Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Hi All I am a new member and soon to be a first time jag driver, next week everything should be finalised for the build, delivery early November. My spec is a Portfolio 2.0ltr AWD with a few goodies thrown in, Light Oyster Windsor leather & headlining, exterior colour Odyssey Red.
Picked the colour from the samples at the dealership now I suddenly have doubts , Sapphire Blue, Italian Racing Red or Odyssey Red?
I have to let Richard the long suffering salesman know pronto has anyone received delivery of an f-pace in Odyssey and been disappointed or delighted?
Also thinking of getting Jag's own insurance is it any good?
Thanks GG

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi Grumpy,

This three are very different. Not seen an FPace in Odyssey, seen several XF's. IRR is bright and Sapphire much more conservative. To help you, are you speccing black pack? How big are wheels? These all make a difference to the colour.

For example, couple of Sapphires on here with black pack, looks fabulously subtle, also there is one with the non black pack, so chrome window surrounds and that looks great too. IRR looks lovely with or without black pack, personally I prefer silver wheels, but all personal.

For me, I have gone for IRR for less subtle approach this time, with black pack to lose chrome, but 22" silver wheels to keep them bright.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
There is an Odessey red in the town I work from and mine and his look poles apart. His is full chrome ( no black plack) 19" STD wheels and it looks like an ole mans car. Great if you are an old man but it didn't look inspiring. This is no so much the colour but the wheels......they are what change the cars appearance/ image!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Stolen from the US forum.....

·
Registered
688 Posts
Is there a colour this car actually looks bad in?!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Nice pics, showing the contrast perfectly. IRR is red, quite a bright red, while Odyssey is really what used to be called Maroon . . I once had a maroon Jeep Grand Cherokee . . well, we all make mistakes, my taste (and budget) has improved over the years (but what a 'dog' of a car that was, fair to say I much prefer the cat!) :cool:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
My GOD!!! That doesn't even look like the same car I saw in Odyssey!!! As we said wheels and black packs

·
Registered
247 Posts
...and bright sunshine. Some colours do look great in any lighting, but Odyssey? Like Catwoman says, I've seen it on a dull day (and let's face, we're not short of those in the UK), and it looks like muddy maroon

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes that US odyssey Lokks nothing like the one I saw - bright sun, gloss was finish and camera maybe ?
I really was t that keen on the odyssey looked very .... Run of the mill. IRR looks better and I think with black pack is nice but red not for me so maybe not best to judge
I'm regretting not going with storm grey - left it and got locked in with black so there's a lesson.
Make sure your 100% happy

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
On a sunny day or under bright lights, I really think the odyssey wins hands down, with the gold flecks really showing through. It is a colour that needs regular cleaning to work on dull days. The IRR looks good in all lights. FWIW I think the IRR is more "in your face" showy, and the odyssey more sophisticated (and the same for black vs silver) so depends what suits you and what look you are aiming for really.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow! After seeing this I am beginning to regret having IRR.. I tried to order Odyssey Red on my last Sportbrake in March 2015 but the colour had been dropped and I had to settle with dark sapphire which never really pleased me. If I had seen this picture in April when I placed my F Pace order Odyssey would have won hands down!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hang on folks. Be very careful with odyssey red.

That photo is from the US in bright sunshine. I spotted it on the US website too. This is Britain and ORed needs the sun to bring out the best, otherwise the fleck doesn't pop and it is a flat, boring colour. I too have seen OR in real life and, as previously said, it needs frequent cleaning otherwise it makes it even worse.

Today I was speaking to my dealer fellow for about 30mins and we chatted about colours. This guy knows 100% how to specify his stock cars so that they look their very best since he then has to sell them after a couple of months. ORed is not the colour for British F-Pace cars. It needs light - either bright sunshine or LEDs. Just like BRG In which the fleck only emerges when it's in the right light.

IRR is the right red for the F-Pace. Like others, I strongly believe that the F-Pace needs to be carefully configured if it is to look stunning. In the wrong specification and colour it will only reach out to an older (and I mean mental outlook and not birth certificate age) driver.

To conclude, that picture is not representative.

Arianne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everybody thanks for all comments and the photos, I have gone for the chrome trim and silver wheels so perhaps OR in this climate will be a questionable choice. I think I picked the colour because it reminded me of the colour of the flag the man was holding when he walked in front of me when I was first driving.
Thanks again for all your help.
GG

·
Registered
192 Posts
We all will have our own opinions (would be pretty dull on here if not). Remember it is your car, not mine or any other forum members, and therefore there is only one opinion that truly matters.........your wifes!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
grumpygrandad said:
Hi everybody thanks for all comments and the photos, I have gone for the chrome trim and silver wheels so perhaps OR in this climate will be a questionable choice. I think I picked the colour because it reminded me of the colour of the flag the man was holding when he walked in front of me when I was first driving.
Thanks again for all your help.
GG
So, what did you decide? Odyssey, chrome trim and silver wheels? What size?
Look forward to pics or arrival
Enjoy it
Piers

·
Registered
51 Posts
I took delivery of my IRR Portfolio on 7th June and have so far had 2700 problem free miles. Saw my first F-Pace today in sunny Scotland. It was Odyssey Red and looked very dull despite the good weather. The colour just doesn't suit the vehicle IMHO. It looked nothing like the photo on the US site.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Many moons ago I ordered an Esprit V8 in Italy (where I was working)...

I loved the colour Azure Blue which looked fab in UK but when seeing it in Italy it looked weak and too bright so I ordered a darker, dual metallic called Nautilus Blue...

Car was delivered, looked fab.

Then I drove it home. Thereafter only one day in the next two years did I not think 'bugger'.

Not just sunny days, but the quality of light makes a big difference.

Check your preferred colours in sun, but mainly for UK owners, overcast dull days... That's what it will look like 85% of the time.....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Those showroom small sample tiles are never going to show the true full impact on a car. If you truly want to see what it is like I would urge anybody to try and see any Jag in that colour, ideally an FPace, but also consider the chrome or black backs, wheel size and colour as these all have a significant effect on the car. I know it sounds daft but my R-Sport badge on the front grille gives that little bit of distraction, like the S-Badge does. I was puzzled why the R-Sport had the decal in the side grilles too as the S model looks a tad bland without.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts