Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having visited the dealer this morning and seen my glacier white with black pack and black wheels, I decided against..... Have changed to Italian racing red with black pack and black 20" rims......

I am out in the sticks on the Welsh borders and still remember seeing the first X6 in our sleepy little market town, people on the pavement pointed and laughed..... A proper 4x4 round here is a well dinked base spec Disco, or a well used pick up....

It felt a bit to drug dealer for me so went for the quiet shouty red colour instead...

So test driving and the 3D S next Saturday morning followed by an hour in the F-Type to check out the engine :D :geek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
:D Both colour combinations are great but I do like IRR. Too many white Evoques with black pack round our way.

The SO had a red metallic Shogun that looked stunning.

Looking forward to reading about your test drive in due course. My heart says 3.0 litre petrol my head and the SO say 3.0 diesel.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the glacier white diesel S with black pack and the 22" rims

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Gman said:
Is that a Dark Sapphire Blue Shrewsbury have behind the white one?

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
catalyst said:
PaulC said:
The Gman said:
Is that a Dark Sapphire Blue Shrewsbury have behind the white one?
I don't know, and I'm sure you can't have missed it, but there are some fabulous pics of sapphire blue on the Autoexpress 3.0 D review
I have indeed. Just can't shake a doubt over Dark Sapphire and wondering if I should have gone for IRR or Rhodium Silver on my S

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dark sapphire blue looked great the only reason I didn't is my wife's disco is navy blue and on the S the leather choices are very limited, I am not sure black leather would look good with the Sapphire, it looked very sparkly in the sunshine.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey Dal and any others who have ordered a Glacier White S with Black Pack....

I saw one today at the Sevenoaks dealer today. It looks absolutely stunning!

Brilliant colour combination especially good from the rear view.

The car wasn't ready yet so not worth taking any pictures. They obviously need a LOT of preparation! Bonnet shut lines were terrible and lots of trims missing.

I am getting an FE but if I were to spec an S it would be this combination.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Habxxx said:
Hey Dal and any others who have ordered a Glacier White S with Black Pack....

I saw one today at the Sevenoaks dealer today. It looks absolutely stunning!

Brilliant colour combination especially good from the rear view.

The car wasn't ready yet so not worth taking any pictures. They obviously need a LOT of preparation! Bonnet shut lines were terrible and lots of trims missing.

I am getting an FE but if I were to spec an S it would be this combination.
Thanks, it does look the dogs, jagscat and I saw one exactly the same during the Solihull factory tour which confirmed for me I had gone for the right choice :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Gman said:
The dark sapphire blue looked great the only reason I didn't is my wife's disco is navy blue and on the S the leather choices are very limited, I am not sure black leather would look good with the Sapphire, it looked very sparkly in the sunshine.....
So did you decide to go for IRR over Dark Sapphire Blue more because you already have a navy blue car in your family or more because you didn't think black leather would compliment Dark Sapphire but would IRR?

I've ordered from Shrewsbury after seeing Dark Sapphire there under the lights on an XJ but can't help thinking my colour choice may have been a little safe and perhaps too sophisticated Jag rather than sporty Jag. I don't want IRR with black pack envy come July

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've changed too today. Having seen the Silver with black trim have been totally sold on it. Now just need to decide between the the 2 and 3 litre Diesel engines. Let's face it though - it's going to be the 3.0 :D

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
I saw Glacier White and Silver both with black pack and black rims and to be honest either would be the perfect choice, I'd have loved to have seen both either under the showroom lights or outside instead of one in each.

Personal option here but I reckon the car looks best in lighter colours which show offs it's curves best.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Had a long chat with my dealer rep this morning who is finding out if it's too late to change my order colour should I wish to.

In his opinion at least Rhodium Silver looks great and compliments the lines of the car well but needs the black pack and coordinating black wheels - I'm banned by the wife from black wheels so that one's out.

The IRR is a good choice but does show the dirt a little more than most and perhaps same story with the black pack/ black wheels. Also, my wife's car is red and two on the drive may be a little too much.

I've been disappointed with Ammonite in the flesh and cannot afford the upgrade to Storm Grey sadly.

In some respects I hope it's too late to change because if it's not then I'm off to Shrewsbury tonight to mull over colours yet again.

My choice of Dark Sapphire Blue (without black pack) is perhaps a little conservative and with smaller wheels on a Portfolio with light leather would certainly look a more regal choice - I'm not going for regal but as I've ordered the S on 22" Turbines it should hopefully look pretty mean with a hint of sophistication -more Daniel Craig's James Bond than Vin Diesel's Dominic Toretto then.

I just wish there were same pics, video or demo cars out there at the dealers in Dark Sapphire on an S rather than on Portfolio and Prestige spec cars.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PaulC said:
The Gman said:
So did you decide to go for IRR over Dark Sapphire Blue more because you already have a navy blue car in your family or more because you didn't think black leather would compliment Dark Sapphire but would IRR?

I've ordered from Shrewsbury after seeing Dark Sapphire there under the lights on an XJ but can't help thinking my colour choice may have been a little safe and perhaps too sophisticated Jag rather than sporty Jag. I don't want IRR with black pack envy come July
Paul a bit of both two navy blue cars on the drive appears a little as though we have no imagination :roll: and I didn't fancy it with black leather, it did look very nice with oyster.... IRR Is going to be a bit shouty but for where I am a bit more practical than glacier white, 2.5 miles of single track muddy/dusty lanes dependent on time of year, I am sure my farmer neighbours will be most amused however I can imagine it's the lovely F-type S in IRR in the showroom with black pack that has eaten all the protein shakes :D :mrgreen:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Popped into Jag Shrewsbury on the spur of the moment. Loads of people test driving their Sapphire Blue Portfolio as its the 2.0d.

Good look around the S in White and a quick drive out. The 3.0d is a peach of an engine.

In terms of the colour Dark Sapphire is really very dark and does look very regal on a portfolio spec with light leather.

Whether it'll take on a meaner guise on an S remains to be seen but if I can at this stage my order is going to change to Rhodium Silver with black pack. No black wheels or red interior as I'm banned from them so it'll stay with turbines which have some darker colour on them to compliment the black pack anyhow.

If I can't change my order - no great shakes but although I've not seen it in the flesh it's clear Rhodium works really well on the F Pace particularly in S guise and with my filthy and scratchy Shropshire roads has the added practical benefit.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
I think dark sapphire blue looks spot on and would have been my choice ....is the side line on doors and roof rails silver or black....?....
The roads going to be full of white and silver cars (nothing wrong with them they look great too) ...but .be different and stick with your gutt instinct ( usually the first choice ) :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Would it have been your choice on an S ?

I cannot see pics or video of the Dark Sapphire Blue S anywhere. That's while I'm constantly and infuriatingly questioning my decision. Not helped my Jag seeming spec'ing all their Portfolio demo cars in DSB

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.