Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear F Pace forum users, please help me out!

Not withstanding the fact that I feel that I didn't get any sales support when ordering my F Pace (I basically did it all online), when I collected my F Pace (portfolio with tow bar, InControl Touch Pro and cup holder cover) there were a couple of issues.
1) the trim round the tow bar was not flush
2) there was a sticker on the cup holder cover that was difficult to remove
3) a couple of days later I spotted quite a big "scratch" on the rear panel

A week later they took the car in to fix the trim and look at the scratch, and try and remove the sticker. I was a little worried about the car that arrived outside revving the engine when they dropped off the driver, and I noticed that my car when returned later was no longer in ECO mode... I wonder if they had been driving it carefully in its first week?

The trim was fixed and I couldn't see the scratch , but they appeared to have used a Brillo pad to take the sticker off the cup holder cover. I hated complaining about this as it seemed so petty, but I had to pay for this optional extra! To cut a long story short they agreed to replace the cover, and I got a voice mail at the end of July saying that someone would contact me to replace the cover. Nobody called me.

In the mean time I have had some issues with InControl Touch Pro (like sometimes the system wouldn't start for a few minutes after I'd started driving etc) but to be honest I was just going to live with that, more worryingly I was sporadically getting a gear box warning light, that was preventing me from selecting Drive.. to begin with I thought this was a glitch..but it started happening more frequently.

Back on 16th August however, I got in my car and there was a crack in the windscreen, coming from the outside in, across the drivers side. It had been a hot day and cold evening so my initial thought was that my car, which was a month old, had an installation fault on the windscreen. I called my dealership as soon as I got to work, and offered 3 days in the coming week where I could find alternative arrangements so they could take my car from home. They said they'd call back. They didn't.

The following Monday, I called back, and asked to speak to a more senior Manager. I spoke to the head of Sales who said he'd take personal ownership of this issue. Again I offered a few days, and again no call back!!! Over a week passed and by now I was concerned that the windscreen was illegal, but I was still driving. I called back and spoke to the same Head of Sales who said that someone had tried to contact me the week before but not got through... ?? I had no voice mails, no emails no missed calls! I was astonished that they hadn't tried to contact me more than once. By now the gear box issue was starting to become a real concern. During this call however I agreed that they could take the car in Monday and Tuesday of this week (as they said that a windscreen would take two days to fit). During some of these calls though the Sales Manager had started to say that they'd have to determine whether it was an installation fault or an Insurance claim. This was frustrating, a month after I had notified them of the crack in the windscreen.. When the car was picked up on Monday I discussed with the driver (and left a note in the car) that if they were going to determine that it was an Insurance claim then they'd need to call me before they started work so I could call my insurers. 6pm came and went and no call!!! I called the head of the dealership who then confirmed that they had found a stone chip (?) that had caused the crack, and I'd need to claim. They had already told me that it would take two days to install a windscreen so telling me at 6pm was very frustrating! I called the Insurers who of course said that they would have to order the glass in....

I was so frustrated, I had now given my car up again for two days and I wasn't even going to get the glass replaced. The following day I appraised the dealers of the situation and said that I needed my car back by the end of the day. At around 4pm I got a call saying they needed to keep it for longer to look further into the gearbox issues, but that they could give me an F type as a courtesy car, this seemed OK so I gave them my licence details etc.

By 7pm, no car had arrived. I called the dealership to be told that they hadn't arranged the insurance in time! I had to drive to my office leaving my house at 6am today! I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS. I can arrange a hire car in 30 mins, what were they doing???

At 9pm last night I was trying to shift meetings round as I had no desire to get a taxi 55 miles to my office and then back, so I cycled to a different office closer to my home today, what a relief that I have some flexibility, but I HAVE to go on the long commute tomorrow. While the offer of an F type is good (if it ever arrives) I am going on a longer trip this weekend which means I need more space so if I don't have my F pace back I'll need something bigger.

Oh, and the cup holder cover is on back order....

I really feel that I have been treated poorly, and I feel that I should get some sort of compensation to make this situation improve, but I don't want to sound petty..

What can you recommend?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sadly you are not alone, mines due in a few days & I'm worried.
Yet my dealer in Tamworth claims they have only had a couple of minor issues.

Specifically on your situation there are a few threads that offer get advice, keep the details, video etc and ultimately hand it back.

Good luck, might be an idea to name the dealer and see how others got on with them.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Actually it sounds as if the car itself (certainly compared to mine) has been relatively fault free, and all the issues lie with the dealer and not Jaguar.

I would name and shame them on here. Tell them you have done it, and send a link to this forum.

I would then complain officially to Jaguar CS about your dealer.

Be firm. You are being perfectly reasonable from what I can see.

I'd let the windscreen issue go. Sh1t happens. You'll never know if it really was a stone chip but it's covered by insurance anyway. Focus on the appalling service you have received.

Ultimately you can take your post-sales problems and business elsewhere. I would. Find another dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all,

I've been on the phone to JLR CS, who are being nice, but ultimately the dealership is the issue, you're right. Its Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton. They're local to me so I felt I was doing the right thing instead of going to one of the bigger dealerships.

Apparently the F Type loaner will be heading to my house soon. I won't know until I have cycled home later....

JLR say they'll work on a "gesture of good will" - I'm not keen to negotiate on this, but a service pack sounds reasonable. If its a golf umbrella I may use it in anger!

I'll keep the forum updated. I loved my car, but frankly I'm getting closer to thinking about walking away if that's legally possible now... I doubt the Maserati SUV is particularly reliable though....

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Tall9988 said:
Thanks all,

I've been on the phone to JLR CS, who are being nice, but ultimately the dealership is the issue, you're right. Its Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton. They're local to me so I felt I was doing the right thing instead of going to one of the bigger dealerships.

Apparently the F Type loaner will be heading to my house soon. I won't know until I have cycled home later....

JLR say they'll work on a "gesture of good will" - I'm not keen to negotiate on this, but a service pack sounds reasonable. If its a golf umbrella I may use it in anger!

I'll keep the forum updated. I loved my car, but frankly I'm getting closer to thinking about walking away if that's legally possible now... I doubt the Maserati SUV is particularly reliable though....
Ah! They are my local dealer too, but I didn't buy from them. Mainly because they didn't return two calls when trying to purchase the car, so that was indicative to me of what after sales service might look like! So I went further afield and was glad I did.

As frustrated as you are, try to separate the product from the dealer. It sounds as if yours is being comparatively reliable so far?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just a quick thought.

If your supplying dealer is rubbish then you're under no obligation to stick with them. Why not sound out another dealership?

We had a Renault once (sorry, but times were tough) and we picked it up from Caffyns Maidstone with a gearbox that whined. They said it was fine. It was brand new. I was convinced I had just been fobbed off.

Took the car to my local Indy. They confirmed that the sound meant the gearbox was duff. I visited another Renault dealership, explained what the Indy had said and they took the car and replaced the gearbox immediately under warranty.

This all shouldn't happen. What you have experienced is truly terrible. And tonight has been a bad night for Jaguar customer relations on this forum

I wish you well with your next steps.

Arianne

·
Banned
444 Posts
IS THIS A JOKE?
What is this forum degenerating into, a platform for the insane?
:evil:
"A couple of days later I spotted quite a big "scratch" on the rear panel"

"There was a sticker on the cup holder cover that was difficult to remove"

"The car that arrived outside revving the engine when they dropped off the driver, and I noticed that My car when returned later was no longer in ECO mode... I wonder if they had been driving it carefully in its first week?"

"I got in my car and there was a crack in the windscreen, coming from the outside in, across the drivers side"

Are you really surprised that the dealer is fed up with you!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Tall9988 said:
Thanks all,

Ah! They are my local dealer too, but I didn't buy from them. Mainly because they didn't return two calls when trying to purchase the car, so that was indicative to me of what after sales service might look like! So I went further afield and was glad I did.

As frustrated as you are, try to separate the product from the dealer. It sounds as if yours is being comparatively reliable so far?
My local dealer as well. Phone calls back sometimes never happen.ive had mixed experiences. The final few weeks was very good though and good Comms so left a more positive vibe but I feel they are too busy a lot of the time and it slides.

Sounds a very poor experience for you and frustrating but FType loaner is a good gesture shame they never arranged it in time.

I wouldn't worry about it been taken out of ECO mode - I would take it off as normal mode is fine and no cause for concern.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Russell said:
IS THIS A JOKE?
What is this forum degenerating into, a platform for the insane?
:evil:

"There was a sticker on the cup holder cover that was difficult to remove"

"The car that arrived outside revving the engine when they dropped off the driver, and I noticed that My car when returned later was no longer in ECO mode... I wonder if they had been driving it carefully in its first week?"

"I got in my car and there was a crack in the windscreen, coming from the outside in, across the drivers side"

Are you really surprised that the dealer is fed up with you!
Russell,

This is not normally your style of posts.

Are you OK, I have read some of your latest posts and you appear to be very angry at posts on here lately, yes you may think peoples issues are petty and maybe not worth raising but people feel by venting a little on here it allows them to get it off there chest and also allows others with similar experiences to show support, we may not agree with it but this is what a forum is about, helping, assisting and trouble shooting, after all this is why you no doubt joined and posted some of your experiences and dislikes and likes.

Hope to see the more happy and positive Russell soon, Chin up mate.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm just curious if Russell did actually stand by his demand for HIS money back and reject HIS car like he pontificated back in July?

·
Banned
444 Posts
That is exactly what I am eluding to, yes I did suggest back in July that I might reject my car. If you read one of my earlier posts I regretted "throwing my toys out of the pram" and my terminology "get real" was mostly down to my own silly attitude. Once I calmed down and came off my high horse things took on a more realistic perspective.

Guys I was also pissed off about my ICTP misbehaving, for some very strange reason it seems to have settled down, although when Jaguar launch the revised software, promised for October, hopefully that will resolve the odd remaining issues.

I have always found Jaguar customer service to be most polite, apologetic and on the ball and for the record :D no I have no connection with JLR.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Russell said:
That is exactly what I am eluding to, yes I did suggest back in July that I might reject my car. If you read one of my earlier posts I regretted "throwing my toys out of the pram" and my terminology "get real" was mostly down to my own silly attitude. Once I calmed down and came off my high horse things took on a more realistic perspective.

Guys I was also pissed off about my ICTP misbehaving, for some very strange reason it seems to have settled down, although when Jaguar launch the revised software, promised for October, hopefully that will resolve the odd remaining issues.

I have always found Jaguar customer service to be most polite, apologetic and on the ball and for the record :D no I have no connection with JLR.
That's very honest of you to share that with us? Fair enough. Been there, done it and got the t-shirt myself. Glad I am not the only one that periodically makes a poor judgement call!

Arianne

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Passion red :roll:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Tall9988 said:
Dear F Pace forum users, please help me out!

Not withstanding the fact that I feel that I didn't get any sales support when ordering my F Pace (I basically did it all online), when I collected my F Pace (portfolio with tow bar, InControl Touch Pro and cup holder cover) there were a couple of issues.
1) the trim round the tow bar was not flush
2) there was a sticker on the cup holder cover that was difficult to remove
3) a couple of days later I spotted quite a big "scratch" on the rear panel

A week later they took the car in to fix the trim and look at the scratch, and try and remove the sticker. I was a little worried about the car that arrived outside revving the engine when they dropped off the driver, and I noticed that my car when returned later was no longer in ECO mode... I wonder if they had been driving it carefully in its first week?

The trim was fixed and I couldn't see the scratch , but they appeared to have used a Brillo pad to take the sticker off the cup holder cover. I hated complaining about this as it seemed so petty, but I had to pay for this optional extra! To cut a long story short they agreed to replace the cover, and I got a voice mail at the end of July saying that someone would contact me to replace the cover. Nobody called me.

In the mean time I have had some issues with InControl Touch Pro (like sometimes the system wouldn't start for a few minutes after I'd started driving etc) but to be honest I was just going to live with that, more worryingly I was sporadically getting a gear box warning light, that was preventing me from selecting Drive.. to begin with I thought this was a glitch..but it started happening more frequently.

Back on 16th August however, I got in my car and there was a crack in the windscreen, coming from the outside in, across the drivers side. It had been a hot day and cold evening so my initial thought was that my car, which was a month old, had an installation fault on the windscreen. I called my dealership as soon as I got to work, and offered 3 days in the coming week where I could find alternative arrangements so they could take my car from home. They said they'd call back. They didn't.

The following Monday, I called back, and asked to speak to a more senior Manager. I spoke to the head of Sales who said he'd take personal ownership of this issue. Again I offered a few days, and again no call back!!! Over a week passed and by now I was concerned that the windscreen was illegal, but I was still driving. I called back and spoke to the same Head of Sales who said that someone had tried to contact me the week before but not got through... ?? I had no voice mails, no emails no missed calls! I was astonished that they hadn't tried to contact me more than once. By now the gear box issue was starting to become a real concern. During this call however I agreed that they could take the car in Monday and Tuesday of this week (as they said that a windscreen would take two days to fit). During some of these calls though the Sales Manager had started to say that they'd have to determine whether it was an installation fault or an Insurance claim. This was frustrating, a month after I had notified them of the crack in the windscreen.. When the car was picked up on Monday I discussed with the driver (and left a note in the car) that if they were going to determine that it was an Insurance claim then they'd need to call me before they started work so I could call my insurers. 6pm came and went and no call!!! I called the head of the dealership who then confirmed that they had found a stone chip (?) that had caused the crack, and I'd need to claim. They had already told me that it would take two days to install a windscreen so telling me at 6pm was very frustrating! I called the Insurers who of course said that they would have to order the glass in....

I was so frustrated, I had now given my car up again for two days and I wasn't even going to get the glass replaced. The following day I appraised the dealers of the situation and said that I needed my car back by the end of the day. At around 4pm I got a call saying they needed to keep it for longer to look further into the gearbox issues, but that they could give me an F type as a courtesy car, this seemed OK so I gave them my licence details etc.

By 7pm, no car had arrived. I called the dealership to be told that they hadn't arranged the insurance in time! I had to drive to my office leaving my house at 6am today! I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS. I can arrange a hire car in 30 mins, what were they doing???

At 9pm last night I was trying to shift meetings round as I had no desire to get a taxi 55 miles to my office and then back, so I cycled to a different office closer to my home today, what a relief that I have some flexibility, but I HAVE to go on the long commute tomorrow. While the offer of an F type is good (if it ever arrives) I am going on a longer trip this weekend which means I need more space so if I don't have my F pace back I'll need something bigger.

Oh, and the cup holder cover is on back order....

I really feel that I have been treated poorly, and I feel that I should get some sort of compensation to make this situation improve, but I don't want to sound petty..

What can you recommend?
Good afternoon Tall9988,

I am sorry to learn of your concerns with your F-PACE.

I am however pleased to learn that you have made contact with the Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre in order to resolve your concerns.

Should you wish to provide me with your vehicle and contact details via PM, I will be more than happy to ensure all your comments are provided to your case manager to ensure they are aware of all the information in order to progress your case to a resolution.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Good afternoon Tall9988,

I am sorry to learn of your concerns with your F-PACE.

I am however pleased to learn that you have made contact with the Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre in order to resolve your concerns.

Should you wish to provide me with your vehicle and contact details via PM, I will be more than happy to ensure all your comments are provided to your case manager to ensure they are aware of all the information in order to progress your case to a resolution.

Many thanks,
Amellia
Amelia,

Please you can reply, can you please reply letting us know what Jaguar are doing about these issues continue issues of ITCP not working, poor alignment of panels and cars not being delivered as ordered, as you have read its not one or two people with these continue problems and some have heard an ITCP update will come out in October and some have been told its not happening.

Would be good to hear directly from Jaguar what it happening and when.

It would go a long way to let us know what's happening.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.