Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We collected our new F-Pace today, very sad to depart with the RR Evoque so hoping the FP will serve us as well as RRE did.

Had a very nice handover from our dealer, quite quick as well.

Initial thoughts on the drive back home, having only test drove the 2.0d Automatic and we ordered a manual, I felt the gear stick change a bit "springy". I can see me getting mixed up with first and reverse gears as the reverse gear can be engaged without too much pressure. Road noise from the tyres seem to be a bit noiser than the RRE.

I'll further update when I get to drive it more. Here's a couple of pics from today.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looking great, love the RRE too, nice swap

·
Registered
168 Posts
P3UAL said:
We collected our new F-Pace today, very sad to depart with the RR Evoque so hoping the FP will serve us as well as RRE did.

Had a very nice handover from our dealer, quite quick as well.

Initial thoughts on the drive back home, having only test drove the 2.0d Automatic and we ordered a manual, I felt the gear stick change a bit "springy". I can see me getting mixed up with first and reverse gears as the reverse gear can be engaged without too much pressure. Road noise from the tyres seem to be a bit noiser than the RRE.

I'll further update when I get to drive it more. Here's a couple of pics from today.

View attachment 1200
View attachment 1201
View attachment 1202
Loving the colour - I also have gone for the Sapphire Blue but went the Auto as a lazy bugger :)

Hoping to have mine handed over next week :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Had a wee RRE loan car once whilst my RRS was in getting a service, crackling machine.... very responsive on part throttle with its 9sp auto.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered mine from there too. How were they at keeping you updated? Did they give you a fair price for the Evoque (assuming you part-exd it)? I haven't got as far as discussing the trade-in yet - bit worried they may be offer a low value given the demand for the F-Pace.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Russell said:
Love to hear if you have any issues with the In Control Touch Pro, mine like many have proved to be a nightmare
Love to hear you DON'T have any issues with ICTP!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
HS60 said:
Had mine for 3 weeks, covered over 1600 miles, no suspension creaks and the ICTP still working well!
All in all a great car.
Great to hear, good that some are coming from PDI with all ok :D :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
big jon said:
HS60 said:
Had mine for 3 weeks, covered over 1600 miles, no suspension creaks and the ICTP still working well!
All in all a great car.
Great to hear, good that some are coming from PDI with all ok :D :D
Mine too, perfect and running like a dream.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
And another beauty, congratulations Paul, it looks really smart . . I'm pleased to see someone else with 'sensible' taste in choice of wheels and manual transmission (...same as me, but still waiting for mine! :cry: )

Be very interested to hear more about how it handles and responds when you've had time to get to know each other better :p
(...was your Evoque a manual too? - mine is, so I'm keen to know how they compare)

·
Registered
26 Posts
P3UAL

I'm intrigued.

Photos suggest you were able to retain your number plate P3 UAL on your RRE at handover/pick-up FP. Is this so??

My dealer is saying I need to get my T6 OMT registration removed to DVLA Retention Certificate (at a cost of £80) and pass this certificate to them ahead of my FP delivery in September.

Would appreciate your feedback in this regard.

MikeyT

·
Registered
948 Posts
MikeyT said:
P3UAL

I'm intrigued.

Photos suggest you were able to retain your number plate P3 UAL on your RRE at handover/pick-up FP. Is this so??

My dealer is saying I need to get my T6 OMT registration removed to DVLA Retention Certificate (at a cost of £80) and pass this certificate to them ahead of my FP delivery in September.

MikeyT
If you put your personal Reg on a retention certificate prior to collection meaning you have said piece of paper at time of collection then it can go straight on to your new car. I forgot to do that with mine soon enough so at time of collection they give me a new number and I changed it online when the retention certificate came through the post.

·
Registered
492 Posts
When you put your number on retention it takes a few days for certificate to be delivered by post, but you are allocated an age related plate for old car, this is generally the old number and has to be put on immediately, so for 3 or 4 days you have to drive round with this number on or drive illegally with your personal plate.

The retention is done online and takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Russell said:
Love to hear if you have any issues with the In Control Touch Pro, mine like many have proved to be a nightmare
I didn't upgrad to ICTP, but not had any issues with ICT so far. Although I noticed when I connect to audio using Bluetooth and try to use the browse function, my front right parking sensor started to beep but there was no obstacle there! I'll see if it still happens again on another day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
luminated said:
MikeyT said:
P3UAL

I'm intrigued.

MikeyT
If you put your personal Reg on a retention certificate prior to collection meaning you have said piece of paper at time of collection then it can go straight on to your new car. I forgot to do that with mine soon enough so at time of collection they give me a new number and I changed it online when the retention certificate came through the post.

Yeah, it's exactly how big jon states. The dealer put my plate on retention online for me - online and it's instant, I just paid the £80. They then registered the F-Pace with my cherished plate, got tax etc sorted so the car was plated and ready to drive away legally. So technically I was driving my RRE with the "wrong" plate for a couple of days, but I believe you have some unofficial grace period to change your plates or in our instance, part of process of getting a new car! I just need to hand in the new v5 to the dealer for the RRE when I get it through the post.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
big jon said:
When you put your number on retention it takes a few days for certificate to be delivered by post, but you are allocated an age related plate for old car, this is generally the old number and has to be put on immediately, so for 3 or 4 days you have to drive round with this number on or drive illegally with your personal plate.

The retention is done online and takes a few minutes.
I did mine today and you don't have to do it immediately, the DVLA document says "as soon as possible". My RRE was first registered with a private plate, so I have been given a new date related plate. I can't put that on immediately because I need to get plates made. These are on 3 day delivery. So I just keep the DVLA documents with me in case I am stopped by the Rozzers. The digital certificate to get plates made lasts 4 days by which time you should have received your new V5.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bobcat said:
Ordered mine from there too. How were they at keeping you updated? Did they give you a fair price for the Evoque (assuming you part-exd it)? I haven't got as far as discussing the trade-in yet - bit worried they may be offer a low value given the demand for the F-Pace.
Sounds like you're in the same position I was in, hadn't discuss trade in until last 2 weeks. They were good at keeping us updated, we had been moved up the build list a few times, asumming people pulled out and they were ahead of schedule. Originally was delivey date around Oct - what we asked for, then agreed to be moved to Sept, then got a date for July which we took again! They we're pretty decent with the trade in price although when you get it in front of you, no price they come up with will meet what you want for it :cool:. We went and got a price before hand from a 2nd hand luxury car dealer to see how much they would buy the RRE for and they offered a lower amount than what Jaguar was offering as their trade in value.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
My dealer offered £27,500 for my RRE, dealer retail was £34k, I marketed at £32,495, chap been to see it today (bearing in mind picking mine up Friday!! So agreed £30,500 for quick sale!! £3k more than dealer offered!!! Can't be sniffed at!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts