Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jaguar put on a great event, I went to the 18:30 events and spent a good deal of the time talking to the Jaguar staff at the event including one of the design team.

All of the cars on display are pre-production.

On display
FE which was not UK spec.
Portfolio in Italian racing red
S - Silver
R-Sport - Glacier white

Wasn't keen on the black plastic at the bottom of the doors on the Portfolio (see below)

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Any wheel below 20" (Portfolio above is 19") looks way too small on the F-Pace with a massive side wall of rubber. 20" wheels look OK but only just.

Most of the cars had side steps fitted (very expensive accessorie) but they really aren't necessary. The F-Pace doesn't sit that high off the ground.

Ambient lighting looks nice it lights up the upper & lower parts of the door, around the gear selector and above the glovebox.

The double sided boot mat was a little disappointing, The rubber side didn't look that hard wearing to me.

The sunglasses holder in the roof was well dampened but the plastic felt very thin and cheap.

FE blue looks amazing and I was told by Jaguar staff that it will remain exclusive on the F-Pace FE - only time will tell on that.

The black plastic inside the rear doors/arch is due to a double strike (pressing the panel twice) to create the shoulder in the rear wing. It requires rivets to be inserted and the plastic insert covers this up. I'm a little happier with it now I know it's there for a good reason. Did question why it couldn't have be painted.

View attachment 198

Did ask if the rivet marks/uneven fold in the rear hatch guttering was a pre-production issue but it was confirmed by one of the design team that it will remain in production cars.

View attachment 197

The S interior was red/black and it looked good, the red isn't a really bright red and it worked well.

On the silver S - F-Pace the silver detailing along the bottom of the doors is almost lost. I was told it's a different silver but under indoor lighting it looked identical to me.

I was told the FE UK spec was decided by dealers being given a price point by Jaguar and to select what options dealers would expect customers to want. Pity Jaguar didn't ask the customers never mind....

FE numbers increased in the UK from 200 to 250 with allocation taken from the Chinese market. All 250 now sold.

Showroom cars & demos expected to arrive in April, FE will be delivered in May (currently being built, I was told the production line is full of FE at the moment) and other models will follow from June onward. Jaguar said production was on target as planned.

During the presentation it was mentioned that any new orders taken now would be October delivery. So I fully expect this years production to be sold out by April once the showroom cars arrive at dealers. Good news for residuals

Expect road going reviews 2nd or 3rd week in April.

For those who are looking at the active cruise control if this option is selected you end up with a rectangle piece of perspex on the front grill with a flat and rather simple Jaguar badge behind it. Unless you really need active cruise I would give it a miss the grill/badge looks much better without this option fitted.

Without
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

With
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Much preferred the two tone colour schemes to the interior compared to the all black, The two tone interiors looked more expensive/higher quality to me.

Petrol/Diesel cap is massive - mainly due to having two fillers inside Adblue and Diesel

22" wheels still have plenty of rubber on them and the design team member stated that the ride quality on 22" will not be an issue

Much bigger than a Porsche Macan

Interior quality seemed fine to me, yes it would have been nice to see a few more quality touches such as metal buttons on the electric seats, metal flappy paddles, thicker plastic on the sunglasses holder and softer touch materials on the glove box but it all felt solid and the digital dash and new widescreen infotainment screen looks very nice. The center console in the FE contained a HDMI port not sure if that is standard or not?

Nice thick sporty steering wheel with lovely soft leather,

Overall very happy and can't wait for delivery now. Obviously these are only my opinions and I'm sure others will differ greatly.

Thanks to everyone who supplied the photos

Paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Excellent write up.

That's re-affirmed my paint colour choice of Dark Sapphire and made me think about opting for the black/red leather colour option for the interior instead of plain black/ jet.

The pics I've seem make the red look very, very red and too much in the S/ outer sides of the seats look but then I've not seen it in the flesh

·
Registered
948 Posts
A shame you didn't post photos of the Glacier White as it's the colour I've picked.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
buttons129 said:
Any chance of getting few photos of the red and black interior while your there? It's on my 'not too sure' list against all black.
Thanks
buttons129 - The trouble with photo of the red interior, the flash makes the red look a lot brighter than it actually is. If you need to see it in the flesh ring a few Jaguar dealers up and ask if they have a XE or XF Smodel in stock with the red/black interior. It's the same colour scheme and I believe it's the same seat also.

Paul.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Paul - Thank you for the write up and pictures. You've got lots of new and useful info.

I'd noticed the odd black shirt plastic behind the badge. Glad it goes if you don't spec ACC.
Good to have an explanation for the black plastic when you open the rear door. Still not pretty but the overall design is still stunning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts