Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one having problems with CD player?
Been out for first decent length journey today. Good opportunity to try all the new toys. All good except the CD player. Tried a few CDs (and yes I know they are old school before the comments ;) ) but after a couple of minutes play, the sound just drops out. CD will not eject, and in media screen just shows the CD repeatedly scanning through all the tracks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got the same problem.....I've tried a few different CDs....plays 2 or 3 tracks then stops working☹ ..my dealer says jaguar are aware of the problem but no solution yet....probably needs a new head unit?.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least it is not just me ... I'll be reporting the issue to dealer tomorrow. See if I get the same response.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
70 miles in I had same, wouldn't eject either. Couple of other issues too, not great, so I am in touch with Jaguar direct. They had confirmed the suspension was sorted (watch this space) and in control had latest update......but still failed!! Not a great start, that aside the car is fab!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
70 miles in I had same, wouldn't eject either. Couple of other issues too, not great, so I am in touch with Jaguar direct. They had confirmed the suspension was sorted (watch this space) and in control had latest update......but still failed!! Not a great start, that aside the car is fab!!
Forgot to add that mine would not eject either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Penfold23 said:
Any one having problems with CD player?
Been out for first decent length journey today. Good opportunity to try all the new toys. All good except the CD player. Tried a few CDs (and yes I know they are old school before the comments ;) ) but after a couple of minutes play, the sound just drops out. CD will not eject, and in media screen just shows the CD repeatedly scanning through all the tracks.
I have the same problem plus wont play a DVD all the way through.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Boolia said:
Just sat in car and tried CD for first time. Telling me there is a disk error and it won't eject.. getting a bit fed up now!!

Any solution anyone?
This is a known problem with no fix just yet last I heard, there is a Topix document you can present to your dealer if they haven't heard of it. Maybe they can advise once there is an update and fix.

G

·
Hello

I have exactly the same problem with my XE S with ITCP ...

I had the topix fix applied, new cable .. but still have issues, now the dealer are going to change the head unit

regards

G

·
really frustrating

everything else with My XE S is great .. the simplest of optional extras .. cd player they f*** up

G

·
TBW said:
Had it on my F-Pace, solved changing the unit.
many thanks for the response .. fingers crossed, the dealer are being most helpful in my case

the rest of the car is great .. it's just a principle thing for me

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same problem. phoned dealer, they denied all knowledge of the problem. I will hit them with the Topix doc on Monday.

G

·
Russell said:
Interesting
Hello Russell

at least they do admit in this particular case there is a fix to the problem

so at least they are trying to resolve the issues .. this is all we can ask :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts