Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Plant Vehicle Tire Sky

My car is by no means a 'top-spec' flashy example, but each time I look at it, or get in and drive, I just L O V E the:

• Ammonite colour with black pack
  • J blade front running lights
  • F-Type style rear lights
  • Interior and that 'new car' smell
  • Feel of the R Sport steering wheel
  • Analogue dials - for me, so much nicer than the plain, cheaper looking TFT screen, just like any old laptop!
  • Manual gear change - I've found the manual box to be nice and sweet, you can really 'drive it'
  • Torque Vectoring on twisting roads - OMG, you can actually feel it, it's phenomenal, never had an SUV like it!
  • Power from the 2 litre diesel - there's plenty enough for me, I honestly don't know how I'd ever get the benefit of a 3 litre
  • Meridian sound system - it's great, and not even the 825 watt version either!
  • Firm support and shape of the seats
  • Motorised tailgate - never had one before, so cool!
  • 19" silver and grey Bionics - great ride and, visually, they suit the car really well - very easy to clean too!
  • Exclusivity of the new design - up to press, I've still only seen one other on the road, a Rhodium, several weeks ago
  • Head-turning attention - the stares and smiles as you drive by, some actual open mouthed finger pointing too!

Not regretting my 'decision to buy' one little bit . . I really love driving this car, there's just nothing else to be seen on the road that makes me hesitate about that for even a moment!

Wishing many miles of happy driving to all other F-Pacers who keep faith with it!

Have a great weekend all, I'll be out having fun in mine,
Cats ^..^

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
+1, ... Check out you Catwoman... Off roading :lol: come to think of it apart from the odd bit of driveway gravel and grass verge that's the only Private F pace I have seen off Tarmac.
I was going to post a pic aswell but Catwoman has made me feel ashamed as she can keep her car that clean even across a field :?
Maybe the mud is to scared to jump on,and risk being told off!! :lol: :lol:
Can always bring your bucket and sponge down here for your holidays to meet your dirty twin :eek: :shock:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catwoman said:
View attachment 1415
My car is by no means a 'top-spec' flashy example, but each time I look at it, or get in and drive, I just L O V E the:

• Ammonite colour with black pack
  • J blade front running lights
  • F-Type style rear lights
  • Interior and that 'new car' smell
  • Feel of the R Sport steering wheel
  • Analogue dials - for me, so much nicer than the plain, cheaper looking TFT screen, just like any old laptop!
  • Manual gear change - I've found the manual box to be nice and sweet, you can really 'drive it'
  • Torque Vectoring on twisting roads - OMG, you can actually feel it, it's phenomenal, never had an SUV like it!
  • Power from the 2 litre diesel - there's plenty enough for me, I honestly don't know how I'd ever get the benefit of a 3 litre
  • Meridian sound system - it's great, and not even the 825 watt version either!
  • Firm support and shape of the seats
  • Motorised tailgate - never had one before, so cool!
  • 19" silver and grey Bionics - great ride and, visually, they suit the car really well - very easy to clean too!
  • Exclusivity of the new design - up to press, I've still only seen one other on the road, a Rhodium, several weeks ago
  • Head-turning attention - the stares and smiles as you drive by, some actual open mouthed finger pointing too!

Not regretting my 'decision to buy' one little bit . . I really love driving this car, there's just nothing else to be seen on the road that makes me hesitate about that for even a moment!

Wishing many miles of happy driving to all other F-Pacers who keep faith with it!

Have a great weekend all, I'll be out having fun in mine,
Cats ^..^

View attachment 1417
Gotta be the best shot so far from a new FP owner ... looks so completely at home in those surroundings!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi CW, I'm glad you're pleased with your new car.

I have to agree with you about the engine. I have now done 1000 miles so chose "Dynamic" for the first time today. I could not believe how quick it can accelerate - what a thrill - it actually felt quicker than my old Boxster S.

I won't use Dynamic very often but it's nice to know it's there if I want the power and want to play. Confirms my, at the time, agonising decision to be sensible and not go with the 3.0 litre and save myself a wad load of cash.

DAB now sorted - corrupt file or something.

Yesterday some a*se in a mini wouldn't move over so had to go the pot-hole route by the side of the road and bust front mud-flap - what a c**t.

I haven't noticed a single person turn a head or point a finger yet :( - perhaps it's a navy blue thing!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just could not agree more with your comments on your F Type.
Had mine 10 days now and just covered 400 miles so its beginning to loosen up and my first tankfull courtesy of my dealer returned an average of 45 mpg so good for a new tight engine. None of the forum reported problems yet so fingers crossed!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looking lovely and nice review. Mine cannot come soon enough

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm with you Catwoman!! The 2.0 is pretty awesome, OK in a straight line the 3.0 maybe be quicker but when I've had the 22" tyres squealing in the bends with that torque vectoring, and on the G-meter pulled 1G with ease I don't see the need for the 3.0. Glad I spent the extra cash on toys!! Except for the ICTP but that WILL get fixed!! You just need to get the front n rear R-Sport decals on and the bonnet grilles!!!! :p ;) :lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not in my fields as I am waiting to cut hay, so a photo from in the ford just below the house... its a trickle in the summer but can get up to nearly knee high after heavy winter rains or when snow starts melting won't be going in then....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh guys, this thread is lovely but you do make me smile :)

My son and I were enjoying all the recent images of your super F-Pace's tackling grass slightly in excess of 4" high, including our favourites - the one were the owner has got down low behind a long tuft to create the illusion of a jungle and the FE in a close cropped grassy space that even an F-Type has negotiated tucked just behind the F-Pace! My son said that what would really be good is a shot of an F-Pace crossing a ford.

And, low and behold, tonight we have a shot of a beefy F-Pace on 22" wheels successfully conquering a........ puddle! :D

To be fair, we have taken our XC60 off road, proper. It creates a terrible mess. The clean up, even with a proper power washer, foam bottle and decent snow-foam is a long, time consuming task. There is no way I would want to do that to my new F-Pace when she eventually comes.

But if any folk from other SUV forum accidentally stumble across this thread I wonder what they will think about us? Big, butch and confident F-Pace owners posting images of their robust AWD vehicles shown victorious on ...... grass and a bit of mud.

I am beginning to love this forum, as we are creating our own humour and banter. My post is meant in the best of intentions and light humour, so please don't take it as an implied criticism, far from it. Keep posting the pics!

Arianne

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That's more like it ^

Arianne

·
Registered
473 Posts
Arianne said:
Oh guys, this thread is lovely but you do make me smile :)

My son and I were enjoying all the recent images of your super F-Pace's tackling grass slightly in excess of 4" high, including our favourites - the one were the owner has got down low behind a long tuft to create the illusion of a jungle and the FE in a close cropped grassy space that even an F-Type has negotiated tucked just behind the F-Pace! My son said that what would really be good is a shot of an F-Pace crossing a ford.

And, low and behold, tonight we have a shot of a beefy F-Pace on 22" wheels successfully conquering a........ puddle! :D

To be fair, we have taken our XC60 off road, proper. It creates a terrible mess. The clean up, even with a proper power washer, foam bottle and decent snow-foam is a long, time consuming task. There is no way I would want to do that to my new F-Pace when she eventually comes.

But if any folk from other SUV forum accidentally stumble across this thread I wonder what they will think about us? Big, butch and confident F-Pace owners posting images of their robust AWD vehicles shown victorious on ...... grass and a bit of mud.

I am beginning to love this forum, as we are creating our own humour and banter. My post is meant in the best of intentions and light humour, so please don't take it as an implied criticism, far from it. Keep posting the pics!

Arianne
Arianne, hmm yes i have been through bigger puddles than that. my Gman handle is nothing to do with number plate but relates to the photos below, in my trusty old G-Wagon, hence G-man, for the avoidance of doubt I don't plan to do any of theses things in my FP :shock: :D, could resist putting in the tripped up Disco photo, that happened right in front of me..... driving in a v shaped gulley if you didn't keep you wheels balanced on either bank you fall over :mrgreen: :roll: :oops: :lol:

oh and a proper ford crossing, although as my G was a 280 petrol and with NO snorkel i was a teeny bit worried about how deep the "Corwen Car Wash" on that trip :shock: :shock:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.