Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that's it! Sick and tired of useless JLR customer relations, and the huge host of issues with parking sensors crackling, failing; cameras not working; TV locking out/ bleeding image unable to change channel, not coming on when stationary; CD player locking, leaving 1st disc data on screen but actually playing second inserted cd; not returning cd; not uploading whole cd; sign recognition fail; charging fault; B-pillar rattle & now door rattle at 1500rpm......and then finding the headlamp has been shunted inwards and out of alignment prior to my collection....enough is enough. Formally advised dealer they can have it back a second time to rectify issues, if it fails again car is rejected and replacement is required. Please bear in mind prior to collection I went in explained the forum issues I had seen and gave them the opportunity to ensure the car was fine (uploading latest software) so this is effectively going to be third attempt of latest software patches and updates. This will be my second car handed back to JLR previous one was in 2007!! Things don't improve it would seem?

Thinking of one of these instead!!!??

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sensible decision Carl in the circumstances.

Being in IT and noting other comments on here concerning increasing s/w complexity when you start adding options I think your car must have all the s/w gizmos, blind spot monitoring, 360 cameras etc. Etc. And hence you are getting more bugs because I am betting they have not tested everything working together.

That doesn't help you and I feel your annoyance, if you wanted another vehicle I could echo Arianne's suggestion but I guess you would have orders a 3D S in the first place....

i hope they deal with this reasonably......

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am assuming the fix won't come any day soon Gman and I need to make decisions as to what I want, trouble is what I want is what I ordered....... :evil: :roll: Maybe I need to concede as Arianne says.....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No finances, bought outright. That's not an issue...sale of goods and services blah! blah!!! I know you can claim against finance company for those that have a loan, mine will be simply dealt with by the dealer. I don't want to hand it back as love the car, just wish it would work!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm assuming Jaguar couldn't instantly snap it's fingers and an alternative F Pace appearance in a spec/engine choice you would accept and wouldn't expect you to wait so what's next...?

P.S.
Haven't been out in my car at night since getting it.... I know 5 weeks in which is most bizarre but true, more unsettling is the fact the xenon lights self levelling system seem to be faulty as I can't even see the dip beam it's that low to the ground. One very slow and nervous drive home.

We ring dealer this morning and see if I can get it in early ahead of the suspension fix due next week.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
No finances, bought outright. That's not an issue...sale of goods and services blah! blah!!! I know you can claim against finance company for those that have a loan, mine will be simply dealt with by the dealer. I don't want to hand it back as love the car, just wish it would work!! :lol: :lol:
Rejected a car on finance once before. It can be done but it's even more hard work as you have to reject it TO the finance company. To be honest that's one of the reasons I switched from my bank's finance back to Jaguar's own. I know they are both the same (black horse finance) but I feel I'd have a better case against someone with Jaguar in their name! The basis for this definitely isn't any knowledge or research mind u!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its a shame but I don't think you are left with much choice other than to hand it back. All these problems and the poor response from JLR must feel like a massive let down after speccing the car up and the long wait for build and delivery.

Out of interest (and not meaning to trivialise the situation) does anyone know what happens to the car once its handed back? Its obviously a fully kitted out vehicle with a high original sale price, but can it be sold or used in its error-strewn state? If they couldn't fix the errors before would they still bother to tinker a bit longer and try again? Or stripped for parts? I would just be interested to know.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
ASM33 said:
Out of interest (and not meaning to trivialise the situation) does anyone know what happens to the car once its handed back? Its obviously a fully kitted out vehicle with a high original sale price, but can it be sold or used in its error-strewn state? If they couldn't fix the errors before would they still bother to tinker a bit longer and try again? Or stripped for parts? I would just be interested to know.
I don't know if they try and fix them, but my rejected Range Rover Sport ended up at auction. Have always wondered how the poor sod that bought it is getting on.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts