1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I subscribe to Car magazine and got this email today:

Dear Ivan,

Just a note to apologise that your subscription copy of the February issue of Car will arrive a few days late this month. We have held back publication in order to secure the first drive of Jaguar's new F-Pace SUV, which is subject to a strict embargo. I felt sure you would appreciate reading about this interesting newcomer in Car first - and I hope our story, jointly written by Ben Barry and Georg Kacher, proves me right.

You will receive your February issue of Car by Friday 22nd January at the latest.

Thanks for your patience and loyalty - I hope you enjoy the issue.

Best wishes,
Phil McNamara
Editor, Car
Can't wait to see what they think of it - I'm sure many of you will want to get a copy too!

Cheers :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like google already cached this before it was taken down!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Awww.autoexpress.co.uk%2Fjaguar%2Ff-pace%2F94071%2Fnew-jaguar-f-pace-prototype-review&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB638GB638&oq=cache%3Awww.autoexpress.co.uk%2Fjaguar%2Ff-pace%2F94071%2Fnew-jaguar-f-pace-prototype-review&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.6320j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-GB

Verdict
We'll have to wait until we get behind the wheel on tarmac, but our first taste of Jaguar's first SUV proves that the Porsche Macan should be worried. Even in the harsh, snowy conditions of our early drive, it's obvious Jaguar has instilled the F-Pace with the same dynamic talents present in its F-Type sports car and XE and XF saloons.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great find and all in a pretty positive review. Not sure how much we can learn from a snow drive, can't wait for full test but it is looking positive (including cabin build and quality). Glad I have a deposit down.

Oh man, Car magazine are going to be pissed they have been pipped to the post!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wonder why it is still disguised ? Could there be more body changes between the configurator and final production or do you think this was an older preproduction model? Surely the bodywork is fixed as on the configurator on the jaguar website?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yeah I don't fully understand this either. I've seen the cars being produced on a factory tour. They looked identical to the brochures etc. I doubt they would change this.

Maybe it's to allow dealerships to have the final 'this is what it looks like'...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts