Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My local dealer is Hatfield Hull and they have two F-Paces, a white diesel S and black R-Sport both with black packs.

The S is up for £62k and has black helix alloys.

As you can see they're Matt black with black gloss inserts...

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh dear, does that model need bigger discs!

They look like they have been stolen from the Nissan Micra parts bin... :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
They have red calipers so I believe they will be the larger discs...maybe next year there will be an option for bin lid size covers? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
I suppose it could just be the head-on perspective of the photo, but those discs look so pathetically insignificant behind those giant rims and the red callipers just draw attention to how 'wrong' that combination looks, for me; it's almost funny! :lol:

Glad my personal preference is for something a little less extreme, I'm going to be purr-fectly happy with my 20" five-spoke rims in silver with a little more tyre wall rubber on display and I know I'll be thankful for that when I have to negotiate the appallingly rutted roads around my patch!

·
Registered
453 Posts
catwoman said:
I suppose it could just be the head-on perspective of the photo, but those discs look so pathetically insignificant behind those giant rims and the red callipers just draw attention to how 'wrong' that combination looks, for me; it's almost funny! :lol:

Glad my personal preference is for something a little less extreme, I'm going to be purr-fectly happy with my 20" five-spoke rims in silver with a little more tyre wall rubber on display and I know I'll be thankful for that when I have to negotiate the appallingly rutted roads around my patch!
Cant agree more, think the uprated discs and callipers would look right on 20" rims the red does stand out and like you say looks a little undersized.... im sure they have enough stopping power in them tho

·
Registered
381 Posts
mb8388 said:
The red brake callipers do look small but the 22" wheels fill the arches very nicely I think :)
The S has larger 350mm front brake disks than the R Sport etc. Admittedly, they do not have the red callipers to highlight the issue but just how small are the front disks on those going to look against 22" rims?!

I'm starting to think my choice of diamond turned Turbines as opposed to shiny black with more open space in the wheel may be a good one to cover the weeny disk and red calliper combo!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PaulC said:
mb8388 said:
The red brake callipers do look small but the 22" wheels fill the arches very nicely I think :)
The S has larger 350mm front brake disks than the R Sport etc. Admittedly, they do not have the red callipers to highlight the issue but just how small are the front disks on those going to look against 22" rims?!

Presumably the pic of the white S above was the rear disk? If not, I'm starting to think my choice of diamond turned Turbines as opposed to shiny black with more open space in the wheel may be a good one to hide the weeny disk and red calliper combo!
No, it was the front nearside wheel. The rear brake discs look even smaller!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Almost any disc will look small behind a 22" rim.

It ain't as bad as this though

or this

·
Registered
302 Posts
The wait for our cars must be making people go mad as we are now discussing the size of brake discs!

Whatever size wheel we all go for is down to our personal preferences. We will all be impacted by ride quality, looks, resale value (desirability) and grin factor depending on what we choose. Seriously, at no point will anyone go beyond the wheel and look at discs/callipers!

For me, my 22" black helix wheels and tyres will look very nice against the white car, and I am sure that the ride will be better than what I had when I put 22's on my disco 3 (and I had no problem with this combo)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts