Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fitted a set of these carbon mirror covers, think they look great
only £51 and they were a great fit
Arrived in just 1 week from China and the guy called 'Wing' was great to deal with.
He's got some other nice stuff too, things like carbon style gear paddle extensions
not to everyone's taste, but I'm really pleased

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Style-Side-Wing-Mirror-Cover-Trims-SET-For-Jaguar-F-Pace-X761-2016-2017-/262551655160?fits=Model%3AF-Pace&hash=item3d214c52f8:g:qRYAAOSwTZ1Xmwuo
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
And for £25 quid per mirror something I would rather scratch then the mirror itself. Presumably, the cover would just peel off without damaging the paint or leaving a glue residue if removed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had to remove these covers on previous cars
Massive tip here
get some thin strong twine or fishing line, say 12" long, hold an end in each hand and feed it into the gap, then work it back and forwards under the cover all around the edge, it seperates the tape nice and cleanly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
I was looking at these too as was considering getting front and rear valance wrapped but held back on mirror covers as the wrapper could do the mirrors to match too.

Ref the twine for removal of things like this or decals.....tooth floss is pretty good!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Maybe look better in real life. I guess they look the same as if you get retro fit mirrors from dealer. I like the idea but not I'm as keen seeing it contrasting against black like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
£51 vs £674?? That the 'stealer' wants no brainer!! I know the stealers are real cf but it's the look we want!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Maybe look better in real life. I guess they look the same as if you get retro fit mirrors from dealer. I like the idea but not I'm as keen seeing it contrasting against black like that.
CarlFRZ434 said:
I was looking at these too as was considering getting front and rear valance wrapped but held back on mirror covers as the wrapper could do the mirrors to match too.

Ref the twine for removal of things like this or decals.....tooth floss is pretty good!!
I am getting the rear exhaust diffuser/valance carbon fibre wrapped, (although they need to see the car to ensure that the vinyl will apply to it as its plastic) as soon as I get my hands on it. Agree that with a black car I am not sure that the final look will be spot on but it's only going to cost about £100 to £115 so if it looks rubbish I will peel it off and find something else more suitable. However one thing is for sure I will cover that rear plastic piece of silver s*** with something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Ruski said:
Mbadger77 said:
Maybe look better in real life. I guess they look the same as if you get retro fit mirrors from dealer. I like the idea but not I'm as keen seeing it contrasting against black like that.
CarlFRZ434 said:
I was looking at these too as was considering getting front and rear valance wrapped but held back on mirror covers as the wrapper could do the mirrors to match too.

Ref the twine for removal of things like this or decals.....tooth floss is pretty good!!
I am getting the rear exhaust diffuser/valance carbon fibre wrapped, (although they need to see the car to ensure that the vinyl will apply to it as its plastic) as soon as I get my hands on it. Agree that with a black car I am not sure that the final look will be spot on but it's only going to cost about £100 to £115 so if it looks rubbish I will peel it off and find something else more suitable. However one thing is for sure I will cover that rear plastic piece of silver s*** with something.
Do you know what. Honestly that's the only reason I went with the black pack just to cover the back grey thing. It's just not good looking and is part of some euro car language design they all seem to think is in vogue.
Wheels were same - I'm just not keen on the silver alloys. Love the contrast ones and something like the first edition. Love my old XF silver alloys. Again ended up gloss black. I'm worried it's all too black but gone brown seats so that will mix it up :) Next week I'll actually see what it all looks like
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Weirdly, I wanted black pack for the IRR as a contrast too, but am not a fan of black alloys, so silver helix 22's for me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Be very interested to see the carbon wrapped front and rear silver bits and hear if it copes with the exhaust heat on the rear
I've just asked the guy in China if they could do a carbon cover for the rear roof wing, could look nice, though maybe the wrap again is a good option
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
FSLUK said:
Be very interested to see the carbon wrapped front and rear silver bits and hear if it copes with the exhaust heat on the rear
I've just asked the guy in China if they could do a carbon cover for the rear roof wing, could look nice, though maybe the wrap again is a good option
I wondered about the rear wing but worried that the shape of the car may be disfigured. So was only going to wrap the black section underneath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh, I can see that maybe
Worth having a go in photoshop or paint 1st on the PC
Mine's black so I don't think it will effect the flow or lines
The carbon effect still looks kinda of black, so it might be good
Carbon on black is quite subtle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
FSLUK said:
Yeh, I can see that maybe
Worth having a go in photoshop or paint 1st on the PC
Mine's black so I don't think it will effect the flow or lines
The carbon effect still looks kinda of black, so it might be good
Carbon on black is quite subtle
Definitely yours will look cool, but Ammonite would lose the look of the wing I fear!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Actually I've just seen the proper jag ones and they are styled pretty much the same
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top