Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

New to this forum and to JLR. I'm a little confused in the current ordering process.

I've recently put down a deposit for an F-Pace. I was told this was a refundable deposit to put my name on the waiting list until they could provide a firmer date. The dealer also said I did not have to fix my spec until a build slot was confirmed as it would need to be locked down at that point.

I've seen a few posts of people ordering their cars in the last few weeks and getting confirmed orders? Maybe i'm interpreting it wrong but I just wanted to make sure i'm not kept waiting longer than needed!

my take on this is that its\

holding pool -> allocated a build slot -> lock down spec -> get confirmed date -> get car?

have i missed something in the process?

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
In an ideal situation you would simply place your order (to the spec you want) in to the holding pool and then it will be slotted.

The risk of putting an order in to the holding pool and then changing when you get a date it is that the date can move ie:

You decide to add 'Pack A', but 'Pack A' is on limited supply...this would cause your slot to go back. The slot is a build slot for the specification chosen not a guarantee and is liable to change depending on what you change.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So sounds like you haven't actually got the order on the system then ? The way I understand it we place our orders with dealer but until they load up on the Jag system then Jaguar know nothing about it ?
Once the dealer has a slot available they load up the spec and you get a PDF and vista order number. You then give that the OK and it's on the system. jag now have this in their system and maybe have a delivery and build date on there with a last order date. Up until this point you can modify but yes it may drop the delivery date. I did this recently and on the fly it updated and the date was the same.
I would say have a good look and get your spec sorted asap - doesn't. Hurt.
If the dealer is saying they will lock down once they have a slot then he's right it will make no difference if your not even loaded up on the order system ?

That's how i understand it but don't know day to day workings but learning a fair bit over last few months

·
Registered
492 Posts
I ordered mine last week and picked my options, on the order form it had order number on bottom of second page and estimated delivery dat of 6th Dec

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all

No I don't thibk my order is on the system yet as they're waiting on their allocation of next build slots (or something along the lines of). I did get a call from the dealer a few days ago saying they might have more slot options available as jag have moved to 7 days a week production. He wanted my finalised spec which I've sent him. I'll see what comes of that

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jonec02 said:
Join the club & my spec has not changed since Nov15, this is now beginning to take the shine off.
Your not alone. Plenty getting cars but plenty with a 9-10 months wait.
I really thought I'd have it by May June based on the info and expected production but wasn't so lucky despite the early order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.