Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as per the title it probably is.

If you close your car or lock it but a window is left open what do you do ?
Easy I thought try locking or double locking from fob - nothing.
In control Remote App. Great I can lock or open the car and even start it. It tells me a window is open - can I click on it and close window ? No

Have I missed something obvious or is only way to go back to car turn it on and close Windows.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You can use the key fob to global close all open windows/sunroof. Just hold down the lock button for a few seconds.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh ok cheers guys.
You'd think the app could do it as well. It can lock the car and tells you windows are open so I thought naturally you can close.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Ahh ok cheers guys.
You'd think the app could do it as well. It can lock the car and tells you windows are open so I thought naturally you can close.
It's a safety issue. The app's inability to close the windows stem from the possible liability of closing them while, let's say, someone pokes their head into your FP, sneaking a peek into the open window for a closer look while no one is around. The key fob allows you to close the windows because you have to be close enough to the vehicle and would be able to visually check if it's safe to close them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can I share an experience I had windows on my X5 (yes I know this is a FPace forum)
Parked up one winters night in Scotland, gales and rain. Came out in the morning to find all 4 windows partially open and car flooded
Took it to garage as I thought there was a fault in the system, NO it is a feature of the key fob. Apparently it is that you can approach the car and open all windows to cool the car down before you enter. Danger is when you lock up the car and the key fob gets inadvertently activated in you pocket, the garage demonstrated it to me. Have you ever heard anything so stupid. One reason why I am buying an FPace and not another X%

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Ron 1302 said:
Can I share an experience I had windows on my X5 (yes I know this is a FPace forum)
Parked up one winters night in Scotland, gales and rain. Came out in the morning to find all 4 windows partially open and car flooded
Took it to garage as I thought there was a fault in the system, NO it is a feature of the key fob. Apparently it is that you can approach the car and open all windows to cool the car down before you enter. Danger is when you lock up the car and the key fob gets inadvertently activated in you pocket, the garage demonstrated it to me. Have you ever heard anything so stupid. One reason why I am buying an FPace and not another X%
Same will happen on the Fpace, if you accidently have your open button pressed and your in reach of the signal between where you are and the car it will unlock the car and open all four windows.

If you do not want this to happen as mentioned above you can turn this feature off in the settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Jagfpacejk I certainly will. Warning to others if you don't want to find your car flooded or even worse broken into then I suggest you disable this NOW.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I think it's a great feature and use it regularly and in 7+ years of owning JLR product with this feature I have never once accidentally activated it. You have to keep the button pressed for 3 seconds, and the resistance on the button is significant. I don't see how you could do it accidentally.

·
Registered
453 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I think it's a great feature and use it regularly and in 7+ years of owning JLR product with this feature I have never once accidentally activated it. You have to keep the button pressed for 3 seconds, and the resistance on the button is significant. I don't see how you could do it accidentally.
Snap me too ive never had an issue with any JLR vehicles ive had and they all had same feature.

·
Registered
688 Posts
had this in my previous VW's and again never been an issue in the last 12 years through different models. you'd be very unlucky if this did happen to you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts