Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the factory holdup, my F-Pace arrived at the dealer yesterday. My saleswoman kindly asked the workshop to speed up the PDI given the earlier delays so should be picking it up this afternoon. Very excited :D Booked in at the detailer next week so will try and post a pic or two after that.

Time to hand back my XE loaner and relinquish my temporary ammo club membership! It's been fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jagfpacejk.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Got any pics yet ;) Wish you luck with it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I do but don't have time to post just now so I'll do a thread next week in the gallery after she's back from the detailer with paint coatings on. Currently unpolished and still got some of the transport stickers on at the detailer's request.

Very smooth handover. Still had some time to kill at the end before the complimentary insurance kicked in so decided to test a CD. Yep, you've guessed it - fail. Not only would it not play, but the car refused to hand it back when I pressed eject :roll: . The service manager took it straight back in the workshop to reset the ICTP and it was fine after that all the way home. Until later that evening, when the problem recurred! Maybe she just doesn't like Bond soundtracks ;) . Thanks to the forum this came as no surprise, so I'm reasonably chilled about it just now. Mainly use the iPod for music and that's working fine ...so far :) .

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey bobcat. Out of interest what did your dealer say during the "cd held to ransom" episode. Did they 'fess up about ICTP issues or try the "we've never seen that happen before" routine on you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi JLRnumber5. They did 'fess up that there were issues. The service manager did seem a bit surprised as he said mine had the latest software on it (forgot to ask if that is the infamous Patch 2). He said to call him direct if I have any more trouble (I think he's the resident expert). But yeah, they were quite open about there being issues, all be it with the positive "Jaguar are working on it" line. They've invited me back for a cuppa so they can see the car post detailing, so I'll discuss the recurrence then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts