Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??

They tell me they have test driven it, yet my remote app journeys shows its last journey as me driving it to them, although it has moved over the road, and it does not show that as a journey?

I don't want to accuse them of lying if they have some way of barring their journeys?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
If you have the car setup to show you journeys and its not then its two things, one, try logging out of the app and then back in as sometimes i have found it does not upload all the journeys, if you have done this and its not showing then its not gone anywhere.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have yes

·
Registered
688 Posts
The test drive my dealers did yesterday showed up alongside all my journeys. 12.5 miles and 35.2MPG. Better than I usually manage!

·
Registered
43 Posts
There must be a minimum trip to register. Mine was parked on the road outside the dealer (they coudlnt be bothered to open as planned at 8) and was moved to upgrade to 2.5 and never registered or when moved to be washed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wouldn't have been much of a test drive if it was less than half a mile

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's my point, thanks chaps, they have driven it over the road but not done a test drive

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I caught my dealer out with this too. Can see the two morning test drives then we had a conversation and they took it out for a further drive. Oh no they didn't!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have just spoken to the service manager, apparently it may have been a misinterpretation between technicians and her telling me... so in effect I caught them red handed and they are blaming internal misunderstandings between staff. I have told him in no uncertain terms, that I will not accept the client treatment to date, nor will I accept the car back until they have road tested it properly and go from there.

Of course they cannot road test it yet, as the diff casing is out.

Oh and they haven't even looked to see if the car needs the software update yet, I mean after all they have only had it since Monday!!

I love that car, and I have date stamped my conversation with him so he knows where I stand....

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think it's getting the the stage where we need to start naming and shaming these dealers who are offering piss poor customer service.... luckily I have nothing but praise at the moment for Charles Hurst Belfast with either their LandRover or Jaguar dealership.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to be fair to them, he has just called me back and updated me on more detail, and sadly to inform me that parts delivery is delayed 3hrs, so they cannot crack on...now the cynical man would say that is buying time, or he may be completely genuine, I will hold my thoughts on that one for the timebeing.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ I've done all my communication via email. If I have a phone call I put it in email as a follow up. I must have approaching 40 emails over the past two months.

Collating it all now.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
0.7 miles is the least mine has ever registered - quite a lot of them as well

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your car may not have been given a test drive but beat this one.

When i had a Vito van a for years ago and turned up at the garage for a service, i parked on there front forecourt parking area due to no parking around the back for customers vehicles. Keys where handed over explained where the van was parked and paperwork signed. On my return (no phone call to say work was complete) I noticed my van parked in not only the same place but with the wheels on full lock as I had parked in the morning, they seemed a little cagely when I asked for my keys and had the service gone OK. Not convinced any work had indeed been carried out I checked the service book and yes it was filled in and stamped.
Now what the dealer didn't know was I have access to the live tracker fitted to all our company vehicles and on checking its record for that day showed the engine hadn't even started :shock:
The lease company was informed the next day. That I can say is we no longer have anything to do with Mercedes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine had the differential oil leak, Jaguar insisted on a whole new diff, the dealer was instructed to carry out an extended test drive......76 miles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.