Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been brought to my attention I am doing a lot of moaning, apologies all...just a tad gutted and frustrated with JLR's lack of attention and time wasting at dealer.

So I shall keep quiet from now on to let everybody enjoy their new cars in peace.

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
It has been brought to my attention I am doing a lot of moaning, apologies all...just a tad gutted and frustrated with JLR's lack of attention and time wasting at dealer.

So I shall keep quiet from now on to let everybody enjoy their new cars in piece.
I think you are entitled to be moaning, with your issues you have had I would be moaning also, its good to hear peoples issues and how these are resolved as it allows others to get a similar idea on how to progress.

Chin up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:

So I shall keep quiet from now on to let everybody enjoy their new cars in piece.
Please dont, I for one like to hear about the problems I could face when my car arrives, this forum is a good way to keep JLR on their toes about the problems and SHOULD help to get them resolved quicker because dealers seem to be burying their heads in the sand

·
Registered
492 Posts
:D sorry I duplicated post

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Carl, moaning is one thing, and I fully understand, however most of us haven't even received ours yet, and you had added quite a bit of concern before my car arrives. If you kept it to one thread I personally would have no issue with that, just not EVERY thread.

I sincerely hope your issues are sorted soon, and I also hope that my ITCP isn't affected.

Stay on here, still take photos of your lovely machine, add your badges and continue with banter :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Interesting spelling there Carl, possibly intentional?

"......let everyone enjoy their new cars in peace." As opposed to ".....let everyone enjoy their new cars in pieces", which is how some of them have been once the dealers try to sort out the issues!

Anyway, I hope you get yours fixed soon although I suspect the ICTP issues will be a long haul as the software gets re-written and patches are released. I guess it's about when and where one posts the faults. Difficult when one is fizzin' because of the problems but there you go.

Best wishes.

Arianne

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F-Pace S said:
Carl, moaning is one thing, and I fully understand, however most of us haven't even received ours yet, and you had added quite a bit of concern before my car arrives. If you kept it to one thread I personally would have no issue with that, just not EVERY thread.

I sincerely hope your issues are sorted soon, and I also hope that my ITCP isn't affected.

Stay on here, still take photos of your lovely machine, add your badges and continue with banter :D
That's how I have interpreted it....I'm not chucking my dummy out the pram, or going in a strop. I quite happily took on board that most threads I ended up steering back to moaning which wasn't my intention tbh. There is a time a place and the right threads.

I'm all happy and fine but thought I'd just apologise for what had been "whinge gate"! ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Carl, I quite understand the moaning it's very frustrating, I work away so returning my car to the dealers needs careful logistic planning and affects my ability to get to my clients in Europe as I am normally on the road at 6 am on a Monday and not back home until early afternoon Friday.

As you are no doubt aware I had an oil leak and water coolant leaks and a suspected fuel leak....

I still have ITCP issues every day and I am having to wait before I can take back in because my clients come first, it's bloody frustrating when you spent north of £60k for JLR to essentially revert to type and do what BL did which is launch cars knowing they were faulty and then slowly fix them based on customer and dealer feedback. I thought we had moved on from the dark days of 70's British built cars...

The vehicle has the potential to be a defining car for Jaguar having driven lots of SUV and full on 4x4's over the years this has the best ride handling compromise of any bar none Porsche included. But this software compatability issue is shocking....

So I completely understand the need to vent, personally I think weekly about handing mine back as I simply can't afford the down time from my business that this car seemingly needs to get fixed..

The reason I haven't is I don't know what else I would have, an S6 estate or an RRS both are great cars but I just want afully operational FP as I love the way it goes, personally I am going to have to make the decision soon to reject or stick with it.

So like others I am interested in your progress.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I felt the same - I don't want to spoil the new car excitement for other users but my XE-S delivered in May 2016 really is the most badly designed, tested and built (especially the truly awful ICT Pro) car I have ever owned in my driving career which started in the early Eighties with a 1979 T-reg Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia; certainly a giant step backwards compared to the last three new Mercedes I owned - I can't wait to get back to the C43 I have planned assuming my rejection of the XE is successful...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Carl, your frustrations are understandable and I have found them illuminating & down right worrying, but the end I figure forewarned is forearmed. So I thank you and the others for sharing the issues.
Ive already had a couple of run ins with my dealer, and with the build date of next Friday (9th Sept.) Ive put in a couple of contingencies.
I'm going to hang on to my A7 until I'm happy, so the dealer doesn't think I have no options other than to mess around, letting them take forever to sort it.
I took the liberty of writing to the dealer asking him for assurances that issues I have heard are not correct. As usual they never reply without being chased.
Like everyone here I love the car and want it, but it has to work, if not it goes back.
It appears that so many of the issues revolve the ICTP and various options, I've gone with a load, so I could well be a candidate to join your club.
Hope not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just remembered that the one make of car I forgot to list was Jaguar! Back in the day I had an early X-Type. Loved it until after about 12 months the gearbox blew up! Vowed I'd never buy another, what am I doing.
My dealer has confirmed that the only issues they have had are the suspension ones, as detailed on the forum, and that they are now resolved.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dealer just rang back and reckons they have had 2 issues, one the suspension issue, the other changed a CD and all sorted on the other.
Didn't give me the exact number they have sold but it's a lot 6/7 going out tomorrow.
Well I'm hoping he's right/truthful, still scheduled for Friday build so should see before the end of the , fingers crossed.
Dealer in Tamworth.

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
RayE said:
Dealer just rang back and reckons they have had 2 issues, one the suspension issue, the other changed a CD and all sorted on the other.
Didn't give me the exact number they have sold but it's a lot 6/7 going out tomorrow.
Well I'm hoping he's right/truthful, still scheduled for Friday build so should see before the end of the , fingers crossed.
Dealer in Tamworth.
In fairness they are not likely to tell you there is issues with some vehicles as they would be worried your cancel your order, all I can suggest is when its ready, go to the dealer and go round the shut lines with a fine tooth comb, my passenger door was so bad.

The more people reject them at the dealer on arrival the more JLR will take notice that build quality alone not ignoring the ITCP issues so not be coming off the production line looking this bad.

Yes they have a large demand but this should never be at the expense of quality and on a personal note from my Fpace quality I would say they need to tighten up sooner rather then later, with a reported new J pace and E Pace on the cards things need to get better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

why have you stopped moaning? Have the Jaguar franchise in MK found a solution for you?
I took delivery of my F-Pace from MK in September and have experienced many of the problems you highlighted. All seems to stem from the in-control Pro.
What really annoys me is the fact that they knew there was a fundamental fault within the software, but didn't even try in a subtle way to steer me away from the £1200 upgrade.
I spent so much time thinking it was my fault, (user error) and didn't want to look stupid by asking questions about faults that were down to me not operating the right buttons. So i read the book from back to front and then again, before I landed on this blog, and my eyes were opened.
What a knave prat I've been!
So my F-Pace went back into Lancaster Jaguar MK this week, to get the 2.6 download to update my software - it didn't work! So they now say Jaguar are working on a 3.0 update, but have no idea when it will be available and no idea if it will work.
So I have saved for 15 years to pay £46,000 for a car that was sold to me with known significant faults that effect many safely features. When things go wrong, it makes me to look down at the screen, and so take my attention from the road ahead. This is really frustrating as the car looks and drives like a dream, and I want to keep it.But they have to sort the problems out, which looking at the posts have been there since April or I'll be asking for my money back.
Please keep moaning until we get satisfaction - or have you been sorted out ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. You echo my thoughts.

There are also other threads on this Forum that deal with the ICTP problems and build quality.

You made a very good point, in that while the driver is pressing the screen to try and get it to respond, or read off yet another error message...
They are not looking at the road.
ICTP when not functioning correctly is a serious safety issue.

There is also a thread to vote if you are happy with your F Pace.
It sounds childish but JLR monitor this Forum and they should see clearly how many are unhappy with their product.

FWIW there is also a US Forum for the F Pace and they have similar issues with ICTP
In fact there must be numerous forums for XE, XJ, XF Jaguars with these problems.

G

·
CarlFRZ434 said:

So I shall keep quiet from now on to let everybody enjoy their new cars in peace.
No Bollocks to that ... it's a public forum, with freedom of speech .. even Russel can carry on if he/she wants to, don't feel pressured to not post what you really want to, otherwise there is no point to this at all . .otherwise everything will be rosy and dandy through the thick rose tinted glasses !

so please carry on .. anyway I am sure Russell will be along soon with his/her to penny's worth, which is highly entertaining :lol:

no need to apologize ... you have not done anything wrong for christ sake !!!!

·
Banned
444 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:

Thank the Lord :D

G

·
Russell said:
CarlFRZ434 said:

Russell so predictable as usual .... noted you are now using bold text ?

But even you have the right for your opinion and say ;) .....

·
Banned
444 Posts
Kaspa said:
Russell said:
CarlFRZ434 said:

Russell so predictable as usual .... noted you are now using bold text ?

But even you have the right for your opinion and say ;) .....
We all do, provided we do not use bad language and insults!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts