Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3.0D S all black with black 22"'s is being built Friday 24th
Trading in my white 2014 XFS
So I'm getting some welcome presents up together, not that there is much avail at the mo
So for my XF I have a nice carbon look key cover, it was back and front sticker, but looks nice when sat at the bar, only cost £10 and it was a fun 15 min fitting it.
I need to know what the F pace keys look like please, so I can order my new cover, is it the same tablet shape, silver down 1 side and then 4 buttons plus the hazard triangle under ?
Hope somebody can help
I'm really excited now, been a long wait !
Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi
Yes that's the description of my f pace key

·
Registered
381 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
A key cover? Don't get it. What am I missing. Surely you want it to be small so it fits in your pocket nicely. Why make it bigger. I'm not getting it ....
For a premium vehicle the key looks a bit shite. Thus, the cover.

·
Registered
473 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
A key cover? Don't get it. What am I missing. Surely you want it to be small so it fits in your pocket nicely. Why make it bigger. I'm not getting it ....
Nor me I really couldn't give a monkeys what the key looks like, the car yes, how it performs definitly, the key not so much :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
PaulC said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Same key as my RRE and that stays in a bag/coat/pocket. It's almost never 'exposed'. Isn't that the point of all this 'keyless' malarkey?

Good word malarkey. Might use it some more today :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
PaulC said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Same key as my RRE and that stays in a bag/coat/pocket. It's almost never 'exposed'. Isn't that the point of all this 'keyless' malarkey?

Good word malarkey. Might use it some more today :)
Yes, but the shiny black plastic and silver on the Evoque key scratches very easily. A few months of pocketing and if you're not careful your formerly shiny new F-Pace 'key' will look fugly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep I know its just a key, but by the time I've thrown it in the draw a thousand times with all the loose change, it can look a bit tat.
This stick on cover doesn't make it any bigger and its doesn't get messed up, the carbon look is OK too.
Anyway, its just a key like you say.
Whats a marlarkey then ?

·
Registered
381 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
love it !!
Anyway I'm old school, if it's worth having, its worth looking after it, key 'n' all.
I feel very fortunate to be buying a new Jaguar, especially the F Pace, I'm on my 5th Jaguar now.
If you don't want a key sticker, don't buy one easy as that, but some people might
Over and out on the Key thing now !
By the way I'm 48 with a beautiful 35 y/o wife, that's the power of JAGUAR baby !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts