Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

anybody out there who has an idea how the f*** we can move our lovely F-Pace in "N" without automatic switching of "P" and parking brake when shutting down the engine (e.g. car wash)???

·
Registered
492 Posts
Scratches everywhere, plus chemical TFR, lethal to polish.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Jeff, all luxury car makers, and true car enthusiasts, recommend avoiding washes - even touchless ones. The chemicals they use to strip away all the grime actually start to strip away and damage the finish of any vehicle over time, and even the touchless washes can lead to micro abrasions that dull the paint and mark swirls on it. If you love a vehicle enough to spend this much money on it (assuming you didn't buy an entry level model), love it enough to washing it properly (or pay someone to!).

·
Registered
688 Posts
how are most people keeping them clean.. those drive-thru car washes where they're hand washed no good either?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I get mine private valeted a few times a year and do it myself rest of the time. Get initial valet with a coating treatment, then do it yourself but with a lambs wool wash mitt NOT A SPONGE!!! Ask your valeter what he suggests to wash your car with in between his visits. If it's cold and wet just get him round for a 'service wash'. Not much more expensive than the Polskis! Plus the valeter will use new clothes not ones used on everyone else or a dropped chamois with grit in it. Even washed cloth's in hard water areas get line scale in them hence why my valeter only users new sealed packet cloth's.

·
Registered
473 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I get mine private valeted a few times a year and do it myself rest of the time. Get initial valet with a coating treatment, then do it yourself but with a lambs wool wash mitt NOT A SPONGE!!! Ask your valeter what he suggests to wash your car with in between his visits. If it's cold and wet just get him round for a 'service wash'. Not much more expensive than the Polskis! Plus the valeter will use new clothes not ones used on everyone else or a dropped chamois with grit in it. Even washed cloth's in hard water areas get line scale in them hence why my valeter only users new sealed packet cloth's.
Ah I see we lead very different lives, that is not a criticism but were I live in the winter the lanes will be covered in mud, the verges will have growth rubbing down the sides of the car for at least 3 months a year I wonder if it it is worth the Gtechniq coating I hope it is as its going to get splattered in cow poop etc and I might not have time to wash it for a month in winter..... A fresh cloth is the least of my worries :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
A gentle jet wash each week won't harm, every little helps. If you are that remote maybe a Discivery or Rangey would have been better?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.