Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning. Before you take rapid curves or turns with a Jaguar Fpace make sure have fastened your seatbelt you might be about to experience a hell of a ride.

As seen on this video Jaguar Fpace production cars may suffer from a complete power outage when driving into a fast turn. All screens go black, the powers steering cuts out and the automatic gearbox shifts into emergency mode. The driver of this production car first experienced this problem while taking a fast and tight curve on the motorway at approximately 140 km/h. When the electro-mechanical power steering suddenly cut out at high speed, the sudden impact of G forces on the wheel made the driver almost loose full control over the vehicle. With a lot of physical muscle power and a lot of luck the car was successfully kept on the road, skidding over both lanes (fortunately there were no other cars to crash into) Just seconds later the power steering kicked back in (due to the reactivation of the electronic systems), as a result the driver, still applying heavy force on the wheel, almost lost control over the car once again, the steering went from extremely hard to soft in milliseconds.

A sudden power loss of the electro mechanical steering in a tight turn can provoke even experienced drivers to loose complete control over the car due to heavy and uncontrolled steering manoeuvres forced by the a sudden change in the resistance of the steering wheel.

We advise to be cautious when driving fast with a Jaguar Fpace. Let us know if you have experienced a similar problem and please share this post to make sure that all Jaguar Fpace owners are being informed about this error which might cause fatal consequences.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Waynem said:
Doesn't show or prove anything. ....don't watch .....rubbish...
Macan owner Alert
Hi there. Don't get me wrong. I really like my f-pace, nevertheless the electric fault detected in our car is very worrying.
I want other owners to be informed so they can test the car in a safe environment instead (as on the video).
The issue first happened to me in a fast turn and I was about to total the car in consequence....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mondeoman said:
So why join the forum on 14 May with a name like "Failpace" and wait until 29 May to post anything if you were aware of a serious issue?
I was not sure if I was going to get myself into these type of discussions I am having now.
I think the issue is serios and should be knows. If anybody feels different about this please feel to do so....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Waynem said:
You wrote "the driver almost lost full control"
Now your saying its your car and you
Yes the driver is me.
I almost went straight into a road barrier.
I was luck not to have any cars to neither side of me so I managed to keep the car on the road.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Or a consumer whose first language is not English and does indeed have a genuine problem.

Just saying.

If it is genuine hopefully it might be something as simple as a loose connector somewhere.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Ok so *your* car has an issue [maybe] so tell us what your supplying dealer has said. They have looked at the problem, right? If you are genuinely trying to help us then tell us what has been diagnosed.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The link took me to a suggested YouTube video of Ninja Turtles? Strange that they have managed to get an F-Pace delivered to them before many of the rest of us! Ninja Turtles prefer F-Pace, there's a thing.

This sounds preposterous really. If it were true I think it would be much bigger then this one guy. Furthermore, does the OP purport to have video footage of it actually happening in real time? That would be quite something.

Arianne

1 - 20 of 91 Posts