well i hope :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
buttons129 said:
luminated said:
How mad is that? i wasn't sure about Ammonite but popped into a dealer a saw an XF clad in it, thought it looked lovely and it made up my mind. I love the Glacier White but having had white cars for a few years I need a change... less washing as well i hope :)
It sure is mad as I'm coming from a Corris Grey RRSport to white and you are doing the opposite.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Always loved the look of the RRS sport in Corris. Test drove one recently and to be honest i was a bit disappointed, thought it would be fantastic for a long drive down to Austria for skiing but as a daily drive it just felt a bit dull. Have had mainly big engined Audis for the last few years so brand change is a bit nervy. Really looking forward to the F-Pace though, think it fits the bill on many fronts. Hope it lives up to the hype. How did you find the RRS?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I came out of a Porsche Cayenne Diesel into my first RRSport (new shape) and my thoughts of those first few days was similar to yours but as time went on you start to realise that though it can't quite match the crisp turn-in of the Cayenne it actually destroy it in every other way. The ride is in an other league, in comparison it's silent at motorway speeds and IMO it's got a superior driving position.

It's the first car I've ever repeat purchased which is saying something but having had a previous model XF and loved it when the F-Pace was announced I just knew I had to try it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had the the new Range Rover sport as well as the predecessor and also the previous full fat Range Rover vogue and to be honest the new sport was the best of the lot, although I know what you're saying about the engaging drive, I only kept the car for a year and did very minimal mileage, it was saved for more cruising drives over distances and when I needed 7 seats as that was the big plus for me, chucking the kids in the back!!

Looks like I need to experience the cayenne based on the comment above, however I've never been taken with its looks it's always put me off. Maybe I need to get over it, I must say it is starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Slim_sane said:
Looks like I need to experience the cayenne based on the comment above, however I've never been taken with its looks it's always put me off. Maybe I need to get over it, I must say it is starting to grow on me.
The Cayenne was an odd creature, I couldn't get a setting on it's air suspension that worked for every eventuality like I do with the RRSport. In sport it was too firm for the poor back roads I generally travel on whilst the comfort worked better but was too floaty and it's composure completely fell apart on this setting if you decided to lower the ride height and if you did the same in sport mode it was most unpleasant. Don't get me wrong on a smooth surface it was superb but in Northern Ireland smooth surfaces are seldom available on motorways never mind back roads. LOL

BTW I chipped my Cayenne from it's stock 245hp to a dyno quoted 306hp and it was a rocketship so I'm hoping that the similarly powered F-Pace S3.0d will be equally as quick.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I had my first new shape Feb'14 and replaced it with the same Feb'15, the only reason I'm moving from it is because the F-Pace is from JLR and its chassis developed by the very same man.

Residuals on the new RRSport is incredible, better than Cayenne and light years better than the X5, Q7 or ML.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well I didn't find the residuals to be that good I paid £72k for my HSE Dynamic and 8-9 months later with 1400 miles was offered 60k liked the car but never felt like driving it for the sake of driving also what I hate about Land Rover is you order the car wait 6-8 months then as you collect they release an update so your new car is out of date they always seem to do this twice a year bloody annoying.

·
Registered
27 Posts
craig999 said:
well I didn't find the residuals to be that good I paid £72k for my HSE Dynamic and 8-9 months later with 1400 miles was offered 60k liked the car but never felt like driving it for the sake of driving also what I hate about Land Rover is you order the car wait 6-8 months then as you collect they release an update so your new car is out of date they always seem to do this twice a year bloody annoying.
Jaguar do the same. My F-Type wasn't a year old and it was one of the first cars made when Jaguar decided to update the infotainment system, add new colours and change some spec. I realise every model year is slightly different but some changes were quite major for a brand new model.

·
Registered
948 Posts
craig999 said:
I'm a bit luckier than yourself as due to disability I get the VAT off so I changed for ZERO in 1 year's driving and 11500 miles. In fact that's not quite right as I actually specced up the new car to the tune of £2k more.

From my experience of changing yearly BMW are by far the most expensive followed by Audi.

·
Registered
154 Posts
craig999 said:
If you take into consideration the dealer is going to add another 10%-15% on top at retail it would only be £3-£6k off new price on the forecourt.

For a year old car at the value of a RRS that's not bad you would have seen much better residual value if you had kept it for 24-36 months as a percentage. You will lose the 1st yr depreciation just by driving it off the forecourt.

All manufactures these days have two model changes per year. In the UK this is normally during the Easter holiday where this year it will be my16.5 and last September (after summer holidays) it would have been my16.

The F-Pace I believe is being released as a MY17 car so the next update which will probably be fixes from customer comments/complaint will be in the MY17.5 cars built from April 2017

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok think I'm now set on the following:

F-Pace S 3.0 V6 Supercharged Petrol
Ammonite Grey
22" Helix Alloys
LED Headlights
Fixed Panoramic
Privacy Glass
Cold Climate Pack
Black Pack
Gesture Tailgate

Now final decision is black leather vs red/black leather. I've never been a fan of red leather but when I saw it on the F-Pace in Frankfurt it didn't look half bad, but that was on a R-Sport version where its black outer parts with red inserts which is flipped in the S version which might be too much as per an earlier comment. However all black is getting a bit same olde, standard in all cars, choices choices.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts