Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Chilled glovebox

12K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Jacksoag 
#1 ·
Is there anyway to see if this is actually working/enabled? My wife's VW has option to enable/disable it but I couldn't see anything like that in the Jag. Nothing major but its part of the practicality pack (this and the "luggage net" are chocolate tea pots really), I have never noticed that anything I removed from it was "chilled". Not really a big worry as there isn't much room left once the handbook is in it anyway, just one of life's little worries :)!

#3 ·
I'll check. By the way did you even look at how to use the luggage net. I just put mine under the board with other bits like cleaning kit, AA kit etc,

#4 ·
The manual shows a dial in the centre top of the glovebox but it's not there.
Have a look on underside top right - small plastic dial to turn,

#6 ·
Mbadger77 said:
I'll check. By the way did you even look at how to use the luggage net. I just put mine under the board with other bits like cleaning kit, AA kit etc,
You talking about the mesh one that locks into the headliner hooks and seats?? Yeh hahahaha mines under the floor with rain coats brolleys, inflator kits warning triangle etc etc :lol:

#8 ·
I took the net thingy out of the bag and decided that was its only excursion from the bag, its now safely in the spare wheel well , ready for the next owner to do the same :) .

I shall investigate if there is a dial/knob in the top of the glove box, I looked in the online manual but there didn't seem to be an entry for chilled glove box - maybe its called something more fancy!

Thanks for the replies.... a trivial item but perhaps its enough to reject the car if its missing ? <Tongue in cheek!>

#11 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Pos.k said:
The 'chilled glove box ' is a rotating knob which opens or closes a slot in it that lets the air con blow through it.
Don't get excited. It's shit.
LOL. You should do car reviews.
:lol: :lol: classically simple and clear! :lol:

#12 ·
frogeye said:
Using our net thingy as a dog guard, it's great and can be used with the jag boot liner, just tension it to the rear seat upper brackets instead of to the floor clips.
I was going to do same but our dog always lays down in the boot when car is moving. If you have a dog or carry loose gear stacked up in the boot I thought it was quite nifty.....admittedly mine is in hollow under boot floor ready for next owner. I might use it once or twice?

#13 ·
Do I have this net you all speak of? Not even looked under the boot floor, or would I have had to pay for it. It would be useful as stuff does move around in the boot as you press on ;)

#14 ·
It's like a table tennis net secures into roof lining and into back if read seats to close gap between top of rear seat and headliner. Think it came included in the luggage restraint system?

#15 ·
It's like a table tennis net secures into roof lining and into back if rear seats to close gap between top of rear seat and headliner. Thinking it came included in the luggage restraint system?

#16 ·
Disappointment alert!

Now I could be wrong but I am sure I read somewhere that this hi-tech 'chilled' glove box is nothing more than having some of the airflow normally destined for the cabin re-routed into the glove box. If that's true then it is simply the same air that's being used to either chill or heat the cabin - meaning your Coca-Cola isn't going to emerge ice-cold unless you're running your aircon on the coldest setting (in which case your passengers will be frozen first).

I have been tempted over the months by many of the options and option packs available from the configurator - and I have succumbed to too many of them. But I am pleased to say that I have never felt the urge to 'click' the button on the option pack that includes the 'chilled glove box'.

Arianne

PS. As an aside and speaking of in-car fridges...... when we had our Ford Galaxy I was really into all of this lifestyle accessories - it's what you do when you have a Galaxy and a young family. So I bought a fridge unit with a 12v plug in unit and set off for our jaunt to The Alps. Got to the ferry terminal at Dover and proudly offered everyone the option of a chilled drink from the fridge. Took the orders, whizzed around to the tailgate, took a look inside and noticed that the 12v plug had melted :eek: Halfords! They're rubbish!

PPS. Could have been worse - the whole car could have caught fire, worse still - on the car deck, even worse still - we might have needed to abandon ship in the English Channel. Coke anyone? :?

#17 ·
I think Arianne people are getting over excited.....I'm sure JLR referred to it as "cooled" rather than chilled, but as you rightly say it's a 1/2" hose redirecting cabin temperature air directly into the glove box...so where is the magic in that. My parents had a 12v fridge in their golf which would cool the contents on a Summers day, only to say 8 degs C or on cold days would heat up to 50 degs. Enough to get something chilled or warm.

#18 ·
It came as part of the practicality pack. Gesture tailgate (fun) and rear seat release levers (useful) net and chilled glove box. .. pointless. But if I paid for it I just was curious if it was installed as there have been posts saying it's not there so thought I'd check.

#19 ·
So for the cooled glovebox the vent isn't in the middle like the manual shows - I thought it was missed off my car until I went upside down with a torch. It is at the side nearest to your centre console, at the top, at the front. The vent twist manually to allow more or less air in and is always on when your air con is - it's fed from the a/c system as opposed to a proper chilled, temperature controlled box.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.