Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, today was a bit chilly (only -4 Deg C) cold for "down south!". Used the remote start to warm up and de-ice the car. Got in and it was still locked... gear dial did not rise when unlocking the car as its supposed to. This is first time I tried this post 2.5 upgrade, anyone else got this? Is this a new ICTPro issue? Will see if it repeats tomorrow.

·
Registered
612 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Ok, today was a bit chilly (only -4 Deg C) cold for "down south!". Used the remote start to warm up and de-ice the car. Got in and it was still locked... gear dial did not rise when unlocking the car as its supposed to. This is first time I tried this post 2.5 upgrade, anyone else got this? Is this a new ICTPro issue? Will see if it repeats tomorrow.
Was it warm and defrosted?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes when you unlock after remote start up I just press brake pedal and gear dial raises, dash and screen light up.

Alternatively if I lift tailgate without opening drivers door first car switches off. I presume this is for security.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
big jon said:
Yes when you unlock after remote start up I just press brake pedal and gear dial raises, dash and screen light up.

Alternatively if I lift tailgate without opening drivers door first car switches off. I presume this is for security.
Yes mine does this too

·
Registered
688 Posts
i've got the same I think on most cases but I'm sure I've had times when I've opened the boot and the car remains running. Maybe one of the doors had been opened prior

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha, I may not have had foot on brake pedal... cool (actually damn cold) I'll try this tomorrow! Its mostly user error in my case!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes did this once or twice myself. First thing to do open car press the pedal then go and open other doors boot etc while waving car running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes the hardships we have to endure (especially up here in the heelans)if our remote starts do not work for whatever reason meaning that we have to drive for 10 mins. with wee cold tootsies.
But even more primitive we cannot remotely switch on the heated seats so we have to endure other wee cold bits also.
Whilst enjoying the facility and the safety issue of rapidly clear windscreen, the world may think that this is all anathema to the strides made in eco more environmentally friendly motoring.
Some of the world may think that we are a bit spoiled and have nothing better to do than make posts about remote starting
p.s please to say I have had no bother whatsoever with f pace or dealer.
Happy heating! :

1 - 11 of 11 Posts