Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and hope to be ordering FP 3.0D (S) shortly. Have been following forum for a few weeks and curious to know why no one admits to ordering Odyssey Red! Is it that offensive?!!
Also curious why you cannot order a FP 3.0D Portfolio in the UK (only available on continent) - wonder if it will it be available in UK anytime soon?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have ideally liked to have ordered a 3.0 D Portfolio not r sport. I understand that it's not available in the UK (mainland europe only) but just wondered why. Got any views on Odyssey ?!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have just ordered an odyssey red for the wife, I actually like it as well. Bored of white, silver, grey and black! Been there, done that.

Now the fun bit.....the dealer wanted a preliminary spec from us 3 months ago to get us "build" slot, like he was doing me a favour, and I've just chased to confirm my spec as I've not heard a sickie from them and low and behold the prelim spec car, in the "wrong colour" and options will be delivered next week????

I've hear nothing since I paid my deposit, I chase to see what's happening and the wrong bloody car is being delivered!

Anyway, have advised what he can do with the "wrong car" and get me the one I want!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

There be a shiny new silver portfolio at Grange Brentwood in the next couple of weeks if anyone is interested? Lol

Honestly, I give up with car dealers, this should be fun, sadly, it just ain't!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Colour is all down to personal taste and where your at and what colour cars you've had in past.

For me I've seen the Reds and don't like them that much but in the sun they don't look bad just not my sort of colour.
White is a lovely deep colour but I don't like that either and hate how the line breaks look as they stand out and ruin the car for me.
I've had silvers before so was t keen though saw one and they look pretty good. Storm grey / black for me are the ones but others love the Reds and whites.

Blue is ok but that gold thing I really not keen on. Not sure there will be many.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Daddy999 said:
I have just ordered an odyssey red for the wife, I actually like it as well. Bored of white, silver, grey and black! Been there, done that.

Now the fun bit.....the dealer wanted a preliminary spec from us 3 months ago to get us "build" slot, like he was doing me a favour, and I've just chased to confirm my spec as I've not heard a sickie from them and low and behold the prelim spec car, in the "wrong colour" and options will be delivered next week????

I've hear nothing since I paid my deposit, I chase to see what's happening and the wrong bloody car is being delivered!

Anyway, have advised what he can do with the "wrong car" and get me the one I want!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

There be a shiny new silver portfolio at Grange Brentwood in the next couple of weeks if anyone is interested? Lol

Honestly, I give up with car dealers, this should be fun, sadly, it just ain't!!
You'd hardly believe it would you - how the hell do,these companies get along so well.
You barely talk about an order and it's turning up - I ordered and chased again and again and been given all sorts of part information but now have 100% confirmation and it's bloody Septemner despite having a firm slot since just after the books opened.
I don't think I will ever order a new car again especially from jag. When they work best is when the car is there in their showroom and you can just rock up, do a deal and get your car

I know I'm just sounding a miserable git but last few weeks have just done it for me. If the wrong spec turns up in September it won't be pleasant

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
To be fair that does look pretty good :)
How easy to change my mind
Next I'll be liking the gold lol

Still wouldn't buy a red or white car but doesn't look bad does it

·
Registered
381 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
View attachment 52

If I was going for a red I would choose IRR. It looks fantastic.
It does look great. Or at least it did for about 20 seconds then my 41-year old realist, self kicked-in and made me question whether red and full-on shiny black pack and black wheels was really me when I'm more Radio 2 than Radio 1 these days. Damn you age :roll:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've seen most of the popular colours and I like the IRR, but know it will lose attraction after a few months. I also know that it is very boring and silver is on the decline but the Rhodium Silver, for me, looks fantastic in the flesh, it shows the lines off well. The next issue is persuading the CEO indoors that the Black 22" looks good with it; that will be a negotiation that may require the intervention of ACAS!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
PaulC said:
JLRnumber5 said:
View attachment 52

If I was going for a red I would choose IRR. It looks fantastic.
It does look great. Or at least it did for about 20 seconds then my 41-year old realist, self kicked-in and made me question whether red and full-on shiny black pack and black wheels was really me when I'm more Radio 2 than Radio 1 these days. Damn you age :roll:
Speak for yourself. I'm 5 years off 50 and looking forward to my mid life crisis when I shall be trading the FP in for an F Type!

·
Registered
54 Posts
3.0d S in Odyssey Red with black pack ordered in April. Delivery in ???

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm sticking with the Odyssey red, who knows, it could be cool or fool?? As for the dealers, argh! The salesman actually said he didn't like the odyssey red and why don't I want the silver he ordered on my behalf? I advised it was my 50 grand, I don't want a bloody silver car, and if a pink with purple spots is what I want your job is to get it!! I'm getting the hump with this process now! When I want a car salesmanship opinion, I will give it too him!!!!!!!!My first ever new car and I am now fed up, cheers jaguar.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Daddy999 said:
I'm sticking with the Odyssey red, who knows, it could be cool or fool?? As for the dealers, argh! The salesman actually said he didn't like the odyssey red and why don't I want the silver he ordered on my behalf? I advised it was my 50 grand, I don't want a bloody silver car, and if a pink with purple spots is what I want your job is to get it!! I'm getting the hump with this process now! When I want a car salesmanship opinion, I will give it too him!!!!!!!!My first ever new car and I am now fed up, cheers jaguar.
I initially ordered at Northampton and the "Business Development Manager" -Kye (cocky little shit) said mine was "lit up like Christmas tree" with the amount of options. His snooty tone backfired as I was of your same opinion Daddy999!! My money I'll do what I like, so I reminded him his business was based on having customers so I cancelled and ordered at Lancaster Milton Keynes instead!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Saw my first F-Pace on the road today, quite near Hardwoods in Croydon.. Had a personalised plate on it.. KAL something IIRC.. If it begins to anytime on this forum?!

The caesium blue looks amazing.. After months of the missus saying how she wasn't a fan of the colour in the show rooms, when I pointed out the F-Pace to her she said "why didn't you go for that colour".. Go figure :roll:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The trouble is you try to be nice, then some so called sales executive twat in a cheap suit insults your intelligence, tries to mug you off and then they are shocked when you don't accept it? The dealer has until Monday to tell me what I want to hear or it will be money back and I'm off to buy a Porsche......and a bright bloody red one at that!! Apart from all that, I think all the f pace colours are nice........

·
Registered
184 Posts
My rep gave me a PX price (4000) which was below any of the estimates I had obtained. When I showed him my figures (the lowest of which was £4200 - it's only a small car) he said "well we're pretty close" I said well lets agree on £4200 then, and he said "I'm happy with what I've offered"!

My car is now in, so I went to pay for it today. I said to my rep in a jaunty mate to mate kind of a way " the bank can arrange a CHAPS payment on a Saturday can't they? (funnily enough, not something I do on a regular basis), and his response was: " we need cleared funds before we can release the car" - I don't think we'll be having a pint together. :D :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jaguar should be monitoring these dealers, their attitude, quality of service and General mannerisms towards its customers? My experience of 2 dealers has not been an enjoyable one so far and Jaguar manufacturering and dealer network should be mindful Tata clearly don't care about making people redundant if things head south!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts