Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 1 month away from taking delivery (3.0d S Ultimate Black) and am trying to decide what type of detailing to go for.
A local firm does Carnauba Wax but as this is all new to me i wanted to know how that compares to Ceramic Coating. Also keen for suggestion regarding other protection, as well as rough costs.

Any suggestions and information would be welcome!

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
You should ask catwoman what she uses. I think it's an initial layer of 'witchcraft', followed by a final coat of 'photoshop', and then regular 'good lighting' applied daily.

;)

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I think it's an initial layer of 'witchcraft', followed by a final coat of 'photoshop', and then regular 'good lighting' applied daily
There's nothing to it . . . just don't forget to only wash your car under the light of a waxing gibbous moon, while dancing naked at midnight, if you want to achieve a finish like my "****'s" . . :lol: :lol: :twisted: :cool:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Guys that Carplan Demon Shine is the ticket. ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Carnauba wax lasts 3-6 months and not as tough as ceramic that lasts 5- 7 years but you get what you pay for :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ceramic I think. Mine has 5 year guarantee though I'll be happy with 3 years good performance to be honest.
Washed car a few times and it's great

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've always gone for wax, especially after seeing how dealers can 'give' you the likes of Lifeshine etc after you saying no thanks. This time I decided to go for ceramic (Nanolex) applied at a proper detailers. It looked great when I collected but the test was after taking my grandchildren to school past 2 dairy farms after the cows had crossed the road and a farm where the farmer couldn't be bothered to clean the mud off the road. Got home, got out the hosepipe (not the pressure washer) and every single piece of crud just washed away with no need to get the sponges out. So my vote is for ceramic and anyone want a tub of wax?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts